Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

i think bowling in general still has some elements even with pace, its like finding the box that a player has trouble with in a game. I have been bowling mostly in co op with @funnyadit .

There was this match were i found sehwag weakness was backfoot, and decided to try it, and bowled a short one he pulled to the fielder as usual, then i tried by bowling a short one to him by coming close to stumps and bowling in to him but moving away, he tried to cut but missed, this was his 'box' so this being limited overs i couldn't bowl more bouncers hence I bowled slightly short of goodlength and moving away from him, and he kept missing more often than not. Next over again i followed him with an away going bouncer and he failed to connect, next ball I bowled the short of good length but slightly slower and he hit it straight to point for catch mistiming it!

It felt like a plan actually worked. In the same game, sachin on the other hand was going guns but struggled against full and straight ones, and think adit got him caught out with a full one!

The next match I wanted to try the short ball theory again and this time Kane williamson was the target, bowled the same bouncer to him and he pulled for 4, another one smashed for four, so the next one i bowled short of length going wide of crease angling in to him fully with inswing and he went for pull but it hit him in the ribs, then followed it with similar deliveries and he couldn't put them away, and got a single.

Again next over Bowled one into his ribs he again missed and then next one was a bouncer that was angled in to him form wide of crease, it would have gone past his helmet to the right may be slightly grazing it but he went for a hook and edged it to keeper who took it leaping, that it felt so real.

The next one is of spin in our recent match was bowling to swann who had weakness of leg side, so was bowling left arm to him and kept bowling to his legs he kept sweeping a few but then one ball on the right area just got him to go for a flick, the ball gripped a bit and ended crashing his leg stump.

output_PUiWhy.gif

20160404234131_1.jpg

I would even say that this is more evident in co-op online than in other modes though can say for sure as it could be any number of factors from the teams used to the format, we have certainly got some good edges even of pace, the classic outswing as well as one inswing.

Im not saying, the AI batting is suddenly become really real, but there are certainly great elements there that are hiding underneath a lot of shackles. The moments they work like i described above they just feel great.

Last edited:
@grkrama i think youre right there are all the elements in DBC14 but it can be very hard to bring them out.

I noticed too bowling yesterday different players hitting in different areas - first time I really felt need for different fields and bowling plan for different batsmen.

Didn't notice weaknesses but then again I'm shite :)

@grkrama @blockerdave yes there are great elements like these and i know this thing for a while now and i easily pick up 1-2 wickets every match in career mode ( all rounder) by bowling with a plan and setting field myself for every batsman. I always check the weakness and strength of a batsman (by click the right stick button in case anyone didnt knew :D) and always bowl on weaknesses or near to it

I have always thought the spin bowling is better in t20. There's certainly more edges, some of the pitches are like a day 5 test pitch, more noticeable turn and lower bounce. I have no idea why it doesn't seem to carry through to other formats.

I have always thought the spin bowling is better in t20. There's certainly more edges, some of the pitches are like a day 5 test pitch, more noticeable turn and lower bounce. I have no idea why it doesn't seem to carry through to other formats.

I'll note I have the pitches set to "fast" or whatever the setting is for pitch wear to happen quickly, means bowling second in T20's really ramps it up if I'm playing on a worn pitch, so I usually open with spin. Really enjoying spin-bowling, trying to get better at it.

I just hope Friday will bring something meaty to get our teeth into......c'mon Ross, own that Friday....,

Yes. Was joking with the post - I don't know if there's any announcement planned for tomorrow.

Did you not know that on 8 April in 1954 the Don had his lawn mowed by a fella who's cousin once sat in the same train carriage as a guy who's daughter once flashed her breasts at Greg Chappell outside the Gabba? If your marketing department can miss a date like that without some sort of screenshot, you're simply amateurs.

Did you not know that on 8 April in 1954 the Don had his lawn mowed by a fella who's cousin once sat in the same train carriage as a guy who's daughter once flashed her breasts at Greg Chappell outside the Gabba? If your marketing department can miss a date like that without some sort of screenshot, you're simply amateurs.
Screenshot of the breasts would be nice....[DOUBLEPOST=1460023967][/DOUBLEPOST]
Lol - I did... But equally I was being 100% serious with the comment. :)
Oh........there are parrallel universes at work here...

I'll note I have the pitches set to "fast" or whatever the setting is for pitch wear to happen quickly, means bowling second in T20's really ramps it up if I'm playing on a worn pitch, so I usually open with spin. Really enjoying spin-bowling, trying to get better at it.

It's the only thing I bowl to be honest. Sometimes you have a passage of play where you could be fooled into thinking there's been a patch thrown in. I've had some really good moments that make me realise how close BA come to getting it right first time. If I may give you some advice, when bowling in t20 try to bowl more of the slower deliveries (drift,turn,sliders). See if the tip gets you more success.

Users who are viewing this thread