Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

In terms of marketing for DBC14, well in South Africa on the release date in the rest of the world, the game was ready and available in stores, and the staff knew exactly what I was looking for. In England I have never seen the game in a store on any format, or met anyone who knows anything about the game until I told them about it. In the Netherlands, well, croquet?

When it was originally out it was invisible in the UK, to the extent that Game took my pre-order but never fulfilled it.

However I have seen PS4/Xbox One in Asda, Tesco & Morrisons which suggests the change of distributor paid off.

Hopefully TruBlu are nothing to do with DBC17 & the whole marketing & distribution are slicker

Hopefully TruBlu are nothing to do with DBC17 & the whole marketing & distribution are slicker

Ditto this. Shorfalls of the game aside, TruBlu didn't do shit outside of Australia to promote the game. Given New Zealand is now the best cricketing nation in the world* n'all...

*Most reasoned statement ever made, ever.

crowd chanting team name players
career mode playing world cups in career mode more,graphics in field animations ,more realistic gampeplay ..spin bowling changes ,momentum

what about cricket academy 17
eagerly waitng

Since we know @MattW shared a lot of our concerns regarding the bowling experience in DBC14, I wonder if he's seen enough of the mechanics of that game to understand why it had those shortcomings, and how they've been overcome on DBC17. Is that something he can expand on yet?

Or at least, is he confident the bowling experience in DBC17 will be better?

I'm totally expecting a "no" to this question, but I think that its worth asking

In the career mode, is it possible to play as one of the Associate or Affiliate countries without replacing one of the Test playing sides, and if it is what sort of structure is there? This shouldn't be top priority stuff obviously since the market for Cricket games in those nations is probably incredibly small (maybe in Ireland and Scotland a bit), but its the sort of thing that I'd play lots off. Its also the sort of thing that could be done better with an unlicensed game since then you wouldn't need to follow the real life rules to the letter, especially when they decide to do dumb things

Why the *** are they not answering ?

because the answers to one of the questions is incredibly easy to find with the smallest bit of searching around the forums, and the others can basically be answered with "wait and see".

DBC 14 have very poor gameplay hope this new will be better enough to play!

Its also the sort of thing that could be done better with an unlicensed game since then you wouldn't need to follow the real life rules to the letter, especially when they decide to do dumb things
Speaking entirely about the real world and removing by force the ability for anyone to draw game related inference from anything - outside of the internationals for sides with 'status' - I don't mind some of the structures that the ICC have created - the promotion/relegation systems between the different WCL/IC Cup divisions, the points system and structure for Women's ODIs, etc. all have some elements that seem the result of considering the best way to do things above all else.

Since we know @MattW shared a lot of our concerns regarding the bowling experience in DBC14, I wonder if he's seen enough of the mechanics of that game to understand why it had those shortcomings, and how they've been overcome on DBC17. Is that something he can expand on yet?
I've tried a bunch of times to come up with wording that would be a good answer without saying more than I should, but I'm having no luck.

I'll just say what you've rightly noted - I'm very personally interested and invested in there being a good bowling experience, which makes the key part a question I'll only feel comfortable answering after hundreds of hours bowling to the AI and playing test match after test match.

But then if I did say that, someone would probably read too much into that and think that me not saying an emphatic yes at this point is a sign of a negative, which is ultimately the main reason it's so difficult to answer subjective questions about a game that's still in development.

@MattW Has there been any adjustments you know of in terms of 'dropping' the ball and placing singles? I know from my experience it's rather difficult to nudge a ball into a gap for a single or to drop it short of cover for one etc.

Also everyone's forgetting the two main questions: Are the edges going to be fixed and has the fielding been improved (No warping, better animations, misfields etc.)

And because I'm procrastinating will the carry to the wicket keeper and bouncers be fixed? 90% of Mitchell Johnson's balls are caught by the keeper at ankle height and unless Johnson is over 80 years old that shouldn't be happening as well as tailenders and every player under the sun being able to pull a short ball with ease.

Last one will players' attributes have more variety? It's hard to 'personalize' each batsmen with the current attributes. If someone is good at pulling and cover drives but sucks at cutting it's very hard to represent that with our 'back foot, front foot, offside' attributes...

Speaking entirely about the real world and removing by force the ability for anyone to draw game related inference from anything - outside of the internationals for sides with 'status' - I don't mind some of the structures that the ICC have created - the promotion/relegation systems between the different WCL/IC Cup divisions, the points system and structure for Women's ODIs, etc. all have some elements that seem the result of considering the best way to do things above all else.

I've tried a bunch of times to come up with wording that would be a good answer without saying more than I should, but I'm having no luck.

I'll just say what you've rightly noted - I'm very personally interested and invested in there being a good bowling experience, which makes the key part a question I'll only feel comfortable answering after hundreds of hours bowling to the AI and playing test match after test match.

But then if I did say that, someone would probably read too much into that and think that me not saying an emphatic yes at this point is a sign of a negative, which is ultimately the main reason it's so difficult to answer subjective questions about a game that's still in development.

that's fine and i appreciate the limitations of what you can answer at this stage both in terms of what you're allowed to reveal, and what you can say given where the dev cycle is.

not knowing exactly what your involvement is (i understand you said more than just QA) or your experience/qualifications i may be asking the wrong question, but in essence i'm interested in: how much "under the hood" of DBC14 have you seen, and did any of that give you an insight into why we might have experienced some of the bowling frustrations, and did it inform the changes in DBC17?

Is the AI batting system changed? How about pitch mechanics (variation)/wear etc?

The question would be would we add value in our feedback if the logic behind current AI is explained to us more!

The thing with discussing AI logic would be if its discussed it may become gameable, but in this case a good AI system would be one that could be openly discussed but still not be gameable or spoil the party!

They should take a leaf out of Rugby Challenge 3's book, you have licences for the whole Union (or board) and you get the counties (or teams) as well as the country. Also the RC3 fanhub allows you to add real life logos (like forza 6) onto kits and share them, and share the licenced kits across the fanhub

Matt, five or salmon cake? Also a follow up question; guava?

Users who are viewing this thread