Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

I'd like to see a feature where occasionally, just before the start of play, a UFO will appear and all the selected players will be kidnapped by aliens meaning that the match never takes place and all reference to it is then expunged from history, much in the manner of the recent WT20 final and the 2006/07 Adelaide test...
But will it mean more edges?

Don’t ruin it Dave, someone has come here and posted humour a rare sight I know but a good one.

You will scare him away!

Alright keep yer hair on.

Drop what I was messing around it wasn’t meant to be offensive.

a UFO will appear and all the selected players will be kidnapped by aliens meaning that the match never takes place and all reference to it is then expunged from history

You get me. You really get me.

My new favorite.

I would like to see three twists of RS to inititiate explosive mammal sequence

...the correct gaming term is; twerk. Three twerks of RS to explode mammals.

Last edited:
Also, the animations when scoring half centuries (subdued raise of bat) and centuries (jump for joy, then raising both helmet and bat...even kissing coat of arms on helmet) need to be more realistic.

Another cricket game is in works, expectations are skyrocketing, fears have been laid to rest thanks to the previous game but a lot still needs to be improved. I played DBC for almost eight months but since I hardly play online, the game kind of grew off me. I hope there are clever changes to an already workable system. AI especially needs to be revamped. That was the most disappointing factor for me. Spin bowling was also not the strongest part of the game. Career mode can be made a hell lot more fun. Somehow I just did not feel like competing in stuff like WC and Test series. I hope this is the game, darn old fans like me have been waiting for.

Spin bowling was also not the strongest part of the game.

I think that's a fair call, but I've recently just rediscovered the game and am attempting to become better at Spin bowling and it's actually pretty fun. Unlike fast-bowling where there's just luck an "AI Happens" moments, I feel like I can generally set a plan and get, edges for example, pretty regularly. So while not the strongest it's certainly better than swing/seam bowling.

It'd be nice to have the ability to play as a player from an Associate nation in career mode.

You can already do that, you just have to set it up prior to the generic settings in career mode.

Update player stats (as in the in-game visuals of stats) after each completed game in a tournament, not wait to the end

I think that's a fair call, but I've recently just rediscovered the game and am attempting to become better at Spin bowling and it's actually pretty fun. Unlike fast-bowling where there's just luck an "AI Happens" moments, I feel like I can generally set a plan and get, edges for example, pretty regularly. So while not the strongest it's certainly better than swing/seam bowling.

I had definitely reached a point where i was getting more edges with spinners than seamers. Since coming back to the game I've lost that though!

Since coming back to the game I've lost that though!

I was turning the ball quite a bit yesterday playing my Biggton Gamecocks team, so I switched into Career mode and kept bringing me on in the IPL to bowl off-spin and took 3-3 and 2-18 in two matches, so I'm going to keep bowling a little more in career because I find it a lot more fun than batting at the moment.

I was turning the ball quite a bit yesterday playing my Biggton Gamecocks team, so I switched into Career mode and kept bringing me on in the IPL to bowl off-spin and took 3-3 and 2-18 in two matches, so I'm going to keep bowling a little more in career because I find it a lot more fun than batting at the moment.
Happening to me as well, all of a sudden ball is gripping and turning a lot...For the first time in my career I got a faint edge because of the turn..The best thing visually for sure..So with that controlling rpm to control the amount of spin becomes a thing..

Users who are viewing this thread