Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Is there any post regarding the price of the game once it comes to steam, I have seen that the price seems to be about 100 AUD (Around 580 HKD my local currency) on the consoles. It would be great help if I could get an estimate, as I need to start putting my savings into steam wallet!

People just need to wait until they have the game on their console/PC before crying about grass/graphics. Even now with the compressed YouTube videos you can still tell there's an improvement. Yes it looks less 'cartoony/rich colours' than dbc14 and more realistic with better use of colours. I'm guessing that's why people seem to be confused on the graphics as it looks different and they were used to dbc14. Also without the likness of players yet. Once you've played dbc17 for many months then look back on dbc14 you'll see the difference and appreciate what BA have crated.

(By cartoony was not meant in a bad way) :) <3

Can't we just move on from this moaning every day i come on and all i see is people moaning about how bad the graphics/grass is... I understand people will just moan about anything and it's the only real thing they can moan about atm as they haven't played it yet. Just goes to show how far cricket gaming with BA's games has come (stadium creator/bat manager/career mode) that this is what they pick out to moan about.

Anyway I'm very excited for the 22nd and enjoying the build up with the mobile game atm.

One quick question tho about 'get best' for this game on day 1 will the get best include the creations from people here automatically or will we have to find them ourselfs? I was wondering as the creations here are fantastic and i guess that would help out new people to the game to get daunted by the academy or not fully understand it. (I had a few friends who got dbc14 and they couldn't understand that you could download the best stuff if you look through academy, as they just took what was on the disk/get best option)

Sorry for long post. :) Hope everyone is having a good day

Last edited:
People just need to wait until they have the game on their console/PC before crying about grass/graphics. Even now with the compressed YouTube videos you can still tell there's an improvement. Yes it looks less 'cartoony/rich colours' than dbc14 and more realistic with better use of colours. I'm guessing that's why people seem to be confused on the graphics as it looks different and they were used to dbc14. Also without the likness of players yet. Once you've played dbc17 for many months then look back on dbc14 you'll see the difference and appreciate what BA have crated.

(By cartoony was not meant in a bad way) :) <3

Can't we just move on from this moaning every day i come on and all i see is people moaning about how bad the graphics/grass is... I understand people will just moan about anything and it's the only real thing they can moan about atm as they haven't played it yet. Just goes to show how far cricket gaming with BA's games has come (stadium creator/bat manager/career mode) that this is what they pick out to moan about.

Anyway I'm very excited for the 22nd and enjoying the build up with the mobile game atm.

One quick question tho about 'get best' for this game on day 1 will the get best include the creations from people here automatically or will we have to find them ourselfs? I was wondering as the creations here are fantastic and i guess that would help out new people to the game to get daunted by the academy or not fully understand it. (I had a few friends who got dbc14 and they couldn't understand that you could download the best stuff if you look through academy, as they just took what was on the disk/get best option)

Sorry for long post. :) Hope everyone is having a good day

DBC17 graphic is definitely better than DBC14 but if you see CPL16 graphic DBC17 doesnt look similar keeping in mind that CPL16 was out this year and is possibly made by same engine of DBC17.

DBC17 graphic is definitely better than DBC14 but if you see CPL16 graphic DBC17 doesnt look similar keeping in mind that CPL16 was out this year and is possibly made by same engine of DBC17.
What's CPL16?

Hi all, cannot begin to say how excited I am for this game. Got to the point where I had to talk myself out of buying a new windows laptop (I have an old Mac) just to have a muck around in the academy!

The career mode option look so much more in depth than DBC14 and I can already hear my girlfriend complaining about how much time I'm gonna spend playing "that bloody crickey game". Apologies if it's already been asked before, but from Twisties videos on YouTube it looks like the club level games are T20s. Will there be an option for alternative formats like one day (or two day)? Is that sort of thing customisable through the academy?

Loving all the community sharing, thanks to everyone involved in the game!

Hi all, cannot begin to say how excited I am for this game. Got to the point where I had to talk myself out of buying a new windows laptop (I have an old Mac) just to have a muck around in the academy!

The career mode option look so much more in depth than DBC14 and I can already hear my girlfriend complaining about how much time I'm gonna spend playing "that bloody crickey game". Apologies if it's already been asked before, but from Twisties videos on YouTube it looks like the club level games are T20s. Will there be an option for alternative formats like one day (or two day)? Is that sort of thing customisable through the academy?

Loving all the community sharing, thanks to everyone involved in the game!

As far as I can tell from the forum -- clubs will remain T20 with no options to change formats.. from what I can gather as well I am going to assume that only club logo's can be created and playing kit will remain white, which makes sense in that 1) can you imagine how many clubs there are to created custom stuff for!? 2) I played cricket and cannot remember any clubs playing in anything other than whites (talking SA clubs here), although I did play a night cricket 6 a side tournament at school level lol.

You can customise all the visuals (and indeed full identity data, so name, logo, commentary, home grounds, etc) of the clubs. Since the videos from twistie, there's also the option to select the other opposition clubs (it was randomised in the build at the time of his recording), which you can also edit.

T20 is the only option for the playing format - basically it created the best balance in terms of how long in your career it is until you jump up to domestic level.

When you play club cricket it helps your selection chances in all formats, so it isn't like the T20 club cricket will mean you're forced to play a lot of T20 once at domestic level.

Will the club team lineups be randomised? will we only meet real life players (obviously obtained from Academy) at domestic level? or are the "real life" players assigned clubs as well and their promotion to domestic level may not be assured? :) somehow I doubt that, I'd like to play against the "real life" players.. Having said that though.... you said players retire and will be promoted upwards from club to domestic etc... potentially we can have a complete random player playing at international level?

I didn't get a response last time so I'll ask again, can you sort the batsmen by their average in the statistics section of career mode?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread