Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

I would prefer balls struck in the body to be just acknowledged by commentator (unrepetitive hopefully) and the batsman to act appropriate to the place hit.

Injuries are part of real cricket if ball hit head or teo genuinely. I belive Toe crush yorkers or lethal head struck bouncers must be in fast bowler special delivery options . If thats in the game its perfect complete game .

Also is customization in celebrations, pitch creation with real impact and home/away crowd noise effects confirmed anywhere so far?

Injuries should be there; but they need to be something caused by an in-game event - like being hit while batting or missing a catch while fielding and doing something to your fingers - perhaps also a bowler could be at a real risk of injuries if they're asked to bowl too much during a game. Random injuries would be bad for the game experience though and shouldn't be there

Agreed, also It must be given as optional in game settings measured via stamina or health meter, some ppl like injuries and retired hurt and some not. Like time u cant get out the set batsmen in test then experienced bowlers try bouncer or Yorkers one instance was mcgrath vs brian lara hostorical test match encounter in WI.

I think random injuries in training need to be a part of career mode, and injuries sustained in matches (if this is included) potentially keeping the player out of action for a while - this will help with the lineups getting rotated, changes in the batting order and could provide chances to break into the international side etc.

Randomly being told during a match though that a player is injured for what looks like no particular reason could be annoying. On that note, how do you deal with in-game events causing injuries if for example you simulate through until your turn to bowl? Would it be better to just not have fielding injuries happen in that case? I'm not sure either way.

I THINK I read something about injuries in the career mode that can hamper your progression. I THINK.

As far as on field bruises, deaths, mutilations, fatalities, along side streaking & stripping etc... are concerned, I think they are not there, at least not in the 2016-2017 iteration. May be Ross would weigh in on these serious issues.

Why would anyone need all of this? How interesting will it be to get hit on the head and all of a sudden a popup appears saying "your career is over" or "you're dead" (like all this shooting titles). I mean some people seriously having a problem of understanding the direction BA wants to take the cricket gaming. The most realistic gameplay... the most obvious squad updates (changes) as career progresses, international, domestic call ups based on form etc; are the obvious aspects they should look into, which they actually are doing. DO you really love to miss playing some important match(es) or Series because of some stupid popup says "you're injured" and "will heal in 2 months".. I mean seriously?

Please understand, All aspects of a commercial FIFA game shouldn't be the bare essentials for the best Cricket game of the decade! in my opinion; BA is doing everything perfectly right this time!

I would be happy to have injuries like broken fingers/hands etc if you were to be struck batting/fielding, but I would be a bit annoyed if my player ruptured his ACL while I was simming. You would assume the player would be wearing all the right protective equipment so major injuries should be avoidable.
Maybe if the equipment is available in game but you don't use it (no helmet, box, chest protection etc) then the lay off may be slightly longer (maybe to punish the user for his carelessness or if they're deliberately getting hurt), but I would prefer it to be rare and game specific (things you see while playing)

I agree with you all...what i wanted to say is the batsmen should at least give reaction when ball with 150km hits his head or wherever...he should just fall down after that smack or show the pain...need not die or have broken legs or fingers...thats what cricket is about...when bowler is pumped up he bowls bouncers like mitchell johnson to show his aggression...i liked these stuff in Ashes2009 PC...but DBC gameplay far far better and no where comparable to ashes but missing this one aspect...so just i put my thoughts...thank you

I agree with you all...what i wanted to say is the batsmen should at least give reaction when ball with 150km hits his head or wherever...he should just fall down after that smack or show the pain...need not die or have broken legs or fingers...thats what cricket is about...when bowler is pumped up he bowls bouncers like mitchell johnson to show his aggression...i liked these stuff in Ashes2009 PC...but DBC gameplay far far better and no where comparable to ashes but missing this one aspect...so just i put my thoughts...thank you

It was already in the features list for DBC14 but got pulled down due to some issues, if my memory is right. So I'm pretty sure DBC17 will have them incorporated.

It was already in the features list for DBC14 but got pulled down due to some issues, if my memory is right. So I'm pretty sure DBC17 will have them incorporated.

Hopefully the team includes this time...just an idea...injuries can be turned on or off in game and it should be mandatory for Veteran and legend modes.

Cr_QCina_UAAAEBKm.jpg

THIS cant be real surely?

apparently it is in there, but the way it is implemented nobody has ever managed ever to trigger it.

we certainly don't need bruises, mutilation or worse, and even injury should be rare (from being struck by the ball) but there has to be a reasonable reaction to being hit by a ball, by this i mean a pain/flinch/fall animation, and a dent in confidence depending on the speed of the ball. ideally you'd have the batsmen (depending on ability and here it is really a pity they don't have a temperament/mentality attribute) maybe less eager to come forward for a ball or two but this is probably unlikely.

as mentioned above, i think the equipment worn or not worn should also have an impact, so a blow to the head with no helmet is more likely to end your innings than one with a helmet. it would add a lot of depth to the older generational teams - make facing the 70's/80s west indies a lot more interesting that's for sure :). additionally later models of gloves and helmets would provide better protection than earlier ones.

equally bowler fatigue should play a part too, especially across seasons / series / tours. if you bowl a bowler into the ground that should produce a reaction. it adds to the captaincy / management element of the game.

apparently it is in there, but the way it is implemented nobody has ever managed ever to trigger it.

we certainly don't need bruises, mutilation or worse, and even injury should be rare (from being struck by the ball) but there has to be a reasonable reaction to being hit by a ball, by this i mean a pain/flinch/fall animation, and a dent in confidence depending on the speed of the ball. ideally you'd have the batsmen (depending on ability and here it is really a pity they don't have a temperament/mentality attribute) maybe less eager to come forward for a ball or two but this is probably unlikely.
This is the way to go for sure..Confidence taking dent is a must , maybe make that over of that particular bowler's next over pacy deliveries so that the "Struggle" after being hit is visible..Not coming on front foot is great as even if we assign front foot the body should be ready for backfoot shots kind position..

One main thing is AI must bowl the lengths more often when he sees the struggle..So it becomes a small competition within the game between them..Commentary telling this would also add more spark to this..

Users who are viewing this thread