Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Ah yes, I'd love to see the return of edges, particularly when bowling at Glenn McBradman :)

Ah yes, I'd love to see the return of edges, particularly when bowling at Glenn McBradman :)

I actually got an edge to first slip yesterday. Was great & the game would have been massively improved if they'd been implemented properly.

In circa 150 overs since playing again, lowered skills in my "Route 66" custom format, I've got 2 edges giving me 1 dismissal out of 13 wickets. My only other edge went to vacant point.

In the same period I've been dismissed caught behind/slip probably 6 or 7 times out of 18.

It's such an imbalance that I really hope the new game properly addresses.

I actually got an edge to first slip yesterday. Was great & the game would have been massively improved if they'd been implemented properly.

In circa 150 overs since playing again, lowered skills in my "Route 66" custom format, I've got 2 edges giving me 1 dismissal out of 13 wickets. My only other edge went to vacant point.

In the same period I've been dismissed caught behind/slip probably 6 or 7 times out of 18.

It's such an imbalance that I really hope the new game properly addresses.

What I'm finding strange about skilling now, is that it seems to make a fair difference when you bat, and is nearly all relevant, and means absolutely diddly squat when you bowl. The only thing I want changed to be honest.

What I'm finding strange about skilling now, is that it seems to make a fair difference when you bat, and is nearly all relevant, and means absolutely diddly squat when you bowl. The only thing I want changed to be honest.
I think it makes some difference when you bowl, but the base system is just wrong.

But as @Dutch said earlier - having Matt onboard for this version is hugely encouraging. We know he "gets" bowling in a way I think nobody in the first iteration did (I mean, no maidens in stats tells a huge story!).

Well we all know I will fly to Melbourne and wash his feet if we get things sorted in that regard, or at least an explanation of what slider does what. I honestly gave up with trying to get the sliders to work with bowling at the Ai. Whether or not you got some joy, I really didn't.

Matt has told me he takes 100% responsibility for the bowling in DBC17. If it's crap it's purely down to him*

I am sure though the bowling will be much improved with Matt involved. A gamer, doing it for the gamers

*this may not be 100% accurate but let's face it, he will get blamed regardless

I heard Matt's basing DBC17 bowling off of Ashes Cricket...

The Academy will return as the first release and will have regular releases until the game launches in Q4.

There will be plenty of info and ability for the community to give feedback along the way.

While most news is first seen on Twitter, it's just the easiest form for me to post, PlanetCricket is the official forum for DBC17 and I am sure that Matt will make sure it gets here fast.

This is exciting, matt you have been authorised by ross himself to get here fast..lol.. get us some videos or screenshots first here fast..lol!! i am sure you will have a wallpaper of DBC 17 in your PC or MAC in the office, that will be enough for now..

@MattW Have you seen anyone working DBC17 for upcoming PS4.5 or PS4K:p
You do know that Matt isn't just sneaking round the office, hiding behind pot plants so nobody knows he is there? He actually works for them, employed and paid (probably toooooo much)!

On second thoughts, that might be just what he is doing, naked, with only his Lion King slippers on.......

Users who are viewing this thread