Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

One thing I would like to see fixed in DBC 17 is:

Please don't make tail enders as good as openers. In DBC 14 even the 11th guy can play as good the opener. If you play a little carefully you can score centuries with them. Which I find kind of ridiculous. I noticed this in career mode too. Say you simulate a match quite often you will see 9th or 10th batsman scoring 100s. That's kind of opposite for a cricket game going for realistic almost sim level experience.

@SnowyCasanova hi can u plz check if match making in ODI worldcup @dbc14 round2 or pre semi final round has fixed in dbc17 as in dbc14 round 2 matches are like a1vsa2, a3vsa4 i.e. of same group and vice versa for other group which is not correct as it would be like a1vsb4, a2vsb3, a3vsb2, a4vsb1 and in semis 1vs4, 2vs3

Or in dbc17, round2 of odiwc has changed to current format

This time its not about grass :)

Can you please

A) not use text speak and use full words instead
B) not unnecessarily tag me in questions which can clearly only be answered by people who have the full game (ie Big Ant Staff)

in that case, can someone (anyone) please confirm if my request (pasted from above) is an issue with DB17 or not? ie

"I'll bring it up one more time...Please @Ross, please please please....in the final release, pls STOP the batsmans head from moving before the ball is bowled. It is annoying. This is how it is represented in the demo (not in DB14) and I'm crossing my fingers it is fixed in the final version on release. Please keep the batsmans head STILL during the runup. If this has been addressed, I'll happily shut my trap."

all you need to do is, launch a career game, go into bat using pro mode (ie. first person view) and when the bowler is about to bowl just confirm that the camera does NOT move. Thanks in advance.

in that case, can someone (anyone) please confirm if my request (pasted from above) is an issue with DB17 or not? ie

"I'll bring it up one more time...Please @Ross, please please please....in the final release, pls STOP the batsmans head from moving before the ball is bowled. It is annoying. This is how it is represented in the demo (not in DB14) and I'm crossing my fingers it is fixed in the final version on release. Please keep the batsmans head STILL during the runup. If this has been addressed, I'll happily shut my trap."

all you need to do is, launch a career game, go into bat using pro mode (ie. first person view) and when the bowler is about to bowl just confirm that the camera does NOT move. Thanks in advance.

This I have too Noticed in pro mode ... Thanks for raising the issue

Please don't make tail enders as good as openers. In DBC 14 even the 11th guy can play as good the opener. If you play a little carefully you can score centuries with them. Which I find kind of ridiculous. I noticed this in career mode too. Say you simulate a match quite often you will see 9th or 10th batsman scoring 100s. That's kind of opposite for a cricket game going for realistic almost sim level experience.

ea did great job with this ...

I don't think it had anything to do with a bug where the tailenders would constantly rescue the team, but when bowling at the AI the academy sliders had very little impact, all of them. And the mentality changed nothing as far as I am concerned. So you were bowling at 11 very similar players (except for which hand they bat with) It's the only thing I want sorted for DBC17. I proved this with my Bermuda v Australia and Russia v Australia games where I bowled as both sides and the scores were pretty much equal. It's quite an extraordinary thing not to include when you look at how incredibly detailed and well thought out everything else is.

Game play Modifier , I can't Find restore defaults all settings at a time , Only you have to do restore default one by one setting ,

Can you please

A) not use text speak and use full words instead
B) not unnecessarily tag me in questions which can clearly only be answered by people who have the full game (ie Big Ant Staff)

Reason behind as you are very regular in commenting my posts so thats why i tagged you incase you forget to comment .

Also this time its not about grass :)

Reason behind as you are very regular in commenting my posts so thats why i tagged you incase you forget to comment .

Also this time its not about grass :)
The thing is that people are to find out very quickly that this is not the Cricket 07 forum where this kind of thing is considered part of the way to do things. The DBC forum is a much different kettle of fish and there is a different way of doing things: rightly or wrongly, it is a fact.....

The thing is there is a well known story where A ask something B and B reply to A. After sometime A again clearing back to B but suddenly C comes in which has nothing to do with A nor B.
Moral of the story: in general forums if you dont like anyones posts irrespective to your concerns then you must have quality to respect others views as its general public forum not your owned one. Also its not neccessary to keep commenting where its not required.

I dont need atleast your support so Thanks for your such help :)

Users who are viewing this thread