Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

It's the only thing I bowl to be honest. Sometimes you have a passage of play where you could be fooled into thinking there's been a patch thrown in. I've had some really good moments that make me realise how close BA come to getting it right first time. If I may give you some advice, when bowling in t20 try to bowl more of the slower deliveries (drift,turn,sliders). See if the tip gets you more success.
How are the death overs of AI in Twenty20. I only play longer games.....

Maybe it's my tactics of spin but I find the AI too easy to big down with spin & it can almost feel like cheating taking out chunks of overs in a T20 with spin.

That said yesterday I won a custom format (2 innings, but limited to 40 4-ball overs and test match wides/no fielding restrictions) by packing the covers and bowling full fast and wide of off stump, and felt no shame whatsoever but more like a tactical genius!!

Maybe it's my tactics of spin but I find the AI too easy to big down with spin & it can almost feel like cheating taking out chunks of overs in a T20 with spin.

That said yesterday I won a custom format (2 innings, but limited to 40 4-ball overs and test match wides/no fielding restrictions) by packing the covers and bowling full fast and wide of off stump, and felt no shame whatsoever but more like a tactical genius!!
An improvement to bowling would be to make it more difficult, more skillfull to bowl a correct line; how could this be done with the control system; to be fair spin bowling gets this more right. Its quite a skill to land that ball where you want it in spinbowling,

An improvement to bowling would be to make it more difficult, more skillfull to bowl a correct line; how could this be done with the control system; to be fair spin bowling gets this more right. Its quite a skill to land that ball where you want it in spinbowling,

Agree! I also noticed I was playing with a team that didn't have reduced skills - controlling the swing was difficult at the beginning.

Agree! I also noticed I was playing with a team that didn't have reduced skills - controlling the swing was difficult at the beginning.
For this the position of LAS should be the exact position of seam so we get the desired swing, if its more than what it should be then the ball should be delivered as a scrambled seam than a swinging delivery..For all these Ball display on the screen to achieve the position of the ball with LAS is required for sure...

A suggestion I made over on the DBC14 forum was to have pushing straight up on the RAS produce a ball which went parallel with the edge of the cut strip from the point of release, so as to make bowling at the stumps harder. Having a built in off-stump line is a bit too much of an assist, in my opinion.

A suggestion I made over on the DBC14 forum was to have pushing straight up on the RAS produce a ball which went parallel with the edge of the cut strip from the point of release, so as to make bowling at the stumps harder. Having a built in off-stump line is a bit too much of an assist, in my opinion.
Yeah I think what also might help is that insteading of having your 3 positions to bowl from there is as with batting a whole spectrum
of possibilities as to where you end up bowling from, really forcing you to develop a habit of from where you find the right line to bowl to....a complicated sentence that made more sense in my head.....

There are certainly some problems with pace bowling. The ball should swing more and create more edges when it's new. On the other hands it should be hard for part time spinners to grip the new ball while bowling opening overs. But unfortunately we hardly see any changes when the ball gets old or lose it's shine. I have never experienced reverse swing tbh.
Every spinners shouldn't be good at bowling with the new ball. only a handful should have some kind icon that will refer to experience of bowling with new ball. Even all pacers shouldn't be good at bowling with the new ball likewise. If they do , it should be hard to control swing , line and length.
These are some basics; if implemented, will make the game more interesting and realistic

There are certainly some problems with pace bowling. The ball should swing more and create more edges when it's new. On the other hands it should be hard for part time spinners to grip the new ball while bowling opening overs. But unfortunately we hardly see any changes when the ball gets old or lose it's shine. I have never experienced reverse swing tbh.
Every spinners shouldn't be good at bowling with the new ball. only a handful should have some kind icon that will refer to experience of bowling with new ball. Even all pacers shouldn't be good at bowling with the new ball likewise. If they do , it should be hard to control swing , line and length.
These are some basics; if implemented, will make the game more interesting and realistic

I have said before we should definitely have different skill sets for red/white ball and old/new ball

We must also have a totally different set of skills, attributes, gameplay inputs for women's cricket..Thats one thing which also needs discussion as to how they are going to show the difference between men and women cricket in the game in terms of the gameplay..

We must also have a totally different set of skills, attributes, gameplay inputs for women's cricket..Thats one thing which also needs discussion as to how they are going to show the difference between men and women cricket in the game in terms of the gameplay..

Have they confirmed the inclusion of women's cricket?

Have they confirmed the inclusion of women's cricket?
Somewhere in BA forum Ross gave a hint. He said that they were wondering at the office if women's team should be able to play against men's team. That kinda confirmed women's inclusion in DBC17

Somewhere in BA forum Ross gave a hint. He said that they were wondering at the office if women's team should be able to play against men's team. That kinda confirmed women's inclusion in DBC17

Ok, I didn't know that. Though I don't see why @funnyadit thinks there be different skills? Surely swing is swing man or woman?

Physics I can see (strength scale etc) but not skills or inputs

while going for realism would be good to have limitations on pace, hitting ability etc, but as far as gameplay it would be more fun to leave it as it is without imposing limitations. Let mitahli raj play a helicopter out of the stadia :D

If anything if BA are doing separate mocap with woman cricketer it would be great. apart from that every thing as it is would be great for fun gameplay, especially if they are going for mixed matchups. You could still create woman creators skilled and attributed to RL by playing around the academy if you want, but why close the opportunity to create woman brett lees!

Users who are viewing this thread