Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at least we've got the free nets session.:yes

The game won't be cancelled after four years in the making.:noway Don't believe anything you read on Wikipedia.

I'm still confident that one of Ian Bell's nicknames is "The Sledgehammer of Eternal Justice" whatever you say.

I knew wikipedia was fundamentally unreliable due to the "wiki" element, what i didn't know was it could be edited without even creating an account or logging in.

That's why you're not getting my money Jimmy Wales

I think @BigAntStudios thought since it was so long since anyone had asked for the release date, nobody was interested any more. It's our fault really. I particularly blame @skippingbrad - I mean if a new member isn't gonna ask for the release date, it's perfectly reasonable for Big Ant to assume nobody cares anymore and just cancel the release.

So, uhh.. when's the release date? There, feel better? :)

I can't imagine BA flushing a basically finished project after all that work.

It isn't always wrong, Wikipedia. Was it wrong of me to gain some of my knowledge of the historic buildings of London through Wikipedia? No, because that sort of information is reliable. This sort of information less so. Someone edited the page, clearly. Words fail me.

The only person who can put all this to bed is Ross, like a few others on here, I'm still expecting to hear the release date in the next 10 days, hopefully having the game by end of February. I can't see bigant updating the nets so often, at cost to them, if there was a chance it was going tits up. I understand the frustration, we all want the game ASAP, but until we hear from the horses mouth I'm still very confident its coming soon, with all that and more so hang in there.

The fact that anyone can tamper with the information devalues the whole as far as I'm concerned, but it is quite useful at times.

It isn't always wrong, Wikipedia. Was it wrong of me to gain some of my knowledge of the historic buildings of London through Wikipedia? No, because that sort of information is reliable. This sort of information less so. Someone edited the page, clearly. Words fail me.

I'm "guilty" of going on Wikipedia for knowledge about events from years gone by rather often, but usually it becomes more unreliable if the event or person is current. It's always best to check the sources.

The only person who can put all this to bed is Ross, like a few others on here, I'm still expecting to hear the release date in the next 10 days, hopefully having the game by end of February. I can't see bigant updating the nets so often, at cost to them, if there was a chance it was going tits up. I understand the frustration, we all want the game ASAP, but until we hear from the horses mouth I'm still very confident its coming soon, with all that and more so hang in there.

I was quite surprise with the last update as I thought the one before that was the last update. I believe that there is yet another one being released soon. That doesn't bode well for an early release.

I knew wikipedia was fundamentally unreliable due to the "wiki" element, what i didn't know was it could be edited without even creating an account or logging in.
I'm "guilty" of going on Wikipedia for knowledge about events from years gone by rather often, but usually it becomes more unreliable if the event or person is current. It's always best to check the sources.
There are some alternatives to Wikipedia. Though you may not get everything there, but whatever that is available, is RELIABLE.

1. Scholarpedia
  2. Citizendium
  3. Encyclopedia Britannica Online
  4. Infoplease
For details, Click here

Last edited:
@Skater yes you're right some info is less reliable than others, but when you can make the DBC14 page say this without even logging in the whole system is flawed:

attachment.php

Apologies Ross it was done for illustrative purposes only, immediately undone and then the cancel shenanigans (not me) removed for good measure.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 173
the logging in is in itself a joke i dont even need to put my email address in just made an account ,just a user id and password and im set to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread