Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Does anyone else think the stance looks terrible? The way the batsmen slams his bat it reminds me of under 9 cricket...

Reminds me of Brendan McCullum!

Ironically I remember making a sarcastic post after the academy release saying I wanted to see the batsmen smash that bat into the floor after someone moaned it was too soft.

I was joking!!!

@MattW @BigAntStudios its kind request can you please provide us back in DBC17 the "EARNED STATS feature/stats in tour mode/career player stats". Thanks in advance

if lots of work needed for this feature then please tag it as ADDONs for dbc17, i will surely buy that addon

Last edited:
Finally have dbc17 will be uploading my progress

I've been playing the game for a few days now. Got into the groove for batting but I find bowling extremely hard even in amateur mode. Pace bowling is even harder with too many controls/keys to press. I can hardly take any wickets. Anyone also feels the same about bowling? Any tips to take wickets?

I hope the PC Academy also gets this patch to stop it crashing endlessly whenever you try and download something.

Do you want to overwrite logos?

Yes -> Crash
No -> Crash
Restart the game -> Crash
Try and download something else -> Crash
Try again -> Crash
Give up

I can only imagine how frustrating it is for the people who are actually trying to get their game set up.

Last edited:
I've been playing the game for a few days now. Got into the groove for batting but I find bowling extremely hard even in amateur mode. Pace bowling is even harder with too many controls/keys to press. I can hardly take any wickets. Anyone also feels the same about bowling? Any tips to take wickets?
Bharat, in my first few games I found bowling hard to grasp as well. The only thing that worked for me is to bowl more. I think as you bowl more, the muscle memory will kind of take over. I find the many controls/keys do in fact add a lot to bowling depth and variations.

I think bowling in DBC 17—particularly spin bowling—is a definite improvement over its predecessor. It's the only reason I am playing the game, ignoring just how woefully broken and deficient it is in certain other key aspects. My only gripe with the bowling is that it's terribly, terribly hard to bowl bouncers—harder than it ought to be.

However, you are right that there is definitely a leaning curve. But if you hunker down and concentrate hard enough on getting the jump and release right, you are sorted. After that you have to basically use your head. For instance, last night I played a couple of T20s with Pak against NZ. I lost the first one on a flat track with next-to-no assistance for my bowlers. I made 150-odd batting first. I got a couple of early wickets and was very confident of running through the rest of them. That's when Kane Wiliamson dropped anchor and decided he was going to see his side through—which they did with 2 overs to spare and 6 wickets still in hand.

In the next game, I set them a target of 170-odd. The game described the pitch as being an uneven and soft surface with cracks. My fast bowlers again got an early breakthrough, but it did little to arrest the flow of runs. The Kiwi batsmen were cruising along on what appeared to be a pretty docile wicket from a fast-bowling perspective, going at over 10 runs per over in the powerplay. Then I brought on my spinners, who put the brakes on the scoring. And soon, a couple of wickets followed. Then I decided to bring back a fast bowler from one end. However, this time I made a key adjustment, in that I bowled a lot of cutters. The strategy worked like a dream, allowing me to bundle them out for 90-odd runs.

No doubt that BA has made an amazing improvement in gameplay and I simply love the new features and their commitment towards public interest.

One thing I would want them to do is to fix this game. So many bugs have been reported that this is just not tolerable. They could simply make this game look the best game ever if they fix it and keep on releasing patches before they even think of working on "DBC20" or whatever. It takes hard work and dedication to make your image in all it takes is 1 bad game to ruin it. I see that people are very supportive but that's he way this market works. If we are paying big bucks for the game, we are making genuine purchases and supporting them in the best possible way we can, I think they should understand their job towards the consumers (which I think they are).

Now all we can do is give them some time to fix these bugs by releasing some patches. They should not let go of the efforts they've put in this and we should not give up cuz of the time we have put in this.

Can someone tell me how to simulate the bowling? I'm only interested in batting and can find anywhere in the menu to simulate the bowling, thanks.

I do like the objectives in the game that is a nice touch from big ant are there any more objectives on other modes ive played only on casual and career modes so far. the xp in the game I know u get them from objectives being met, is there like a leaderboard for xp.? or is xp for something else? I did get mixed up at first with the career skills points and xp points.

Can someone tell me how to simulate the bowling? I'm only interested in batting and can find anywhere in the menu to simulate the bowling, thanks.

It's under 'Match tactics' when you pause the game

How do I download the teams etc.. at first bootup it suggests it. Then says features not available, and then when I go to community on the creation bit, it says must be signed in to psn, which I am?

Users who are viewing this thread