Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, thanks. I'm a liar too. Don't let the door hit you....
You've not been called a liar anywhere, as you've not mentioned that distribution is a problem. The 'truth' thing I mentioned was whether or not it was actually the case, or if DBC14 is delayed for another reason.

Well it was actually Ashes 2013... and I love what they have done with GTAV, so anyway, based on the "evidence" you have given, I would suggest that if you cannot tell the difference between Ashes 2013 and DBC14, nor can tell the difference between our companies, please do not take the risk, do not buy the game, and on that basis I guess you don't need to post in this area of the forum anymore? Right?
Just checking that I've read in to this too much or not.

A dissenting opinion by a consumer finds its way over to the developer. With (presumably) better information available, the developer doesn't choose to use it but instead employs a firm 'eff off' to the consumer. Would you consider this a reasonable response, Ross? Genuinely, put yourself in my shoes and ask yourself if what you've just said is befitting of the 'customer liaison' of the developer?

Can I expect to buy this game and have a game-breaking bug in it in two months' time, report it and get the same response too? Is it a good idea that you have reacted so poorly to a reasonable and honest criticism of the non-launch of your product so far?

Last edited:
The 'truth' thing I mentioned was whether or not it was actually the case, or if DBC14 is delayed for another reason.

All I can imagine is that you have simply not read any of Ross' posts since Ashes was released...

Reading is fun.

It's not a response you would get from a regular community liaison employee but Ross isn't one - he runs the company.
If you want to know what Big Ant's track record is for dealing with issues post release and patching games take a look at some of their previous releases and you'll see that their record is excellent.

Bugger that, his record on this FORUM is excellent with responding to bug reports, glitches and errors in the free academy for crying out loud.

You've not been called a liar anywhere, as you've not mentioned that distribution is a problem. The 'truth' thing I mentioned was whether or not it was actually the case, or if DBC14 is delayed for another reason.

Just checking that I've read in to this too much or not.

A dissenting opinion by a consumer finds its way over to the developer. With (presumably) better information available, the developer doesn't choose to use it but instead employs a firm 'eff off' to the consumer. Would you consider this a reasonable response, Ross? Genuinely, put yourself in my shoes and ask yourself if what you've just said is befitting of the 'customer liaison' of the developer?

Can I reasonably expect to buy this game and have a game-breaking bug in it in two months' time, report it and get the same response too? Is it a good idea that you have reacted so poorly to a reasonable criticism of the non-launch of your product so far?

Ah, no, asking if something is true or not is impugning that someone is lying.

You have not been reasonable at all. You are the reason why I think twice about *inclusion* in the development journey, you are the type of consumer that needs to be "educated" about the product in the final month before release because that is your attention span. You cannot handle the timeframe, it's OK, I get it, not many can.

I have a track record of making games that improve in quality over time, RLL < AFL < RLL2 < DBC14, I also have a track record of releasing patches and supporting the product after release.

Putting a question mark on the end of a statement does not make it a question. Are you an ignorant prick? (I guess you would call that a question?)

Ah, no, asking if something is true or not is impugning that someone is lying.
Just to confirm, no accusations of lying were made. Case closed.

I have a track record of making games that improve in quality over time, RLL < AFL < RLL2 < DBC14, I also have a track record of releasing patches and supporting the product after release.
Reasonable, but this doesn't help those of us who haven't played any of those. You're only as good as your last project, so in their eyes it's a blank slate.

You have not been reasonable at all. You are the reason why I think twice about *inclusion* in the development journey, you are the type of consumer that needs to be "educated" about the product in the final month before release because that is your attention span. You cannot handle the timeframe, it's OK, I get it, not many can.
I'd like to think I have been reasonable, actually. I've communicated the concerns I have as clearly as I can, and (judging by every response since) I've been open to discussion and being proven wrong. I'm going to say though, your attitude in your last couple of posts has been absolutely terrible and I'm struggling to understand whether or not you're just having a bad day or you are unable to handle criticism of a product without resorting to personal insults and profanity.

I expected the responses from Biggs, like day turning to night. I didn't expect those sorts of responses from you, however.

Putting a question mark on the end of a statement does not make it a question. Are you an ignorant prick? (I guess you would call that a question?)
I made a grammar mistake, and the CEO of a company is calling me a prick. This is surreal, I have no idea what on earth is going on right now.

Without calling into question who is or isn't a prick... (that's not my place)

Does anyone want to deal with the issue at hand: that the DBC14 practise nets are SUPER badass and awesome?

Anyone?

:)

No, we'd much rather keep going around in circles with some pedantic muppet who compares cricket games with GTA5 and can't see how being an arrogant immovable bore in a forum a good chunk of which he clearly hasn't read since he signed up in August.

No, we'd much rather keep going around in circles with some pedantic muppet who compares cricket games with GTA5 and can't see how being an arrogant immovable bore in a forum a good chunk of which he clearly hasn't read since he signed up in August.

Cool. Sorry. I just wanted to catch up.:yes

You're welcome, please return to your regularly scheduled lurking... ;)

You're welcome, please return to your regularly scheduled lurking... ;)

"Lurking". = Checking in on the one place that people exhibit an Interest in a subject that you care about once in a while... SOLD.

:)

I made a grammar mistake, and the CEO of a company is calling me a prick. This is surreal, I have no idea what on earth is going on right now.

No, it was a question. I'll leave it. Thanks for your feedback.

----------

Yes, back to the positive, the guys in the office have been emailing back and forth - they are stoked that people are enjoying it! :)

Ross, Is there anything in the update we haven't caught yet?

"Lurking". = Checking in on the one place that people exhibit an Interest in a subject that you care about once in a while... SOLD

I'm only ribbin' ya...

How skilled have you got in the nets so far? I'm switching controllers this afternoon to give it a crack with a different one. I'm not too proud to admit I'm absolutely shite and practice is going to make perfect...

I'm only ribbin' ya...

How skilled have you got in the nets so far? I'm switching controllers this afternoon to give it a crack with a different one. I'm not too proud to admit I'm absolutely shite and practice is going to make perfect...

HBK's notes should be a good start if you haven't already looked at them.

Haven't seen anyone with a century yet. I'll give a prize for the first one :)

Thread starting soon...

HBK's notes should be a good start if you haven't already looked at them...

I've saved them on my phone, I've been using a shitty controller I grabbed quickly, have another one on the way, I think that's possibly where I'm going wrong... I'm also exceptionally hungover. :yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread