Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated the Wikipedia site once more. Somebody added a bunch of content so I went and tidied it up.

I know Wikipedia doesn't mean much, but a lot of people use it as a first source of information, so I think it's best to have it looking as good (and correct) as possible.

Only 9 days until we know the release date, so that's good too.

so u are tend60
can u upload pics to the page my account is new and i cant

do people in the US even know what cricket is?
It's like football in India. People do like playing the game, but there is not much excitement to play at International level.

Well, the fact is that, In 1844, the first international cricket match took place between the United States and Canada. In spite of cricket's popularity in the 18th and early 19th centuries, the game was supplanted by baseball in the 1850s and 1860s.

Read further here

It's like football in India. People do like playing the game, but there is not much excitement to play at International level.

Well, the fact is that, In 1844, the first international cricket match took place between the United States and Canada. In spite of cricket's popularity in the 18th and early 19th centuries, the game was supplanted by baseball in the 1850s and 1860s.

Read further here

Yeah, I think we technically have an icc affiliate team or something like that but you never ever hear about it.

^^ There are cricket leagues in almost every major city. However, bulk of the players are immigrants from India, SL, Pakistan, Bangladesh and West Indies. There are a few Aussies and Brits. The game is yet to attract the local populace.

Lauderhill in Florida has an international cricket ground where NZ played SL in a T20 a couple of years ago.

There's a rugby club too. I don't think they'd ever take off here though. Don't have the patience for test matches and rugby would be "too dangerous" plus if they cant cram comercials in every 3 minutes the networks arent interested. American football has mandatory time outs for commercials at the pro level and I think the college level too now.

I'm afraid you are wrong there. The U.S.A have a very good team rugby team and have a side in the rugby 7s circuit.
I don't understand why 20/20 hasn't taken off in the states. It has to be more exciting than baseball and basketball! :yes

I don't understand why 20/20 hasn't taken off in the states.

A T20 still takes roughly about 200+ minutes to complete. I think they would prefer something that gets over within 100 minutes like Football.

Last edited:
But how long does a game of American football take to play with all the stops for adverts? I assume that the same goes for baseball and basketball.

^ What I meant to say was time could be a factor, but not the only factor.

People watch NFL for the same reason they watch Nascar - violent crashes*. Figure out how to make cricket a full contact sport, and you'll make it a success.

*and being able to throw the ball forward - seriously rugby, sort that out!

Having worked with the NFL for five years I can say that the major factor is $, coming a close second is $ followed by $

That said, I think they are the most talented athletes in the world bar none, awesome individual skills the like I have not seen on any other sports arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread