Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

I actually quite enjoy No Man's Lie :)

I love it. It's a totally new experience and I'm really digging it. It does rather count on you forgetting what you think games are supposed to be though...

I love it. It's a totally new experience and I'm really digging it. It does rather count on you forgetting what you think games are supposed to be though...
Never played No Man's Sky (didn't get caught up in the hype) but another couple of games I just got into which are quite different to most titles out there these days are Grow Home and it's recently released sequel Grow Up. Lovely games to just chill out to, get lost in and explore at your own pace with the ambient soundtrack.

How you described NMS is similar to what I'd say about Grow Home/Up, maybe you should check them out :).

If my memory serves me correctly the EA cricket games on the PS2 had the batsman falling over when struck in the head by a ball, I would love to see that. It is a little silly when you can get hit in the head at 150 km and just take it like a boss.

And Richie would go "I will be surprised if I see him again in this innings." or the classic "That has ruffled his feathers."

Off topic so apologies but my laptop is giving me the hard drive 3f0 error code in start up. Does this mean I'll lose all the team (30) and players (608) logos kids etc of I have to replace the hard drive? I hadn't shared anything to server yet either.

Off topic so apologies but my laptop is giving me the hard drive 3f0 error code in start up. Does this mean I'll lose all the team (30) and players (608) logos kids etc of I have to replace the hard drive? I hadn't shared anything to server yet either.

Most likely unless someone can recover it for you.

Not aware of that error. Can you get into the pc after that error or its a screen of death type thing?

It might also be due to damaged or bad cables inside your lappy. You can try connecting this hard drive to other pc or laptop like external drive and see whether you can read the hard drive. Also see whether you can go to bios after removing the hard drive to narrow down that hard drive is your culprit. If your hard disk gets detected in other machine, you would have to seek help of your manufacturer or service center.

I am no technical expert in this but it happened to my office laptop once and I was able to attach HD to other laptop and got my old one replaced through my company i.e. without loss of data.

Last edited:

what os are you using microsoft has taken it upon themelves to screw up as many hdd as possible with their forced update of recent with win 10, but the hdd would work fine in other os like 8.1 or linux!
purely in terms of hdd recovery software, easus works fine, though you the success rate varies with files, i usually find it able to recover text and pics!

It wouldnt reboot properly so i thought maybe somthing had come loose inside so I opened up the laptop and disconnected a few ribbon strips (one for the keyboard and a little thin one). Found the hard drive. Took it out and re-inserted it. Put it all back together and voila!!

It's now not working at all!!!

If you just forget that there is a goal and you just explore its fantastic, especially with a number of mods. I am sure it will develop further...

The problem is that about 80% of the game wasn't delivered. That's fine that you love it but when 90% of the PC player base drops off after 2 weeks, it's telling and when the game is one of the best sellers before its release it's also telling.

The problem is that about 80% of the game wasn't delivered. That's fine that you love it but when 90% of the PC player base drops off after 2 weeks, it's telling and when the game is one of the best sellers before its release it's also telling.

Those are all issues around how games are marketed, rather than with the game itself. If you approach the game with a critical eye and take no expectation in with you (as you should every game, film, book etc etc) it's a very different story.

Those are all issues around how games are marketed, rather than with the game itself. If you approach the game with a critical eye and take no expectation in with you (as you should every game, film, book etc etc) it's a very different story.
This is getting way off topic but the game in hand goes beyond pure marketing these are things that the developer himself lied about. I'm not really sure how you can defend the game at this point. If you like it then that's okay but the game was a lie.

This is getting way off topic but the game in hand goes beyond pure marketing these are things that the developer himself lied about. I'm not really sure how you can defend the game at this point. If you like it then that's okay but the game was a lie.

No - I think this is actually a relevant topic, as I'm about to bring it back around to Big Ant's handling of the community here, and the fact that their refusal to over-promise has been very effective in realising customer expectation.

As far as NMS goes, they actually said very little about the game: I think people created a lot of the expectation themselves because of what they wanted the game to be rather than what it is. Also, let's not forget that pretty much all games these days are starting points, with lots of features and fixes added at a later date. As usual the internet is blowing things way out of proportion there. The Hello Games guys are lovely and to think that Sean's expectations of what the game was going to be were "lies" is ridiculous to me: at worst they were things that didn't pan out (or have yet to be added).

No - I think this is actually a relevant topic, as I'm about to bring it back around to Big Ant's handling of the community here, and the fact that their refusal to over-promise has been very effective in realising customer expectation.

As far as NMS goes, they actually said very little about the game: I think people created a lot of the expectation themselves because of what they wanted the game to be rather than what it is. Also, let's not forget that pretty much all games these days are starting points, with lots of features and fixes added at a later date. As usual the internet is blowing things way out of proportion there. The Hello Games guys are lovely and to think that Sean's expectations of what the game was going to be were "lies" is ridiculous to me: at worst they were things that didn't pan out (or have yet to be added).
Agreed. It is mostly the community that has had a picture of the game in their mind. However the communication between what has been shown at previews and what is in the game itself at the moment has not been handled well. There is a definite hole between what was shown and what is in the final version. I see it as a platform that can be built on further and there are a lot of mods that enhance the experience. Thus a very relevant topic as this is what BA is doing: build a solid platform and develop that further. They have said that they are in for the longhaul. Imagine what Don Bradman Cricket version 5 will be like!!! Or NMS II

Users who are viewing this thread