Don Bradman Cricket 17 First Impressions Thread

If the patch delivers full and proper statistics tracking, it will make a world of difference.

Let's see what happens.

What do you consider full and proper stats tracking? What are you looking for?
A bit surprising you would ask this question. You've watched and followed cricket all your life, right?

Statistical details like in the Cricinfo website are needed. And that they update correctly for all players as you play matches, like in real life, and they show up on the screen at all the relevant times, like on TV. This mandatory. Making a cricket game without it is an obtuse approach. You don't need to discuss it with Mike Atherton to get his opinion on it. Every cricket player lives and dies by their statistical record.

Does that sound difficult or expensive? It's been done for other statistic-intense games like baseball.

Stats tracking isn't needed it doesn't take away from the gameplay which is fantastic already. First impressions were poor because people can't recognise greatness until after the fact.

A bit surprising you would ask this question. You've watched and followed cricket all your life, right?

Statistical details like in the Cricinfo website are needed. And that they update correctly for all players as you play matches, like in real life, and they show up on the screen at all the relevant times, like on TV. This mandatory. Making a cricket game without it is an obtuse approach. You don't need to discuss it with Mike Atherton to get his opinion on it. Every cricket player lives and dies by their statistical record.

Does that sound difficult or expensive? It's been done for other statistic-intense games like baseball.
Of course I realise what stat tracking is; I am just trying to clarify what you and others mean by this to able to compare it with what is being fixed and made possible in the patch....

Stats tracking isn't needed it doesn't take away from the gameplay which is fantastic already. First impressions were poor because people can't recognise greatness until after the fact.
Stat tracking is needed and not just to prove a point to the ginger one, it just adds another element to the game, another mini game a sports game without stats...? Come on let's be real.

Totally agree with you although I would like a separate page so you can view your players stats in line with the competition. A little like what they took out from DBC 14... How dare they.[DOUBLEPOST=1491858406][/DOUBLEPOST]
Of course I realise what stat tracking is; I am just trying to clarify what you and others mean by this to able to compare it with what is being fixed and made possible in the patch....
Are you having a moment... Dad has these then he remembers my name and who I am. Stats in cricket games of course don't be coy!

I still don't know why you asked the question. If you know what stats tracking is, then who cares what other people mean by it? They either know what stats tracking is, like you and I know, or they're wrong.

And who cares how this compares to "what's being fixed"? They will either put stats tracking in properly, or they will not. If it's not possible to put it in correctly, then don't do it. Incomplete or faulty stats tracking is just going to maintain the flaw, not fix it.

I just struggle with this, as it's an essential component to any sports game really. On Day 1 you say "right let's make a game with good gameplay and full stats", not "let's go with average gameplay and then do logos, stadiums, kits and the ability to offer players oranges and Gatorade and chewy glucose candies at the innings breaks".

It's not supposed to be that hard. I agree with Caz to be honest - you were being a little coy with the question I think, or at least it came off that way.[DOUBLEPOST=1491861066][/DOUBLEPOST]
Are you having a moment... Dad has these then he remembers my name and who I am.
LOL that's quite humorous.

I still don't know why you asked the question. If you know what stats tracking is, then who cares what other people mean by it? They either know what stats tracking is, like you and I know, or they're wrong.

And who cares how this compares to "what's being fixed"? They will either put stats tracking in properly, or they will not. If it's not possible to put it in correctly, then don't do it. Incomplete or faulty stats tracking is just going to maintain the flaw, not fix it.

I just struggle with this, as it's an essential component to any sports game really. On Day 1 you say "right let's make a game with good gameplay and full stats", not "let's go with average gameplay and then do logos, stadiums, kits and the ability to offer players oranges and Gatorade and chewy glucose candies at the innings breaks".

It's not supposed to be that hard. I agree with Caz to be honest - you were being a little coy with the question I think, or at least it came off that way.
Be afraid, very afraid I was ignored by the foul mouthed ginger one for even questioning the omission of stats from the game.

LOL that's quite humorous.[/QUOTE]
You want to be there when he calls me by my brothers name... Can be odd in a packed pub but like scatty sap, I answer him!

Question is would you buy MLB the show with no stats? Nope, Stat tracking in bat and ball games is essential and, most other sports games American football, Basketball... I rest my case.

However, Wisden wouldn't be around if it wasn't for cricket stats.

Last edited by a moderator:

At bare minimum I expect stats to be on the same lines as DBC14, i.e., ability to view stats for your career player across multiple formats separately (T20 Domestic, List A, FC, T20I, Odis and Tests). For a batsman I would expect Matches Played, Innings Batted, Not Outs, 50s, 100, HS Score, Average, Strike Rate, No. of 4s, No. of 6s to be tracked at minimum.

The reason I don't play career mode in DBC 17 is that I don't get any satisfaction coz the stats are not tracked and are incorrect. I spent hours poring over my stats in DBC 14. I set targets for myself how much I had to score every series to get the average up to say 48. These stats not being there means there's no point for me to play career mode. I've reverted to playing DBC 14 for my cricket fix so I can see my career player's stats and see how I've improved or regressed over the season.

It's not supposed to be that hard. I agree with Caz to be honest - you were being a little coy with the question I think, or at least it came off that way.[DOUBLEPOST=1491861066][/DOUBLEPOST]

I legit think that he was just trying to help. We know that there is a fix coming for the stat issues in this game. From my perspective, it seems like Dutch just wanted to make sure that there may not be anyy particular aspects of stat tracking that has not been recognised by the guys at BA.

Whilst I agree that the stats are important to a cricket game, remember that most of the guys may be game developers alot more than cricket fanatics like some of us. So some of the features that seem second nature to us, may not have been given the full 100% attention.

Which is where this forum comes in.

We've made the issues known, and they will work on it

I legit think that he was just trying to help. We know that there is a fix coming for the stat issues in this game. From my perspective, it seems like Dutch just wanted to make sure that there may not be anyy particular aspects of stat tracking that has not been recognised by the guys at BA.

Whilst I agree that the stats are important to a cricket game, remember that most of the guys may be game developers alot more than cricket fanatics like some of us. So some of the features that seem second nature to us, may not have been given the full 100% attention.

Which is where this forum comes in.

We've made the issues known, and they will work on it
Well all the right stats were available in DBC 14 I can't really understand how they got removed for DBC 17

I really like this game but I stop playing because stats are broken , calculate incorrectly and do not track at international level in career mode.
That has got to be one of the next fixes , surely ........

I give up sometimes I really do. The question I asked was a valid one and one meant to be helpful. As part of a beta team giving feedback and checking things I wanted to hear from you and compare that to what has been fixed and whether it has been covered. Thankfully others have given some useful feedback that I can take up.

Users who are viewing this thread