Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Such as....???

Fairly sure most things confirmed are in the first 15 or so pages of this thread. My recollection (could be wrong) is there's not much detail as yet, but things like "expanded career mode", confirmation of DBC17 name, 4th Q release, and likelihood of regional cover stars. I can't think of anything else except the different PA announcers per the other thread, which hopefully implies they've taken on board my suggestion to have commentators STFU a while and let the amazing in game sounds take over, especially the PA.

...what Blocker said. Most of the stuff we "know" has happened via the BigAnt forums which is too many buttons for me to click to go copy-paste shit, but yeah, there's been plenty of general stuff confirmed, keep an eye on @BigAntStudios twitter as he tends to drop stuff there quite a bit too. Twitter FTW.

Fairly sure most things confirmed are in the first 15 or so pages of this thread. My recollection (could be wrong) is there's not much detail as yet, but things like "expanded career mode", confirmation of DBC17 name, 4th Q release, and likelihood of regional cover stars. I can't think of anything else except the different PA announcers per the other thread, which hopefully implies they've taken on board my suggestion to have commentators STFU a while and let the amazing in game sounds take over, especially the PA.

This is my point though. What has been announced that can actually be discussed as such? We've been told there will be more depth, more animations and the fielding and bowling experience will be improved, but as things stand it is all very vague. There doesn't appear to be any information to really talk about as yet. Hopefully we'll begin to find out more soon.

...what Blocker said. Most of the stuff we "know" has happened via the BigAnt forums which is too many buttons for me to click to go copy-paste shit, but yeah, there's been plenty of general stuff confirmed, keep an eye on @BigAntStudios twitter as he tends to drop stuff there quite a bit too. Twitter FTW.

I did have a look on twitter but it has just been full of info regarding the lacrosse game recently which is understandable. I'll check out the BigAnt forum though.[DOUBLEPOST=1459153295][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm very hopeful - but as I said, I want to have hundreds of hours of Tests played with the AI completed before I start saying "yes" to whether certain things are fixed.

That alone will take you a couple of months I would imagine!!

This is my point though. What has been announced that can actually be discussed as such? We've been told there will be more depth, more animations and the fielding and bowling experience will be improved, but as things stand it is all very vague. There doesn't appear to be any information to really talk about as yet. Hopefully we'll begin to find out more soon.

I guess last time there was a longer gap to fill plus the prospect of a licensed competitor: we'll never get the same level of info this time. But hopefully enough to keep some discussion going & keep the appetites whetted.

I had a dream yesterday night where i saw the DBC 17's gameplay and visual. Forgot to capture screenshot. But it was awesome. New bowling actions, realistic bowling and fielding. There were a couple of misfieldings too. Throwing were top notch. It felt like they knew how they should throw at different situations. catching animations were also great. They didn't become keanu reeves to take a lolly catch. Can't remember the batting. Will let you guys know when i experience the dream again.

When this topic was changed to
Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion
? let me know that date :D

The Academy will return as the first release and will have regular releases until the game launches in Q4.

There will be plenty of info and ability for the community to give feedback along the way.

While most news is first seen on Twitter, it's just the easiest form for me to post, PlanetCricket is the official forum for DBC17 and I am sure that Matt will make sure it gets here fast.

The Academy will return as the first release and will have regular releases until the game launches in Q4.

There will be plenty of info and ability for the community to give feedback along the way.

While most news is first seen on Twitter, it's just the easiest form for me to post, PlanetCricket is the official forum for DBC17 and I am sure that Matt will make sure it gets here fast.
Hope you are well and had a good break Ross: looking forward to the ride!

Not to teach grandmother to suck eggs, but assuming this means that more "assets" / features will be opened up over the course of the releases, some thought should be given to thinking how to solve the issue of players created at the beginning before skills & equipment were made available. The early days of DBC14 were a bit blighted by the prevalence of unskilled players, and everyone with the same kit.

Not to teach grandmother to suck eggs, but assuming this means that more "assets" / features will be opened up over the course of the releases, some thought should be given to thinking how to solve the issue of players created at the beginning before skills & equipment were made available. The early days of DBC14 were a bit blighted by the prevalence of unskilled players, and everyone with the same kit.
Yep. Certainly an area being carefully considered.

If anything in the game is going to have a LEADERBOARD i thing it should be for the creators of academy, so that it gives whatever little boost or motivation to stay updated. I dont know if its possible but something like a market place sort of thing as in rating and reviewing and a front page showcase of best rated and updated assets. would help.

Ideally this could be implemented with a launcher program that launches this market place for academy, which in turn has a great webpage of play store like gui, with all community interaction and stuff, and on clicking install to team should be able to update the teams.

I hope im conveying the idea across properly.

Apart form that no other leaderboard :D

Users who are viewing this thread