Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Those are all issues around how games are marketed, rather than with the game itself. If you approach the game with a critical eye and take no expectation in with you (as you should every game, film, book etc etc) it's a very different story.

It was not about marketing... it was all about how Sean Murray lied about nearly every aspect of the game. To put it in perspective it would've been akin to Ross coming here and saying DBC 14 had individual batting/bowling animations for every player, licensing deals with almost every cricketing board, comprehensive and in depth stats etc. Sean Murray did the same with his claims about multiplayer, different types/classes of ships handling differently, procedural physics for every planet, hinting at a grand reveal at the centre of universe and much much more. In nutshell Sean Murray & Hello Games were more Mike Fegan & Trickstar than Ross & Big Ant Studios.

I've met very few devs that lie about their expectations of what their game will be, sure, the games don't always turn out the way they want* but that is generally never down to the devs intent.

DBC17 has racked up triple the development hours expected on some of the elements of the game, these blow-outs always occur, it is not uncommon for me to go about the office telling guys that this or that cannot be dumbed down or dropped as I've promised it to the community - "so don't make me look like a dick" - the community is a powerful motivator.

PS: Just got NMS today, yet to play it, my expectations certainly have been recalibrated by discussions online.

*Games never turn out as well as the dev wants, never, there's always something we know we could have done better.

It's also hard to know how much "publisher" influence there was from Sony, who at various points in the games development said that they were very closely involved with all decisions, and at other times not so.
This "Indie" narrative that Sean was the one person in control and the chief spokesperson makes the "lies" a bit more offensive, but I cannot believe that he had 100% control. If Hello really had their hands totally on the steering wheel, they managed to pull off PR coups a million times beyond that of many AAA Publishers...

It's also hard to know how much "publisher" influence there was from Sony, who at various points in the games development said that they were very closely involved with all decisions, and at other times not so.
This "Indie" narrative that Sean was the one person in control and the chief spokesperson makes the "lies" a bit more offensive, but I cannot believe that he had 100% control. If Hello really had their hands totally on the steering wheel, they managed to pull off PR coups a million times beyond that of many AAA Publishers...
That's is what I have been thinking and hearing: maybe it wasn't such a great thing to get in with Sony. yes you have the publishing push but as a small unit you get very quickly told what can and cannot be in the game and especially when it needs to be finished.

Budget, time, publisher, market and even platform pressure can make "liars" of us all.

Just to keep on topic.....

20160828131701_1.jpg
20160903132544_1.jpg
20160903134304_1.jpg

Has anyone heard whether batting and bowling difficulty levels will be separated? Could be helpful for those who find one aspect of the game easier or harder than the other.

Hey guys, I have made a lot of teams, 10 in fact in Don Bradman Cricket 14 for xbox 360 I am wondering can I somehow import them into Don Bradman Cricket 17 Xbox One somehow?

It took me 2 weeks to make them so it would save me a lot of time.

Also if anyone knows how many stadiums can be created using the new stadium editor. so happy my suggestion 3 years ago has been inserted, it means a lot to me and I appreciate it, even if their is a limit I can work around it.

Finally if I want to make a CUP, a World Cup for example, can we select the venues matches are played for it now and not just the home teams home ground?

Hey guys, I have made a lot of teams, 10 in fact in Don Bradman Cricket 14 for xbox 360 I am wondering can I somehow import them into Don Bradman Cricket 17 Xbox One somehow?

It took me 2 weeks to make them so it would save me a lot of time.

Also if anyone knows how many stadiums can be created using the new stadium editor. so happy my suggestion 3 years ago has been inserted, it means a lot to me and I appreciate it, even if their is a limit I can work around it.

Finally if I want to make a CUP, a World Cup for example, can we select the venues matches are played for it now and not just the home teams home ground?
Yes, you will be able to transfer players over from DBC14 but it's not enabled just yet. They can be found in the Academy but you get the following message when trying to download them;

H9au4q5.jpg

Yes, you will be able to transfer players over from DBC14 but it's not enabled just yet. They can be found in the Academy but you get the following message when trying to download them;

H9au4q5.jpg

Thanks for quick response to my question, I am thrilled it will be added, I was just wondering does it matter they are on my xbox360? will i have to upload them to the server in that game, and then download them in the new game using this option, is that the method yea?

Thanks for quick response to my question, I am thrilled it will be added, I was just wondering does it matter they are on my xbox360? will i have to upload them to the server in that game, and then download them in the new game using this option, is that the method yea?
As far as I know, yes that's how it will be done - upload your players/teams to the server from DBC14 on your 360, then search for them and download from DBC17 on PC/PS4/XB1 :).

As far as I know, yes that's how it will be done - upload your players/teams to the server from DBC14 on your 360, then search for them and download from DBC17 on PC/PS4/XB1 :).

Thanks for info, is stadium creator in edit mode too, i seen a video with a screenshot were it said BUDGET and that made me think it maybe was in career mode?

Hey Madmen have you heard any other features that might be in the game? Like what teams are licensed etc?

Thanks for info, is stadium creator in edit mode too, i seen a video with a screenshot were it said BUDGET and that made me think it maybe was in career mode?

Hey Madmen have you heard any other features that might be in the game? Like what teams are licensed etc?
We don't know much about the stadium creator yet or what that budget part means. More will be revealed over the coming weeks I guess :).

This article has most of the info we know about confirmed features;
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/08/19/brand-new-features-revealed-for-don-bradman-cricket-17

About licenses, it'll be similar to DBC14, so there will be few licenses (only Russia were licensed last time I think?) but with tools to edit everything and share it amongst ourselves, which is now expanded with the logo creator so that kits/bats/adboards and much more can be created and downloaded as well as the players and teams like in 14.

Users who are viewing this thread