Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A great example is Madden. That's the game for American football. It's git the NFL, but still called Madden. In fact, I believe the first few years it didn't have licenses until it became 'the' game.

Bradamn will probably get licenses, but will always be Bradman Cricket.

Is it possible to even know for sure whether a console version of AC2013 will be released this year? Does there come a point when BA are satisfied that it doesnt matter anyway and release DBC14? Is there a risk on profitability if BA hold off too much and would the publishers of AC2013 deliberatly stay silent to attempt to sabotage or delay and delay the release of DBC14?

I have to much at risk not to wait at least the few days to be sure.

Take your time Ross, we have waited this long, and if it means that we have to wait even into next year then that is fine. More important that this turns into a viable long term franchise, so if that means having to wait for the release of the first game then so be it.

Take your time Ross, we have waited this long, and if it means that we have to wait even into next year then that is fine. More important that this turns into a viable long term franchise, so if that means having to wait for the release of the first game then so be it.

Shhh.....dont wanna wait till next year :mad

Generally we see developers wanting to release the game first like pes vs fifa.
I do not comprehend what advantage will u get by waiting for ashes cricket to release.Ross there is no reason for u to suffer from ashes cricket paranoia it should be the other way around.

Last edited:

Apologies if this has been asked/answered before, but how quickly are you able to move? i.e. AC13 say no console release, what is the shortest time DBC14 could be on the shelves?

So everyone has their own theories on why Big Ant and their team have not released yet... Here is mine.

Big Ant probably knew from the start that they will have a better game. The problem was/is with the licensing. When you walk into the shop and you are not a member of this site and have not done your research, you will pick Ashes because it is licensed.

From my experience licensed games tended to be better than unlicensed ones. So Big Ant knew releasing at more or less the same time would really dent their sales. Most people would buy only one of the 2. Meaning revenue and the market would be shared by the 2 games. Given that it is a small market, you want to dominate it to be really profitable.

I don't know what the original plan of Big Ant was, but they probably thought if Ashes releases in June by the time November comes, everyone will want a proper game. There would also be a bigger market in Australia in November. Cricket fever would be starting up again. Which game would you rather buy 2013 cricket which was released a few months ago or DBC14 which says "2014" and which just came out?

But Ashes did not release in June and they moved to November. In hindsight it would have been perfect for DBC14 to release in June, but the game was not finished then. Now Ashes was releasing when DBC14 was to be released. This was a huge setback because now DBC14 would not be the only game on the market.

So in August(or somewhere around there) DBC14 released a few trailers and screenshots. This might have been a strategy to push back Ashes13 further as they now had a measurement. If DBC14 had more features and most importantly the latest features in cricket, it would give Ashes13 a hiding.

Big Ant then thought about releasing in October, giving them time to get into the market and by the time Ashes 13 released DBC would already be a success. But either Big Ant suspected that Ashes13 was having trouble or they had some information that the developers are struggling to complete the game and add the features they knew DBC had.

So Big Ant thought, what if we could get them out of the market? They pushed back the release date back and announced their world premier. They made their move and now Ashes had to make theirs. So the world premier took place, the developers from Ashes saw that they would not be able to compete with this game at all. This is exactly what Big Ant wanted. Ashes 2013 now announced that their game would be available on Friday on Steam. Their is most probably not going to be another release or anything further from them this year or early next year.

Big Ant would always get more sales if Ashes did not release around the same time they did or if they did not release at all.

Big Ant is probably just waiting for final information about any Ashes release this year before they release their game.

If what I described above is correct, I would say it is a brilliant move by Big Ant.
wow @ MRZDT. You really read the game well, didn't you.:yes

----------

Excellent post mate and sounds just right, now Ross just needs to see how bad Ashes 2013 is on Friday. The reason why I payed for it, god I new Duke forever was a bad game but I just had to play it to see for myself. Will this be the worse game of the year.

PS The only problem now is if Trickstar or 505 games say nothing for the rest of the year or still release for console in the near future but I don't see that happening.

Friday is going to be a fun day, my review will be on Saturday if anyone is interested. :p
That's one review I can't wait to read. Remember to be unbiased. I know it's going to be hard. I'm already singing DBC14's praises to all my friends here in SA.:thumbs

----------

The Juggernaut!

Commentary needs improving for sure, happy other than that.

My ?ephew does a great max walker impression, I'm not workin for the foreseeable future(can't lay bricks in the cold) so I'm free if you need me??

----------

Generally we see developers wanting to release the game first like pes vs fifa.
I do not comprehend what advantage will u get by waiting for ashes cricket to release.Ross there is no reason for u to suffer from ashes cricket paranoia it should be the other way around.

Football games are a huge seller, both of those game could share the market and still makes massive profits, cricket is a niche market!! I understand that 2 of the most populated countries play cricket, but not all of them are able to buy it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread