Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

This is a small issue. I do not know if any Xbox One users have tried to stream games on twitch. I for one was not able to stream games on twitch. It showed me some error message which I contacted to Twitch team. I was told it often happens with new games and probably this game isnt cleared for broadcasting via Twitch. Has anyone else who is using Xbox One faced this issue?

yes me too, i trued last night but wouldnt let me.

Not sure if I'm being stupid but can you bowl from different angles from the crease like dbc14 like wide or close to the stumps, I loved this feature.....apologies I have just seen how to do this on the bowling tutorial

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to uninstall the academy on pc? I can't do anything on it now just try and select a mode and it freezes or crashes everytime, want to try uninstalling and redownloading it again

I started a tour of Pakistan/UAE but I haven't been able to select the pitch type/condition or the umpires, difficulty or anything? Is there something I've missed?

Game arrived late today and unfortunately I had not much time to get playing before I was forced out to see people and stuff but a couple of observations have come up through downloading, tweaking (fearsomely obvs) and doing the tutorials.

1. I downloaded all the county teams and when I tried to edit Essex's line-up to get rid of retired players and add this coming season's players I had some trouble. Every player I tried to remove went and the reappeared straight away.

2. When I tried to select captain, 1st/2nd bowler etc it seemed to break the entire selection screen and suddenly only 14 players were in my line-up and the batting order was all wrong and couldn't be changed. This was in the team edit section after downloading. I downloaded again and it righted itself but the whole process of editing, swapping and moving players seemed fraught with danger and @blockerdave has already mentioned the clunkiness of the add/remove player thing for each team being a separate thing.

3. I downloaded individual teams as the 'Get Best' isn't working and I seem to have two Moeens. One for Worcestershire and one for England and I can't delete the spare one. Is this right or am I missing something here?

4. When playing the tutorials a few stood out as not following the logic pattern on the screen namely the speed modifiers and the length modifiers. If you followed what was written on the screen the length modifier would never work as you have to hold the L1/R1 button in before pressing the length which the screen categorically doesn't tell you to do. Given that Noob experience was a big issue with DB14 (as highlighted by the Giant Bomb review for example) this might be something you want to solve as someone with little cricket experience or an unwillingness to experiment (which is likely considering they're given button prompt instructions on the screen that are incorrect) could well be turned off quickly by something like that.

Obviously I have yet to play a match yet but one thing that stood out for me in the tutorials was that you seemed more in control of the situation if you could bowl well rather than waiting for a 'pre-meditated' mistake as in DB14. Seemed more fluid. Also the ball pitch marker allows for more intuitive batting selections and that is to be applauded. I didn't camp once (except for the 'you must hit a back foot shot tutorial).

any way to add downloaded teams to your ongoing career? i started with the default fake names because get best isn't working and now that ive downloaded some i thought they'd flow through to my career but they haven't

any way to add downloaded teams to your ongoing career? i started with the default fake names because get best isn't working and now that ive downloaded some i thought they'd flow through to my career but they haven't
No everything is locked once u start a career...to get downloaded content u must start over

I thought that was fixed?

I have been playing Don Bradman 17 since when it came out on 16/12/16 how does the game play sliders work you in the sense with the pitch physics when it comes to batting is it more easy when they are set to 0 or 100 ?

Ahhh, okay. Gotcha.

Users who are viewing this thread