Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

We are more like an ISP, providing a server without curation of the content by ourselves.

We will take down offending material if asked to do so by the rights holder on a case by case basis, we will not do a general takedown.

We are more like an ISP, providing a server without curation of the content by ourselves.

We will take down offending material if asked to do so by the rights holder on a case by case basis, we will not do a general takedown.

I was thinking of this as more relevant to PlanetCricket in general, than to DBC specifically. But yeah - I think this is what has happened here by the looks of things - F1 just tightening the grip with their (I'm assuming) massive legal department. Cricket should be fine!

Agreed @Chief, and as more shareable elements are added to the Academy this will be less of an issue for this place ;)

It goes deeper than that: someone (people are assuming F1 but that isn't 100% known yet) got Automobilista (a really good racing game made by a small Brazilian studio, yous should all buy it if you're into sim racing games) taken off the Steam store because it has cars that were inspired by various F1 models - the physical models were based on old cars but very different in some areas and the skins were attempts at aping various F1 skins, sometimes they may have gone too far but rarely. I still have the thing in my Steam library plus the open-ish beta that they offered as a kickstarter bonus, but the future for the thing isn't helped by not being able to sell the game and the potential that they could lose a great deal of their content

The biggest issue we face is that the licensors do not understand the flow of money in the games industry.

If I had to pay what was expected by the different associations then we'd have to give up more than 300% of the gross price of the product - if I could just pay a few people off with a few bucks then we'd be fine - I blame FIFA! :)

Good to Know that :cheers thanks i hope that will add the feel factor eagerly waiting:thumbs

@BigAntStudios can you please just give a hint on the system requirements of the game? I am afraid that my GT720 GDDR5 1gb (along with amd fx 4300) might not be able to run it. I ask you coz I have to get a gift for my result and if my gt720 needs to be upgraded for the game, i can get something from the gtx series xD.

@BigAntStudios can you please just give a hint on the system requirements of the game? I am afraid that my GT720 GDDR5 1gb (along with amd fx 4300) might not be able to run it. I ask you coz I have to get a gift for my result and if my gt720 needs to be upgraded for the game, i can get something from the gtx series xD.
That card is right on the minimum requirement for Lacrosse 16. DBC17 is an enhancement on that game engine, so the minimum requirements are likely to be somewhat higher.

If you can get a better card, then you'll have a better experience. Otherwise you'd need to wait until near launch before the exact requirements for the new game can be finalised.

But for now - if anyone does not exceed the following requirements on PC - you may not be able to run DBC17:

Processor:Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5700 @ 3.00Ghz/AMD Athlon II X2 250 Processor 3.01Ghz
Graphics:Radeon HD 6670 or NVIDIA Geforce GT530 with Min 1GB Memory
RAM: 4GB or higher
DirectX:Version 10
Network:Broadband Internet connection
Storage:5 GB available space
Additional Notes:Controller Required

Again - these are the Lacrosse 16 minimum specs - and the minimum is already not an ideal way to be playing the game - you need to turn all the graphics settings to their lowest and likely lower your resolution to be able to play at a decent frame rate.

If anyone is planning an upgrade - don't just aim for the above specs - there's a 50/50 chance they won't be enough. Also - I strongly suggest comparing benchmarks when looking at minimum specs - a higher number does not always mean it performs better. There's the Technology - PlanetCricket Forums section for discussing buying PCs and getting a guide on how best to upgrade if that's an option for you.

----

In short - it is too far away from release to confirm requirements. The above is a guide only.

If I had to pay what was expected by the different associations then we'd have to give up more than 300% of the gross price of the product - if I could just pay a few people off with a few bucks then we'd be fine - I blame FIFA! :)

The price of the TV rights (particularly for the IPL I think) influences a lot of people as to how much money they expect to make - it's greatly out of whack with what a typical game brings in.

That card is right on the minimum requirement for Lacrosse 16. DBC17 is an enhancement on that game engine, so the minimum requirements are likely to be somewhat higher.

If you can get a better card, then you'll have a better experience. Otherwise you'd need to wait until near launch before the exact requirements for the new game can be finalised.

But for now - if anyone does not exceed the following requirements on PC - you may not be able to run DBC17:

Again - these are the Lacrosse 16 minimum specs - and the minimum is already not an ideal way to be playing the game - you need to turn all the graphics settings to their lowest and likely lower your resolution to be able to play at a decent frame rate.

If anyone is planning an upgrade - don't just aim for the above specs - there's a 50/50 chance they won't be enough. Also - I strongly suggest comparing benchmarks when looking at minimum specs - a higher number does not always mean it performs better. There's the Technology - PlanetCricket Forums section for discussing buying PCs and getting a guide on how best to upgrade if that's an option for you.

----

In short - it is too far away from release to confirm requirements. The above is a guide only.

is this a confirmation that the game will release on PC (or has that been confirmed previously)? Is it expected to be same date as console? If not at least this year? Can I ask more questions? Are you sure?

Users who are viewing this thread