Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

I think it could work as a companion app under any scenario and integrated right into the game, both career and elsewhere. Bit like how the Assassin Creed games moved all their mini-game stuff to be housed in a companion app and only had a really light-smattering in the console game BUT served a purpose in the main mode by offering different rewards and added-bonuses for completing that stuff.

I think those that would benefit/enjoy a coach/team management sim prolly already have a dedicated game purchased to do that, so the inclusion in DBC would need to serve a higher-purpose in the main game, whether it's through unlockables, rewards or simply managing dynamic line-ups in career mode it would need to serve a purpose in the actual core game mode, in my opinion.

Edit:

Basically, I think it's a great idea but could end up being something that's tacked-on for the sake of it unless it has a real benefit to the player. Does that make sense?

I think the hope is an actual game mode that is coach/team management. I remember this kind of game mode was in the original plans of DBC14 but Ross said they didn't think it was up to scratch and they left it out. Hopefully/I'd assume they've been improving it and it might be included in DBC17. If that's the case, then the auction may be integrated if you're operating an IPL side?

I for one would love a team manager mode, in other sports games I find the manager modes a little more engaging and dynamic than be-a-pro.

Hi,
Any change in Game Ui?

We're not that far along yet to know that stuff... but... UI and in-game HUD is a passion of Matts if you've been following his mods over the years so I would put good money on it being improved dramatically.

It would be a great idea if you can continue your manager career mode in the companion app as well as in the main game , so when you are in your office you sim through couple of season until you find a young gun bowler which you were looking for and then when you reach home you turn on the game and check him out on the nets and give him some tips to improve his area of concern.

Just saw this. Used to post a bit around here when DBC14 was coming out, but disappeared for a while since. Still playing it though, and delighted to hear another one's coming up - at least this time I've already got a good cricket game to play while I wait, haha! The World T20's got me right into the mood again. Keep up all the amazing work everyone.

Ross
Hi add the Mini highlights in the game for a 50,100 a 5fier etc, also a quick highlights at the end of a innings with 4s and 6s, fall of wicket

Hey guys
I want to submit the different style of Tamil on request of a few here.but my voice is worst now due to cold can I take some more time?
With regards,
Srinivasan

Hey guys
I want to submit the different style of Tamil on request of a few here.but my voice is worst now due to cold can I take some more time?
With regards,
Srinivasan
At least post it in the right thread......

some of the things need to be fix or add like

keepers - sometimes there is a chance of stumping but keeper does not do anything, yes on few occasions he do automatically but when we want to do manually keeper does not do anything, pressing all the buttons still didnot find how to do that. there should be like pressing X (PS4) he should hit the stumps.

Medium Bowlers- its very irritating when someone bowls 110 km/h sometime even less than that. It should be fixed.

Fielders - It was fixed before maybe but still sometimes feilder do Slide on most of the time even when they are not required to. Close fielder(in circle) sometime throw very slow and they throw up rather than straight throw, at that time it looks like fielder doesnot want the batsman to be runout like script.

Player Ratings/form - I dont know if it is good or not but i jus want to share a thought on this, there should be player rating or form which will have a affect in the match this thing will help us in using other players/substitutes in different matches once a playing 11 player got out of form. For example if David warner rating is 85 so if he played 5 matches where he scored only 10 runs per match that means he is out of form so after those 5 matches there will be demotion in his rating -1. so now his rating is 84. Its like +or-1 after 5 matches. Its just a thought.

Sorry if this has already been answered as I'm sure it's already been discussed and asked but will there be full "World Cup" tournaments included in the Career mode this time around? If so will it be ODI and T20 or just the main ODI WC?

what also needs to be tweaked is the whole slowing down balls that should get to the rope. If you watch ANY sort of cricket game, you'll see (esp off fast bowlers) that balls go flying to the rope off nicks, pushes, etc.

hi All,
it would be great if we have following in DBC17 other then rest of gameplay etc stuff

Editors

- stadium (that already confirmed)
- ground (outfield/inner circle grass and that impact rolling shots)
- pitch making like we can make any pitches (hardness level, grass level, soil type, dust level, cracks level, condition level) also wearing of pitch impact the gameplay
- weather like keep changing after 30 hr interval and synced like weather dynamism in driveclub or projectcars game also impact gameplay
- crowd like home/away noise, neutral, half full, House full jam pack like in India, crowd noise effects
- celebrations like after wikts, 4s, 6s, milestones, 50s 100s etc, angry looks etc
- Kits designs so we can design any type of kit even that will introduce in future by ICC
- match scenario to revive the history
- UI editors for in game display and main screen themes,

Thanks

There's literally nothing anyone can suggest now, or tomorrow, or a week from now that isn't something that's already been discussed ad-nauseum.

I'd like to see a feature where occasionally, just before the start of play, a UFO will appear and all the selected players will be kidnapped by aliens meaning that the match never takes place and all reference to it is then expunged from history, much in the manner of the recent WT20 final and the 2006/07 Adelaide test...

I'd like to see a feature where occasionally, just before the start of play, a UFO will appear and all the selected players will be kidnapped by aliens meaning that the match never takes place and all reference to it is then expunged from history, much in the manner of the recent WT20 final and the 2006/07 Adelaide test...

Already mentioned on page 6 of this very thread :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread