Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Whenever i try to hit a leg glance, the batsman many a times does not hit a leg glance but rather a pull shot even to very full deliveries... especially a backfoot leg glance is not possible...the batsman always hits a pull shot... am i getting anything wrong or is everyone having the same issue?
Not many have been able to hit a fine leg glance off front or back foot as yet. This along with other missing shots has been brought into notice of the developers.
May I suggest to moderators to make a pinned post where known issues (not bugs) are posted so same things are not repeated in multiple threads.

Last edited:
Not many been able to hit a fine leg glance off front or back foot as yet. This along with other missing shots has been brought into notice of the developers.
May I suggest to moderators to make a pinned post where known issues (not bugs) are posted so same things are not repeated in multiple threads.
I agree

Anyone know when the "best team" thing will start working? I don't want to start without having all the teams, but I'm getting really impatient lol.

Not sure if I'm being stupid but can you bowl from different angles from the crease like dbc14 like wide or close to the stumps, I loved this feature.....apologies I have just seen how to do this on the bowling tutorial
No, you are not being stupid at all. It's actually good you are asking up front because a few things one might otherwise take for granted are actually missing in this game—cover drives, certain leg-side shots, proper bouncers, and maybe a few more things.

And if this hasn't been answered already, you can (thankfully) bowl from different angles.

Last edited:
Anyone know when the "best team" thing will start working? I don't want to start without having all the teams, but I'm getting really impatient lol.

BigAnt have submitted a patch, which is supposed to fix get best and a lot of the ps4 crashes... we are hoping for a before Christmas release, but that depends on SONY.

I have not played too much of the game yet due to lack of time but what i have played so far i can honestly say it is an amazing game.

I was wondering if some of these things i am about to mention can or will be fixed through a patch by @BigAntStudios . @HBK619 @mikeymerren @MattW if you guys can please let us know. Thanks

● The batting broadcast seems different to DBC14. Is it possible to have the camera zoomed in a bit more and also i noticed the camera starts with the bowler and then suddenly moves up to show you the batsman, i feel it would be better if it jus stayed still showing the batsman and just zoomed in as the bowler reaches the crease.

● Will at any point we be able to select any kits for any type of match as we did in DBC14 where for example we could select a T20 kit for an odi and vice versa.

● The on field logo feature is great but the scale of the logo is very small as mentioned by some of the stadium creators. Is it possible to make that larger like it is in real as it would look awesome.

● In DBC14 we could edit team list for example i could create an Ipl list, Bbl list and World cup 2015 list of teams instead of searching down a big list. Is it possible to fix that or will it remain the same.

Hi just got the game and started playing. Just wondering if the cricket academy has been disabled because every time I try to download new teams or players I get the message 'The Academy sharing service is not available. Please try again later'. Don't want to start career mode without the proper teams so wondering when will the academy be available, thanks.

Hi @BigAntStudios I've been experiencing a big problem in the academy demo on pc. I would love to still use this for creations once I get my hands on the PS4 version of the game so I hope that s problem can be resolved.

Every time I load the academy and go to create or edit logo in the logo creator the game crashes, it completely shuts down and sends me back to the home screen of my computer. I've tried turning the pc off and on again, and even deleted and redownloaded the game, but the problem still occurs.

I've spent a lot of time on the academy already and have loved it so that's why this is really disappointing for me. I have a lot more adboards and stadia I'd like to complete so I hope you guys can find a solution to this problem, thanks!

I'm seeing many people posting when will the 'updated' or 'real' teams be available.

A reminder for those people - this is an Un-licenced game and 'real' players can only be made by the community.

Therefore the answer is pretty simple - we can have all the updated teams when they are made by the community. If not enough people are prepared to make them, then the wait is potentially infinite.

We are incredibly fortunate to have several people on PlanetCricket putting in countless hours to get this done for free, in their own time. I for one, applaud their generosity in doing it and thank them wholeheartedly for their time and effort (I'm reluctant to start writing names here as I would no doubt forget someone!)

I started a tour of Pakistan/UAE but I haven't been able to select the pitch type/condition or the umpires, difficulty or anything? Is there something I've missed?
I have had the same problem also it has no stats or you can't tell how the tour is going eg 3-1

Hi @BigAntStudios I've been experiencing a big problem in the academy demo on pc. I would love to still use this for creations once I get my hands on the PS4 version of the game so I hope that s problem can be resolved.

Every time I load the academy and go to create or edit logo in the logo creator the game crashes, it completely shuts down and sends me back to the home screen of my computer. I've tried turning the pc off and on again, and even deleted and redownloaded the game, but the problem still occurs.

I've spent a lot of time on the academy already and have loved it so that's why this is really disappointing for me. I have a lot more adboards and stadia I'd like to complete so I hope you guys can find a solution to this problem, thanks!

I hope your issue gets sorted mate.

And today i am back to dbc14 game because its always good to wait for your meal till fully cooked instead start eating semi cooked food :(.

I cannot belive the game for which i wait so anxiously for last 6 months and now its in my hands and i am playing older version just because

-game carshes two times again today one while editing stadium and other while adding logo to kit. I think there are so many crashes/bug reported in that thread now
-catch drops by legend AI very common
-my batsman take single on every ball and you can play only few direction shots
-game modiers are not working
-camera option and view are limited and instead improvement it goes to worse as compare to dbc14
-no earned stats like in dbc14

I am very much sure that BA will able to fix these like dbc14 day1 and after final patch.

Good luck BA and for sure with upcoming patches i will be back to dbc17

Last edited:
@BigAntStudios @MattW
Just wondering if the new patch will sort out the 2 or 3 exact same players who get picked in the team in career for example I just played a game on career with 3 Mitchell starcs, is there a way I can fix this?
Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread