Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Anybody else having the "Academy Sharing Service is not available" message when trying to just search for teams? If I search by user or even go to anything else it works fine. Its just teams

Anybody else having the "Academy Sharing Service is not available" message when trying to just search for teams? If I search by user or even go to anything else it works fine. Its just teams

I found it was a bit slow when I just tried to use it, though not sure why. As soon as I try to download anything now, it crashes though.

Don't know when that'll be fixed, or what's causing it exactly, but it'll be a pain if it's still there at PC release.

@BigAntStudios @MattW
Just wondering if the new patch will sort out the 2 or 3 exact same players who get picked in the team in career for example I just played a game on career with 3 Mitchell starcs, is there a way I can fix this?
Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated

IMO it's a user error... when you download the teams from academy it gives you three options "Keep existing player and also save new", "Replace existing player with the new" and "Keep existing player and don't save/download new". If you select the first option you will be left with multiple copies of the same player. You have to use one of the other two options for only a single copy of a player to be present.

IMO it's a user error... when you download the teams from academy it gives you three options "Keep existing player and also save new", "Replace existing player with the new" and "Keep existing player and don't save/download new". If you select the first option you will be left with multiple copies of the same player. You have to use one of the other two options for only a single copy of a player to be present.
At first that is what I thought had happened but no there is only one in all of my players.

At first that is what I thought had happened but no there is only one in all of my players.

Ok. In that case no idea coz i downloaded teams manually and selected the option to keep only one version of the player and everything seems to be ok. However, I have to mention that I'm only playing casual matches (Tests, Odis, T20s) to avoid crashes and haven't played career mode or custom matches/tourneys. Maybe the multiple copies of players crop up in those modes, especially career mode?

Ok. In that case no idea coz i downloaded teams manually and selected the option to keep only one version of the player and everything seems to be ok. However, I have to mention that I'm only playing casual matches (Tests, Odis, T20s) to avoid crashes and haven't played career mode or custom matches/tourneys. Maybe the multiple copies of players crop up in those modes, especially career mode?
Yeah it's fine in casual it's just in career when the computer chooses the best there is a problem but I may wipe the game and start over and try again :)

Yeah it's fine in casual it's just in career when the computer chooses the best there is a problem but I may wipe the game and start over and try again :)

I would say wait till the Get Best option is enabled by Big Ant or when the first patch is rolled out before you do that else you may run into the same issue.

Can someone please post an image of a big wheel showing a century or more runs - it would be interesting to see evidence of places that are inaccessible to the batsmen. I had a couple of unreal five5 games against the AI tonight and the game is growing on me but I have all fingers crossed that these areas soon become available once again for the batsman

Can someone please post an image of a big wheel showing a century or more runs - it would be interesting to see evidence of places that are inaccessible to the batsmen. I had a couple of unreal five5 games against the AI tonight and the game is growing on me but I have all fingers crossed that these areas soon become available once again for the batsman

There are a couple posted here. Rahul showed how it should be today though really. :p

8b28c84a-7d8f-417c-98ec-5814849f9269.jpg

Check out the OP in the following thread...
DBC 17 Batting - Don Bradman Cricket 17 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

Thanks and what a knock from Rahul! The first of those wheels sums up my experiences perfectly - especially with the big gaps on the on side

I think this is one of the most important posts since release - I have been checking out the AI's wheels too and noticing that their shots are limited in a similar way which is interesting. Perhaps what would be more telling is a wheel of an entire innings where a team has scored more than 400 or so

I played a match yesterday and scored 359 in an innings. The wagon wheel for that innings looked an exact replica of the one I posted with a couple of differences...
1. Instead of a hooked edge i got a leading edge on the offside with a boundary through Point region.
2. There were a couple of pull/hook boundaries through the mid wkt region.

But the main shot/scoring zones for the innings still remained the same.

Users who are viewing this thread