Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I will say for NASCAR - it's the only type of racing where a crowd makes sense - why do so many people go to the F1 or other races to see a car pass them in the stands once every 5 minutes and spend the rest of the time watching on TV?

Why I like top fuel or the off road rally. Top fuel is like standing on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier and the rallys are in all kinds of weather, require skill, and people can stand on the track or help pull the car out of a ditch. Its audience participation.

----------

Same reason you go to see a rugby match...pay overpriced ticket prices, spend most of the time watching the big screen tv because your seats are crap, drinking overpriced half strength XXXX (yuck) and being 100m from a crowded toilet - just being there is half the fun I reckon. :cheers

For us Brisbanites...the real fun starts when you hit Caxton street! :spy

Sounds like an NFL game.

Last edited:
It will be $89.95 Australian dollars I reckon.

Big release games like Battlefield fetch $129.95 here now, and it looks like they're about to go up to $139.95. But that won't happen with this cricket game release.

140 bucks for a game is ridiculous IMO. I would hit ebay and avoid the stores in those cases.

Why I like top fuel or the off road rally. Top fuel is like standing on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier and the rallys are in all kinds of weather, require skill, and people can stand on the track or help pull the car out of a ditch. Its audience participation.

----------

Sounds like an NFL game.

Better go to an AFL game at the G. 22 bucks for 3 hours of entertainment, plenty of food and drink and toilets nearby.

Also have the advantage of not watching rugby ;)

Anyone want to catch up at an AFL game let me know :)

actually, probably a better question is: "Ross, has interest in DB14 increased since the demise of AC13? ie. from publishers, etc etc?". With interest in cricket being at an alltime high (over the last few years) in Aust (ashes victory, one day victory, we're no 1 in the one day charts, BBL, etc), surely you must have some of the bigger publishers banging on your door to get a piece of the action right?

Big release games like Battlefield fetch $129.95 here now, and it looks like they're about to go up to $139.95. But that won't happen with this cricket game release.

That is starting to get a bit silly, considering the cost of some games on steam, may not have the same budget as some of the AAA developers, but their games have just as much, if not more longevity in their playthrough.

DBC'14 will be the last 'full priced' game I will be buying for a very long time (probably until the next edition of DBC comes out).

I pay full price for every game I buy, it just so happens that steam's full price is less expensive than other means. ;)

Anyone want to catch up at an AFL game let me know :)

Funny, i am a ridiculous rugby league fan, go to every origin match, and last year i went to my first AFL game which i really dont love at all on tv (suns game since i am on the Gold Coast) and absolutley loved it! Something about being at an AFL game where you can see the plays developing makes it so much better to be there than watch on tv. IMO. Got connections with the Suns on G.C at all Ross???:spy

One thing I will say for NASCAR - it's the only type of racing where a crowd makes sense - why do so many people go to the F1 or other races to see a car pass them in the stands once every 5 minutes and spend the rest of the time watching on TV?

I've been going to the F1 in Melbourne for the last 7 years. Even though it's $600 a seat it's well worth it to me.

It's not just the F1's, it's a 4 day carnival centred around F1. But there is nothing like experiencing an F1 car at full throttle in person - well used to be anyway, they've changed the engines back to V6's. The shriek they used to (may still) emit and physics defying speed is sensational and like no other motorsport on the planet.

It also helps when there is an Aussie to follow. Go Daniel Ricciardo! :) :thumbs

I've been going to the F1 in Melbourne for the last 7 years. Even though it's $600 a seat it's well worth it to me.

It's not just the F1's, it's a 4 day carnival centred around F1. But there is nothing like experiencing an F1 car at full throttle in person - well used to be anyway, they've changed the engines back to V6's. The shriek they used to (may still) emit and physics defying speed is sensational and like no other motorsport on the planet.

It also helps when there is an Aussie to follow. Go Daniel Ricciardo! :) :thumbs

I haven't been to the Australian F1 GP but I'm keen. Love the F1. I went to the Indy cars when on the Gold Coast and that was fun.

There is something about live sport that is always better.

Went to F1 in Adelaide back in the day.. it was raining.. closest we got to see of the cars was the spray from the wheels over the 2 meter high concrete wall..

My mum really wasted her money that day I assure you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread