Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one Isra,,,it explains why you are in South African colours on the trailer, lol,,,good to know our support base extends outside the boundries.

Australia has got talent, that's a fact, but talent won't be enough when they meet a winning team with chemistry

Had plans to go to south africa for this india series to watch kallis play but cancelled in the last moment thinking i will catch the aussie series instead. Imagine how pissed off i was when i heard kallis's announcement. Ruined the holidays for me. But i am glad i got to see him play in the field live in the 98 mini world cup (first champions trophy) in dhaka and win it for south africa.

But yah i expect south africa to win, but i think it will be tricky without kallis and the "new guy", whoever he is, coming in.

^ The "new guy" might probably be De Kock and he will take over the keeping responsibilities from ABD.

@Isra, I bet they were ruined, you would have again see him batting for the last time, and getting a century on his last test, wow! Can't think of anyone who has done that.

New guy coming in! I don't think de Kock will come in now, but reckon shuffling a bit and maybe sloting in Dean Elgar, de Kock is still in the pot, needs fine tuning in W/keeping for longer periods, mental strength and consistency, but we know he's our guy

@Barmy, sorry man, we just got carried away by the "love" of cricket

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have had three things that made me really excited - one a perfectly straight drive that knocked the middle stump at the bowlers ebd out the ground' and my first hook and first square cut that i properly nailed. The square cut made me actually made me scream because i had been practising it with the marker then nailed it in a "proper" net.

In terms of the game, rather than being pleased with my own executions ;), i think drift for the spinner - making them devilishly difficult to face - and the realisation that the timing window can vary a lot depending on the shot you play, these are what i have really thought are seriously impressive. And the whole batting control system, of course.

Was lucky enough to meet Kallis and Herchell Gibbs (they are best friends) a couple of times. Both really, really nice guys. He was to scared to go outside and play cricket in the park with us though.

Kallis dated my cousin when he was 20. They still friends..

Yeah I thought about that. Sadly I live in London now. I'm going back to Cape Town in March to meet with family. I'll ask her if she still chats to him. I know she is still very good friends with his sister (she is hot)..

Ohk kudos then,,,let's not be in the danger area for too long, barmy has warned us about keeping discussions relevant

I have tried using tweeter to make aware of a few guys in the S.A team about DBC14, I'm sure some have checked it out via google or something!

*doing my bit*

bottom line, with everyone in top form, Aus have 3 world class players - Harris, Johnson, Clarke.

SA have 5 - Smith, Amla, De Villiers, Steyn, Philander

ceterus paribus, SA win 2-0

I think you could consider Warner a world class player when in top form. And we'll just agree to disagree about the result :p

@NoLeName,,,Just now, look at what we are doing to India, 5 wickets in the first session, to a team trying to save a match.

I agree with you there, I'm not taking anything away from your batsmen,,,its just that I have top bowlers in the world, Philander being number one currently, then Steyn and Morkel, all these can produce good bouncers, something which Australian batsmen are a bit struggling with, spinners yes I don't possess quality, but most of the job is done upfront by our pacemen, good fielding as well

I don't think the Australian batsmen struggle with bouncers at all. With Mitch sending down 150km bouncers at training I think they should be able to handle them alright! And I don't think any country has a better fielding side than Australia.

Lol,,,I guess people don't want to be tied up when DBC14 releases, wich is not far from now,,,Sachin, Trott, Swann and now Kallis, I guess they'll relive their playing days in the game

How good this game is gonna be, I hope to play it during the Aus tour,,,before, during and after each mach

----------

I think you could consider Warner a world class player when in top form. And we'll just agree to disagree about the result :p

I don't think the Australian batsmen struggle with bouncers at all. With Mitch sending down 150km bouncers at training I think they should be able to handle them alright! And I don't think any country has a better fielding side than Australia.

Don't get us into trouble again hey! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread