Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

If nothing else I always keep my word or die trying, there will be an opportunity to visit us and I am likely to try to have another play session or two set up.

There will be ample opportunity to see the game prior to purchase.

If nothing else I always keep my word or die trying, there will be an opportunity to visit us and I am likely to try to have another play session or two set up.

There will be ample opportunity to see the game prior to purchase.

I think the lastest announcement was great.

I'm going to pick up a copy for the PS3 in March, then a PC copy in May.

Thanks Ross.

Could you at least try and get one of your facts right? Matt was playing a bugged build (there were two non bugged ones), the game has been "finished" for a while now and it was initially delayed because of the debacle that is AC13.
Only the two career mode videos (which unfortunately are the longest ones) are from the buggy build, others were from the retail one - which will get a patch at release.

Worth asking again - is the PS3/Xbox 360 release going to now come pre-patched, or would that mean needing to go through platform approvals again?

----------

yes but ross can i have a PERSONAL playsession??? or maybe you can just send me the game to my house for free? on PS3 please?
I think he should also send you thousands of dollars to thank you for your time in doing that.

can i come with you matt??? pleeeeease? pleeeeeeease?
----------
anyway how do you get to be so important that you can do that?
Matrix-Neo-Stoping-Bullets--11160.gif

He is the chosen one of this forum:cheers

@MattW The only bugs that were genuinely bad or concerning were on the old build. I know the videos with balls going through bats and the like were on the proper build but they weren't very bothersome to playing the game, as you'll only notice it on the slow motion replay, as in most games. I know there was also the boundary glitch but that was fixed shortly afterwards.

@MattW The only bugs that were genuinely bad or concerning were on the old build. I know the videos with balls going through bats and the like were on the proper build but they weren't very bothersome to playing the game, as you'll only notice it on the slow motion replay, as in most games. I know there was also the boundary glitch but that was fixed shortly afterwards.

There were a few minor glitches in Twistie's and Apocalypse Games' gameplay video as well. One was frequent no-balls (I counted around 6 in 4 overs), another was boundary being awarded even though the fielder fielded the ball and in some cases the fielder closest to the ball didn't field the ball etc. I am assuming those bugs would be fixed as part of a Day 0 patch.

Only the two career mode videos (which unfortunately are the longest ones) are from the buggy build, others were from the retail one - which will get a patch at release.

Worth asking again - is the PS3/Xbox 360 release going to now come pre-patched, or would that mean needing to go through platform approvals again?

----------

I think he should also send you thousands of dollars to thank you for your time in doing that.

I am meant to get approvals for all game related stuff that's not in the public domain but I have run the gauntlet until recently, much to the publishers annoyance, but now as we are close to release it's really important that I keep the NDA's that are agreed.

I will release more information as I get approvals to do so.

Bowling & Fielding

I am really passionate to getting this game when it release, and I don't mind it's March release for the xbox 360.

In the meantime, it would be nice though, if you could consider giving a preview for bowling and/or fielding through net practice, similarly to batting.

I hope the game is successful for you, as it has been looking and sounding promising, and I have no complaints to the method to which you have tackled this period of time, with so many complaining about so many different things - exact release date etc.

I feel I can finally find myself playing cricket in a cricket video game.

The last few pages have been enlightening. I understand the gravity of the situation now. Not many people say this, but I really appreciate you coming back and answering as much as you're allowed to :thumbs even after the response and hate you got from the PC users.

I will take a delayed PC release over no PC release any day and will continue to support you all the way along. Once again, thank you for fighting for us.

1. I don't expect folks (PCers as in PlanetCricket members) to buy the game as an act of charity but as a selfish act. Future of cricket gaming is in last chance saloon and if DBC14 fails I don't see console based cricket games for quite a while and the only cricket games you will see would be on mobile devices.

Ditto!

Anyone on the DB thread saying they will wait before they buy this game are talking out their anus

You will be buying it no matter what utter crap you spill about waiting for a review and all that.

Never understood this don't wanna waste ?20-?50 on a game, an average night on the lash costs over ?30, a decent meal out the same, and that is one night.

A game can last years and the value for money can't be matched by anything else I can think of.

There is one reason only to stop me getting this game on ps3 then ps4.??
Death

Very surprised to hear about the 2 month delay...i know that it does happen often with games, but there was absolutely no indication of it happening on this forum so i never expected it...watching others play it while we're still waiting...just cruel...atleast FINALLY we know the month of release...

Now that the dust has settled, I would like to extend my words of gratitude to @BigAntStudios, @trublu and all stakeholders involved, we now know the game is near, well for console that is,,,and as Ross has mentioned of another playsessions to come, also that we will see the game more before it comes out, that'll make the wait a less stressful even for PC users.

I can't wait for the campaign to kickstart and that will make us see, get more screenshots, videos and updates, hope all goes well for DBC14 as this is a bridge between previous bad cricket games and a franchise for DBC, one which see us playing future iterations of this game on consoles and Pc,,,otherwise it'll be all lost to mobiles

All The Best...!!! #DBC14

Last edited:
Career Mode Video

Very surprised to hear about the 2 month delay...i know that it does happen often with games, but there was absolutely no indication of it happening on this forum so i never expected it...watching others play it while we're still waiting...just cruel...atleast FINALLY we know the month of release...

I can think of one game which always has the release date of PC within 6-12 months after the consoles release, and at least with DBC, you know it's being worked on for PC already.

Speaking of seeing others play it, I've been hoping that Big Ants posts numerous videos, but one in particular that highlights the progression of Career Mode, and shows fielding, bowling and batting all carried out manually, to give players a view of all these aspects of the game before we actually have the game released. I'm sure more gameplay footage of seperate aspects will be created, but there has to be a big one in regards to Career Mode, as it is a feature not previously seen in cricket video game titles.

Personally, I enjoy watching gameplay footage sometimes more then actually playing the game.

I hate to say it, But this time release date will annoy me way to much! I just think that I will get bored of the game quickly because seriously, in March the cricket takes the back seat and the AFL season takes priority. I just reckon release it on Consoles in the middle of the South Africa tour when cricket is buzzing around australia (cause lets face it the cricket is never not buzzing in india ahah)

I dont watch the t20 world cups i just find it a waste of time. I think you've missed a trick here. Im pretty sure this is mostly tru blu's fault isnt it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread