Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

I pre ordered db14 from GAME and will do that again as soon as possible. I was very impressed with the look of the steelbook, which I unfortunately didn't get despite the pre order. I hope BA have something similar in mind for DB17.

I was also ready to pre-order DBC14 but got neglected due to my region (US) which had a different release date & I ended up still getting in first few days from Dubai to US through expensive ways.

Hope, it's released in all platforms on same day in all regions at least through online retailers. If PC is going to have delays, I really hope it is also available on xbox/psn stores first week. I am ready to pre-order DBC17 regardless of number of new/modified features in it.

I was also ready to pre-order DBC14 but got neglected due to my region (US) which had a different release date & I ended up still getting in first few days from Dubai to US through expensive ways.

Hope, it's released in all platforms on same day in all regions at least through online retailers. If PC is going to have delays, I really hope it is also available on xbox/psn stores first week. I am ready to pre-order DBC17 regardless of number of new/modified features in it.

Let's face it most of the folks on this forum will purchase DBC 17 in a heart-beat. If we can spend hours talking and discussing about the video game on a forum, wouldn't we buy it as soon as it's practically possible?

Was wondering if we'll able to mix up deliveries like Leg Break and Top Spin to create Legspin-Topspin ?

Whilst this is not unheard of, the question is not simply one of price. If it was, for most games, you could wait 5 to 10 years and pick them up for small change. Waiting for a possible GOTY edition might work in some cases but it comes with the fact that you have to wait whilst everyone else is enjoying the game (or cursing the developers...there doesn't seem to be any middleground on Steam forums). Witcher 3 just went GOTY which is fine if you were mildly interested in it and were waiting it out. But for the fans of the Witcher series, the wait is not worth the discounted bunding...I doubt any fans will be buying GOTY. I, for one, will want to play DBC17 the moment it is released...I still remember when DBC14 was released on console first, not enjoying the wait until the PC version appeared...perhaps I'm just too impatient. The point is that pre-orders are really focused on increasing the numbers of people who want to be playing on day one...rather than those who will be prepared to wait it out for a cheaper price. If pre-orders help BA in any way, I'm up for pre-ordering DBC17...I agree, however, with the sentiment that pre-ordering, for many other games, has not worked out too well for those who took the plunge. I tend to wait until release unless my confidence in the product is very high.
That's true, there's no point forcing yourself through an agonising wait to save a few quid if you're a fanatic of a particular game or series - very few games really grab my attention in that way lately though. I noticed TW3 having such an edition and it is appealing, but I feel I should probably play through TW2 first (which I have in my Steam library but never got stuck into).

There are a few standout excellent AAA games worth every penny and worth supporting the developers on... However, others are low effort cash grabs where I resent rewarding them with a day 1 purchase. Take a game like Saint's Row IV as an example, they didn't even make a new map, it's little more than a DLC for the previous version (think that was the initial plan) yet it released as a full price game with loads of it's own DLC (current value of just the DLC totals over £50 on Steam). I picked up the whole thing with all DLC for about a fiver a few weeks ago and that's all it's worth IMO. It's a bit of silly fun and entertaining enough for a few hours, but I would feel ripped off if I paid full price pre-ordering the base game.

So many AAA games are similar to this for me, and it's not even just the money and content that's worth waiting for - often the games release unoptimised with game breaking bugs where it can take months of patches to resemble a finished product.

Let's face it most of the folks on this forum will purchase DBC 17 in a heart-beat. If we can spend hours talking and discussing about the video game on a forum, wouldn't we buy it as soon as it's practically possible?
Yep, there's maybe 25-30 people posting here regularly and we'll surely buy DBC17 immediately. Let's hope that the game does well in reaching the audience that doesn't follow it in the same way that we do :).

I pre ordered db14 from GAME and will do that again as soon as possible. I was very impressed with the look of the steelbook, which I unfortunately didn't get despite the pre order. I hope BA have something similar in mind for DB17.

Did we chat about this at the time? Where are you based?

Aye I bought through importCDs who were messing me around with releasing the shipping and iirc Ross/TruBlu pushed them to get it shipped. Hopefully its smoother this time, or we can get it electronic. Always my preference tbh

Either way I shall own it. I bought the last one twice due a console change!

Did we chat about this at the time? Where are you based?

Bedfordshire. UK.

Yes I recall we swapped a couple of messages. Can't remember exactly what the outcome was. I think you did look into it though. Could there be a steelbook for DB17?

To be honest I've been spending probably 5/6 hours a day on the BETA since it's release. Already hooked enough that since my laptop is being fixed I'm genuinely having withdrawal symptoms!
I played DB14 this evening, thoroughly enjoying it. Almost feeling the beta improvements, and thinking if DB17 will be very enjoyable indeed.

Bedfordshire. UK.

Yes I recall we swapped a couple of messages. Can't remember exactly what the outcome was. I think you did look into it though. Could there be a steelbook for DB17?

Sounds like the outcome was you didn't get your Steel Book - I have a vague recollection of dealing with the publisher on it and it was meant to happen - PM and I'll make it right.

Aye I bought through importCDs who were messing me around with releasing the shipping and iirc Ross/TruBlu pushed them to get it shipped. Hopefully its smoother this time, or we can get it electronic. Always my preference tbh

Either way I shall own it. I bought the last one twice due a console change!

Same here. Bought the PS3 and PS4 versions along with TTC (Table Top Cricket) on PS3. And looking at things will buy PS4 versions of DBC 17 and the upcoming Tennis game Big Ant is working on :)

Will the user created content like faces, uniforms, equipment and stadiums sharable from PC to PS4 and Xbox one consoles?

Hi guys:wave. Long time no chat. I have no clue where to ask this, but here goes... I have forgotten my DBC Community password and I no longer have access to the email address I used to create my account. So what can I do about this? Don't really want to create a new profile, because I'll have to get a new username and all of that. If I can't do anything about it, can I at least delete that account so I can use my username again? :facepalm

Hi guys:wave. Long time no chat. I have no clue where to ask this, but here goes... I have forgotten my DBC Community password and I no longer have access to the email address I used to create my account. So what can I do about this? Don't really want to create a new profile, because I'll have to get a new username and all of that. If I can't do anything about it, can I at least delete that account so I can use my username again? :facepalm
You got to make this query with Steam Support.

Users who are viewing this thread