Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if the US takes a liking to cricket, other non-playing nations will follow suit. But honestly, as cricket is very similar to baseball (bat, bowl, run, catch, run out) and baseball being big in the US, it is very difficult to understand why cricket hasn't been able to garner at least some decent level if not major interest.

$ will follow if the sport gets popular, won't it?

I think if the US takes a liking to cricket, other non-playing nations will follow suit. But honestly, as cricket is very similar to baseball (bat, bowl, run, catch, run out) and baseball being big in the US, it is very difficult to understand why cricket hasn't been able to garner at least some decent level if not major interest.

$ will follow if the sport gets popular, won't it?

Cricket used to be very popular in the US, maybe not as popular as Baseball but certainly not far behind. The first ever international cricket match was between the USA and Canada, in 1844.

The Philadelphia team including the great John "Bart" King were a match for most first-class teams and even beat an Australia side on the way home from a tour of England in 1893 by an innings. Bart King was key to the development of swing bowling.

The main reasons for the decline of cricket were firstly the Imperial Cricket Conference (forerunner to the ICC) would only grant test-status to teams from the Empire, so the USA were cut off from the "top table", and then Baseball went on a big public relations exercise, pushing its (falsified) American origins and promoting it as a patriotic American past time in opposition to the "foreign" cricket.

Your retort is worse than your team.

I only grow stronger with your tears.

Fish in a barrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread