Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

@MattW Views on how the co-op will be this time around? Option to skip innings, maybe a button indication on how many runs while running between wickets etc..

@MattW will ther be a player reaction to being hit by the bowler something small but important to me. And thank you for making the best cricket game ever it's awesome .

@MattW will ther be a player reaction to being hit by the bowler something small but important to me. And thank you for making the best cricket game ever it's awesome .
It is visible in the academy too..

Hi,

I posted a few suggestions but haven't had a reply from anyone at Big Ant.

Square boundary rope.
Umpire skill level and willingness to give LBW.

Thanks very much.

Hi,

I posted a few suggestions but haven't had a reply from anyone at Big Ant.

Square boundary rope.
Umpire skill level and willingness to give LBW.

Thanks very much.

I'd love this - how reliable the umpire is, whether he's an outer/not-outer, would add a great level of detail and interest. As someone who plays mostly retro (way before neutral umpires) even home-side/national bias would be the cherry on top for me - complete with michael holding-style stump kicking, or gatting/shakoor rana tear-ups.

@BigAntStudios I feel if DBC17 could have a tv advert here in the UK that would go a long way to helping sales of the game. I know so many people who have been put off by some past cricket games and still only remember the old brian lara on ps1... I tried to convince friends that DBC is the best cricket game ever but they don't really believe a game can be as good as i tell them DBC14 is... i am guessing the cost of a tv ad is far too much but i just feel so many more people would see it on tv and be shocked that
1. There is a new cricket game out at xmas
2. It looks amazing
And ultimately sales should rocket up.

if i was BA / trublu (whoever is in charge of marketing) i would give @SibiNaayagam some footage and let him cut together a trailer video like some of the ones he made of some of his games with the @francobaldo1 mod.

you can all imagine a click-bait viral type article on the lines of "this developer let a fan make a trailer - what he came up with will blow your mind..."

if i was BA / trublu (whoever is in charge of marketing) i would give @SibiNaayagam some footage and let him cut together a trailer video like some of the ones he made of some of his games with the @francobaldo1 mod.

you can all imagine a click-bait viral type article on the lines of "this developer let a fan make a trailer - what he came up with will blow your mind..."
:lol

Yeah that would be awesome..Actually Franco's mod should be added as a feature to the game in the back of the cover..:D

@BigAntStudios I feel if DBC17 could have a tv advert here in the UK that would go a long way to helping sales of the game. I know so many people who have been put off by some past cricket games and still only remember the old brian lara on ps1... I tried to convince friends that DBC is the best cricket game ever but they don't really believe a game can be as good as i tell them DBC14 is... i am guessing the cost of a tv ad is far too much but i just feel so many more people would see it on tv and be shocked that
1. There is a new cricket game out at xmas
2. It looks amazing
And ultimately sales should rocket up.

Obviously it varies wildly but there's actually quite a good website that gives rough costs of TV adverts: TV Advertising Costs | Guerillascope

BUT, bear in mind that usually you wouldn't be able to book one-offs. They are usually booked through an agency who will buy packets of slots for you... But even on not-very-good stations, you're looking at a minimum cost in the tens of thousands... There's no way that a cricket game would support that kind of spend: you'd have to be selling hundreds of thousands of units.

A smarter way to do it is to try and find a PR angle - get it into the broadcasts themselves (get players to play it? Use it to predict match outcomes?) or even sponsor the actual program (tough to find a good fit for this that isn't just "live cricket" though).

We will be on TV this summer.... a lot.... but not for what you think ;)

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread