Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

I keep getting that glitch where the batsman bats down the pitch..happen to me like 4 times in 20 minutes in career mode.
I hope the patch releases soon.

happen to me like 4 times in 20 minutes in career mode.

Please:

• Get a video if you can
  • Bat for a while if you can

I'd love to see how this plays out, heh. Can you only do it in career mode, or does it happen in the arcade modes as well? Online?

Please:

• Get a video if you can

I'd love to see how this plays out, heh. Can you only do it in career mode, or does it happen in the arcade modes as well? Online?
Well it happens to me in career mode..i just quite and save and start again.

Please:

• Get a video if you can

Have played only Casual matches so far over the last 3 days on PS4 and I haven't had a single crash or this batsman moving to the non-striker end glitch though I've faced occasional frame rate issues. Looks like Custom matches and career mode are plagued by crashes & glitches.

Last edited:
The batsman at bowling crease bug that you will see in career mode, start a batsman career mode and then you can notice in first 3-5 games.

Most crashes which i faced were during
- logo addition to saf t20 kit
- pressing l1r1 at t20championship main menu
- sharing my created stadium on ps4 medium template stadium
- player got out or you take wicket on overs last ball of inns (limited over match)

Above all i need to know what BA was thinking while removing the key feature "earned stats" as mostly upcoming version is improved ones of previous but here whats sort of improvement by removing it.

I wish they reprovide us back via patch.

hi guys, HELPPP NEEDED

i am getting "cricket academy not available error" when trying to download the best teams
also when i try and start a aus domestic t20 comp - (big bash) i get the error and it shuts the game down???
also same error when i try and start world cup and couple other comps?
is there something i am missing here?

please help

thanks

Is there an option to import svg files on the console edition? I may have missed it but I can't find it

hi guys, HELPPP NEEDED

i am getting "cricket academy not available error" when trying to download the best teams
also when i try and start a aus domestic t20 comp - (big bash) i get the error and it shuts the game down???
also same error when i try and start world cup and couple other comps?
is there something i am missing here?

please help

thanks
The teams in Cricket Academy are not ready yet so that's why is not working.

The rest are just bugs and glitches because i had them as well..hope the next patch will fix all this.

Seems like the created stadiums are really slowing down load times and giving me frame rate issues. Anyone else?

Cant speak for load times, but whenever I play with a user created stadium (it seems), eventually I get massive frame rate issues. And they 99% occur during delivery of the ball!
I've included a video I uploaded with just a small taste of the issue during a delivery. The bonus with the video is it also includes an example of the really poor shot selection the game suffers from at the moment. I'd say its currently worse than DBC14 ever was. I've never seen this many front foot cuts in my life! And trying to angle the ball on to the on side with a glance or such? Don't bother......

Cant speak for load times, but whenever I play with a user created stadium (it seems), eventually I get massive frame rate issues. And they 99% occur during delivery of the ball!
I've included a video I uploaded with just a small taste of the issue during a delivery. The bonus with the video is it also includes an example of the really poor shot selection the game suffers from at the moment. I'd say its currently worse than DBC14 ever was. I've never seen this many front foot cuts in my life! And trying to angle the ball on to the on side with a glance or such? Don't bother......

This is pretty much the same in DBC 14, the back foot shots are really easy to mess up and step 1m either side of the stumps... I never play backfoot shots unless its well outside off stump as its just not worth the risk...

Overall, I have to say I'm very let down by this release. So many things seem to have taken steps BACK. The shot variety, as mentioned by many, with direction seemingly predetermined and shot choice mostly totally random. This problem alone is just about a deal breaker right there as it couldn't be more pivotal to the game.

Then the academy. Is it me, or have options been TAKEN OUT? Like colour options for player gear. The option for choosing eyewear is still in. Shame then I'm yet to see one player actually wearing any....

And the commentary! What happened there? No offence to Mike Coward, enjoy his work, but he is NOT a play-by-play guy. Not to mention that the accuracy in comments is way off, and the touted "banter" is virtually non existent.

The numerous other bugs I get. Small studio, small market, I get it. I got it with DBC14, and I loved (still love!) that game. But this is a second generation release now, and there'd be many who feel this is still only a near-RC beta. Of a first time release!

So much like the jerky-fest PS3 release, this may well get shelved until either a big patch, or the PC release. I bought both last time out. I'll need convincing this time.

BTW, is there a way to sign onto the academy on PS4 with my PC academy credentials?.... (seems like a big oversight)

This is pretty much the same in DBC 14, the back foot shots are really easy to mess up and step 1m either side of the stumps... I never play backfoot shots unless its well outside off stump as its just not worth the risk...
I rarely noticed it in DBC14 myself. Loved whipping the ball off the hips or smashing a pull shot through mid wicket. Neither of those exist in DBC17....

@MattW - Can we download the teams with kits from DBC 14 or just players from DBC 14?

Users who are viewing this thread