Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Redfive

School Cricketer
Having sunk a few more hours in one thing I've really noticed (prefer batting almost exclusively, playing on Xbox):

Confidence and innings building are brilliant in this game.

In DBC 14 I felt I could play the same pace and style of innings regardless of situation, pitch type and confidence whether I was new at the crease or 150*.

Now, if I try driving early against the new ball, or fail to account for pitch hardness/grass covering etc I'm coming a cropper. Lost count of the times I've got to 20 or 30, and my own confidence hasn't been reflected in my in game player's and its cost me my wicket.

You really have to have regard for the conditions and your player's situation when selecting shots and constructing an innings.

This for me is a big leap forward in gameplay and immersion (and far more impactful on my playing than the inaccessible areas of the field - although improvement there would clearly be great).

Yet to really dip my toes in in the bowling side but a few tweaks in patches over the next few months and can't see the disc moving from my Xbox for a good while.

Xboxer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United Arab Emirates
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Was it on Career mode ? I guess not..

Driving early on for any batsman ends up edging to the slips / keeper. This is what makes it more realistic over DBC14 for me!

Such a beautiful game

Having sunk a few more hours in one thing I've really noticed (prefer batting almost exclusively, playing on Xbox):

Confidence and innings building are brilliant in this game.

In DBC 14 I felt I could play the same pace and style of innings regardless of situation, pitch type and confidence whether I was new at the crease or 150*.

Now, if I try driving early against the new ball, or fail to account for pitch hardness/grass covering etc I'm coming a cropper. Lost count of the times I've got to 20 or 30, and my own confidence hasn't been reflected in my in game player's and its cost me my wicket.

You really have to have regard for the conditions and your player's situation when selecting shots and constructing an innings.

This for me is a big leap forward in gameplay and immersion (and far more impactful on my playing than the inaccessible areas of the field - although improvement there would clearly be great).

Yet to really dip my toes in in the bowling side but a few tweaks in patches over the next few months and can't see the disc moving from my Xbox for a good while.

5hitkicker

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I just ran out of Xbox Live gold. Will Xbox live/Playstation Plus online subscriptions be required for downloading the patch?

chessmaster02

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
both you and your opposition must have the same logos downloaded for it to show up as correct, otherwise the default logo will show.
Yeah its me and my brother. And we have both downloaded the logos from the "Which teams to download thread" but it still aint working. Cleared data and redone everything 3 times already.

Users who are viewing this thread