Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Physics I can see (strength scale etc) but not skills or inputs
Well, normally we don't see a shane warne or mcgrath of women. There needs to be some limitations in skills for women.

Yeah I think what also might help is that insteading of having your 3 positions to bowl from there is as with batting a whole spectrum
of possibilities as to where you end up bowling from, really forcing you to develop a habit of from where you find the right line to bowl to....a complicated sentence that made more sense in my head.....

Get what you mean and certainly would add to the realism. Not sure how that could be reflected in the controls though.

May be you are right, then! change of physic is the thing that will bring the realism and obviously women's batting, bowling and fielding animations have to be different than men's.

Last edited:
Ok, I didn't know that. Though I don't see why @funnyadit thinks there be different skills? Surely swing is swing man or woman?

Physics I can see (strength scale etc) but not skills or inputs
Because lack of pace.Not much bounce as the average height is lot lesser..Was following Women's T20 WC as well and the difference is huge IMO..
Should have used scale instead of skills..

Last edited:
while going for realism would be good to have limitations on pace, hitting ability etc, but as far as gameplay it would be more fun to leave it as it is without imposing limitations. Let mitahli raj play a helicopter out of the stadia :D

If anything if BA are doing separate mocap with woman cricketer it would be great. apart from that every thing as it is would be great for fun gameplay, especially if they are going for mixed matchups. You could still create woman creators skilled and attributed to RL by playing around the academy if you want, but why close the opportunity to create woman brett lees!

Sorry but it would be a travesty if they do that. If you want men with tits David Boon & Mike Gatting are in the academy.

It'd be great if women's cricket is included, but only if it's done thoughtfully & with respect.

I have friends who played an SA girl who bowled 130+...

Sorry but it would be a travesty if they do that. If you want men with tits David Boon & Mike Gatting are in the academy.

Im pretty sure we both have touched the same topics, in different ways same skill sets, different scales. But my opinion being not to put a threshold on the skillset scales cause why not. Those who are going to want RL players will do that, and those who are not, why limit people in game. Why not have junal goswami bowling a couple yards quicker, heck dale steyn bowls 157 in game, I mean we have our career players who bowl 150+, im sure in real life i can never touch that speed. So why not the same for woman players. Doesnt make them men with Bewbs in any way.

If BA has licenses for women's teams i would understand locking them away, it would be great for both the cricketers and BA if that happens. But apart from that i dont see a point in putting limitations in the academy!

Last edited:
I have friends

Citation Required.

colbertmicgif.gif

...but yeah:

It'd be great if women's cricket is included, but only if it's done thoughtfully & with respect.

I think you've gotta play it safe, sadly... I think playing mixed-teams and all that would be really cool and (personally) I would love it, but that opens up a whole can of worms. You either gotta throw your cards down and go all-in on it or just leave it alone. I don't think in DBC: Part II that's something they're willing to pour resourcing into just yet, given the practicality of stuff like, entirely new sets of game models, motion capture work, AI programming, and so on. I would absolutely 100% support Womens Cricket being included but only under the 'thoughtfully and with respect' portion because they, like the male counterparts, deserve nothing less.

I am sure it must have been addressed already but will the game support VR (PS and PC). I have a PS 4 and would instantly buy PS VR for this game.

I think it will be easier for BA studios to get licenses for women's team. May be they are going to get it or they already have it, that's why they are including women's cricket. Better some licenses than nothing. (Just an assumption)

I don't have a problem with women being on the game. Certainly if they will be licensed and therefore international and domestic kits can be used its a great coup for BA and works well for us.

BA will surprise us i guess! They have always delivered more than they promised. And this time they are gonna bring tear in our eyes i hope. They are certainly as passionate as we are for cricket games.

And this time they are gonna bring tear in our eyes.

Don't be so negative, I'm sure they'll fix the AI edges[DOUBLEPOST=1460125606][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't have a problem with women being on the game. Certainly if they will be licensed and therefore international and domestic kits can be used its a great coup for BA and works well for us.

I would think nobody reasonable would have a problem with women being in the game licenses or not, but it should be handled properly in a manner that respects the physical differences

Users who are viewing this thread