Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was quite surprise with the last update as I thought the one before that was the last update. I believe that there is yet another one being released soon. That doesn't bode well for an early release.

I did fret a bit about that possibility, but I think they'll probably update the nets between announcement and release for the good of the day 1 patch or subsequent patches, also some people will be getting the game on console but will continue to use the pc for the CA as typing is a pain on Xbox etc so it will probably be updated even after release! To be honest even though Ross said if we don't know the release by feb etc, I think we'd have probably been told if the game was going to be later, not because we should be told, but cos bigant have been upfront with us from as long as I've been a member here and probably before that! It's a storm in a tea cup as far as I'm concerned, no worries!!

the logging in is in itself a joke i dont even need to put my email address in just made an account ,just a user id and password and im set to go

Eventually they get around to suspending the IP address from editing if there are too many ridiculous edits made. But by then the damage is already done.

yup ,people who want to tamper would always find ways around by using proxies or stuff but these guys are not making it harder .... especially for anyone who just wants to have a laugh...

just added a few links pointing to PC and nets download ..

The IP addresses of those who have edited the Wikipedia page are freely available. Now if we assume the people making silly claims on there are also members of these forums, the admins could match the IP addresses from Wikipedia to here and be able to identify who was responsible. Not much can be done but they could be named and shamed.

The IP addresses of those who have edited the Wikipedia page are freely available. Now if we assume the people making silly claims on there are also members of these forums, the admins could match the IP addresses from Wikipedia to here and be able to identify who was responsible. Not much can be done but they could be named and shamed.

My guess is 9 times out of ten the guy pointing it out will be the one who did the edit. If you're a member here you don't need to look on Wikipedia for release info. They edit Wikipedia then come here and go on about it - it's trolling pure and simple in the original meaning of troll, posting to get a reaction.

Posting here about what Wikipedia says about the release should be a bannable offence

yup ,people who want to tamper would always find ways around by using proxies or stuff but these guys are not making it harder .... especially for anyone who just wants to have a laugh...

just added a few links pointing to PC and nets download ..

Yeah. Or something as simple as using a phone vis their pc. My point though was that they tend to try to close the barn door after all the horses have run out. Wikipedia makes a good starting point and as someone said earlier the historical event/person pages are generally pretty good.

My guess is 9 times out of ten the guy pointing it out will be the one who did the edit. If you're a member here you don't need to look on Wikipedia for release info. They edit Wikipedia then come here and go on about it - it's trolling pure and simple in the original meaning of troll, posting to hould be a bannable offence

I would respectfully disagree. Ive visited this forum a lot before signing up and before I knew where exactly to look I checked BAs website for a release date and also the wikipedia. When I first heard of the game I checked wikipedia for info. I think someone should look at as many resources of information as are available so they can make an informed decision. I'm not defending trolling in any case I just don't agree its so cut and dry as that.

I would respectfully disagree. Ive visited this forum a lot before signing up and before I knew where exactly to look I checked BAs website for a release date and also the wikipedia. When I first heard of the game I checked wikipedia for info. I think someone should look at as many resources of information as are available so they can make an informed decision. I'm not defending trolling in any case I just don't agree its so cut and dry as that.

Well I did mean more specifically people who have been members here for a while. I agree it's a reasonable thing to have looked there before being aware of this forum.

But sadly we have people who know what this forum is and the interaction we have had with Big Ant but still go through the Wikipedia shenanigans. If you have been a member here for more than a week I think you know you will get release info here, from Ross, before anywhere else

The Discussion of WiKipedia ends Here. Now about the Release Date of Greatest Cricket Game..........:p

Well I did mean more specifically people who have been members here for a while. I agree it's a reasonable thing to have looked there before being aware of this forum.

But sadly we have people who know what this forum is and the interaction we have had with Big Ant but still go through the Wikipedia shenanigans. If you have been a member here for more than a week I think you know you will get release info here, from Ross, before anywhere else

I agree. The BA website still says a 2013 release. But what can ya do? Some people are set in their ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread