Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

On my PS3, to be able to load my career game, I need to
  1. Start DBC
  2. Press 'back' on load screen to ignore 'Facebook integration not supported..'
  3. Press 'start' at the end of load screen to start loading the player profile
  4. Navigate menu to load my career game
Is there a way to avoid steps like 2 and 3? I find them useless as user-action doesn't really do anything apart from letting the game load which should not require user input in the first place.

What am I missing?

FINALLY A GOOD NEWS FOR CRICKET LOVERS – DON BRADMAN CRICKET ’17 IS COMING ON THIS DECEMBER

Last edited by a moderator:
FINALLY A GOOD NEWS FOR CRICKET LOVERS – DON BRADMAN CRICKET ’17 IS COMING ON THIS DECEMBER

OMG! When was this announced? How did this happen? Good news everyone, hearty congratulations! The news has finally avoided WW3. Cant wait for December after reading the all caps good news!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are Licenced bats gonna be in this game, I am sure I sore a gray and nicholls legend bat in one of the academy screen shots.

There are no screenshots of Don Bradman Cricket 17

I think he's referring to the create player icon in the academy, which does look remarkably similar to he GN Legend

Will there be a PlanetCricket team? And how to make your player become a member of it?

@Gammergq is probably referring to this tweet from Gray Nicholls, a DBC 14 mod.

Now if the Buggers can just get onboard , and stop worrying about charging exhorbitant fee`s for the "priviledge" to show their stuff in a Video Game :)

ya this thing has bugged me quite a bit, normally if you are showing your stuff on tv, or placing them in shows, you pay the tv or show, why in video game world it is opposite?

ya this thing has bugged me quite a bit, normally if you are showing your stuff on tv, or placing them in shows, you pay the tv or show, why in video game world it is opposite?

Key difference is that tv and other broadcast media is used as a mechanism to advertise and sell your product. Folks don't switch on TV because of say Gray-Nicolls bat. OTOH video games are not a means to advertise your product as the users who've purchased the video game (DBC14/17) will already be aware of the product (Gray-Nicolls) but the video game will be able to benefit as certain set of users/consumers will treat Gray-Nicolls bat as a "licensed" kit item and more likely to purchase the game. Treat it similar to how a celebrity may not charge anything for a high profile TV interview but will charge a product company for endorsing the product (on TV or otherwise).

IMO they'd get better bang for their buck doing a licensing deal with Channel 9 in Australia and they'd promote it for free during the home series. Nobody is going to buy a game for the "correct stickers on bats" ...they're going to buy it for an authentic cricket experience and there's nobody better than Channel 9. ...except Ian Healy. Nobody likes Ian Healy.

Users who are viewing this thread