Don Bradman Cricket 17 - Suggestions

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You would kill for a daughter like me or die trying to explain why the square peg wont fit the round hole!

In my defence the original post was edited, I think he was scared about being challenged by a girl and one as charming as me.

Was it a joke... ? Please do explain by a PM... I'm confused.

Lol about the dad thing, but please stop, just stop going on about my joke post (which is now one of my life regrets in posting it) as it is clear we are talking about 2 completely separate discussions. In a weird way I am finding this funnier than my original now pointless post :D

Sorry to everyone else for derailing thread !

D

Deleted member 46200

Lol about the dad thing, but please stop, just stop going on about my joke post (which is now one of my life regrets in posting it) as it is clear we are talking about 2 completely separate discussions. In a weird way I am finding this funnier than my original now pointless post :D

Sorry to everyone else for derailing thread !
Yes, please excuse my Dad and his onset of Alzheimer's!

But generally any suggestions for improvements can only be for DBC 19 considering there is no patch five... ?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Yes, please excuse my Dad and his onset of Alzheimer's!

But generally any suggestions for improvements can only be for DBC 19 considering there is no patch five... ?

Oh God I hope that final sentence still isn't referring to my joke post. If so I am going to start deleting posts as my sides are hurting so much I literally cannot take anymore

Oh yeah , time for my tablets....

D

Deleted member 46200

Oh God I hope that final sentence still isn't referring to my joke post. If so I am going to start deleting posts as my sides are hurting so much I literally cannot take anymore

Oh yeah , time for my tablets....
And emptying the bag...[DOUBLEPOST=1498311200][/DOUBLEPOST]
And emptying the bag...
Oh no!!! I have blonde roots...

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
And emptying the bag...[DOUBLEPOST=1498311200][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh no!!! I have blonde roots...

I really do apologise to everyone else for this surreal bout of posting. Has my original post now hit home or is this just an admission ?

D

Deleted member 46200

Being honest if there's no patch five isn't this then a dead thread... Or right said thread.... Threads dead honey, threads dead![DOUBLEPOST=1498311495][/DOUBLEPOST]
I really do apologise to everyone else for this surreal bout of posting. Has my original post now hit home or is this just an admission ?
Is this my bad... ? Apologies to all.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Being honest if there's no patch five isn't this then a dead thread... Or right said thread.... Threads dead honey, threads dead![DOUBLEPOST=1498311495][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is this my bad... ? Apologies to all.

No we are still talking about 2 separate things - I am leaving this here and back to watching women's World Cup to recover from this madness!

D

Deleted member 46200

No we are still talking about 2 separate things - I am leaving this here and back to watching women's World Cup to recover from this madness!
I'm sorry sent a PM as i'm so confused...

hiyagasriiniyavan

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
how to change gloves colors i saw in you tube there batsman wearing different colour gloves

shashwat dubey

School Cricketer
There has to be a patch 5 to improve on the following things
1. make the AI Smarter, for eg.in a test match no team will chase a score of 500+ with a run rate of 4.5/over, they will be cautious.
2. improve weather features, it always seems to be sunny, even when it is said to be overcast.
3. improve the multiplayer bug, everytime I try to play a multiplayer game everything gets censored
this changes are so very important for the game to be called a success

Last edited by a moderator:

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
There should be separate attributes for batsman against spinners and seamers
At the moment the footwork and some other attributes of the batsman against all types of bowlers are the same but realistically what I have seen in international cricket is that the asian countries have better footwork against spinners than seamers and vice versa for the countries outside asia
This will also ensure much more realistic scorecards during career modes when one country tours the other
I think many of you would agree with me on this that there are a lot of batsman in international cricket who plays seamers better than spinners and some play spinners better than seamers so the attributes cannot be same for different type of bowlers

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
There should be separate attributes for batsman against spinners and seamers
At the moment the footwork and some other attributes of the batsman against all types of bowlers are the same but realistically what I have seen in international cricket is that the asian countries have better footwork against spinners than seamers and vice versa for the countries outside asia
This will also ensure much more realistic scorecards during career modes when one country tours the other
I think many of you would agree with me on this that there are a lot of batsman in international cricket who plays seamers better than spinners and some play spinners better than seamers so the attributes cannot be same for different type of bowlers
I think the individual skills should be hidden and instead just have a set range of seven or eight 'levels' for batting and bowling which determines the skill ratings.

The ranges could be:
Legend (Bradman, Warne)
World Class (Smith, Anderson)
Experienced International (Morgan, Dhawan)
International (Bairstow, Woakes)
Experienced County
Average County
Inexperienced County
Club

Then maybe three or four strengths and weaknesses that can be selected for each individual that slightly reduce or increase skills in certain areas. They could also have a temporary impact on confidence during a match. So if a batsman is weak against spin bowling and his innings starts against spin maybe his confidence doesn't increase as quickly. Additionally if a batsman comes in against pace bowling but has a weakness against spin it could trigger the AI to bring on a spinner.

Examples, for batsman (e.g. pace bowling, spin bowling, aggressive batting, defensive batting, legside, back foot); for bowlers (hard pitch, soft pitch, swing bowling, attacking bowling, defensive bowling). You could have dozens and include types of batsman (LH, RH), types of bowlers (SLA, RFM).

One thing it would do is make for more consistent sharing across the academy and also add some variation to how batsman play.

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I think the individual skills should be hidden and instead just have a set range of seven or eight 'levels' for batting and bowling which determines the skill ratings.

The ranges could be:
Legend (Bradman, Warne)
World Class (Smith, Anderson)
Experienced International (Morgan, Dhawan)
International (Bairstow, Woakes)
Experienced County
Average County
Inexperienced County
Club

Then maybe three or four strengths and weaknesses that can be selected for each individual that slightly reduce or increase skills in certain areas. They could also have a temporary impact on confidence during a match. So if a batsman is weak against spin bowling and his innings starts against spin maybe his confidence doesn't increase as quickly. Additionally if a batsman comes in against pace bowling but has a weakness against spin it could trigger the AI to bring on a spinner.

Examples, for batsman (e.g. pace bowling, spin bowling, aggressive batting, defensive batting, legside, back foot); for bowlers (hard pitch, soft pitch, swing bowling, attacking bowling, defensive bowling). You could have dozens and include types of batsman (LH, RH), types of bowlers (SLA, RFM).

One thing it would do is make for more consistent sharing across the academy and also add some variation to how batsman play.
I think BA would also not want to add too many different attributes in creation of a player because ultimately these have to be made by the users playing the game and if they complicate things too much then some of the users might find it boring or even confusing to create players if they don't have much knowledge about a particular batsman or bowler.
Your idea of individual skills is spot on because I still think that not every spinner can bowl a doosra or a googly.
It is a unique skill of a spinner and should not be available for every bowler because even if you reduce the attributes for the doosra ball to 0 , on a crumbly wicket that bowler will still be able to bowl doosra that troubles the batsman even if it is not his forte

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I think BA would also not want to add too many different attributes in creation of a player because ultimately these have to be made by the users playing the game and if they complicate things too much then some of the users might find it boring or even confusing to create players if they don't have much knowledge about a particular batsman or bowler.
Your idea of individual skills is spot on because I still think that not every spinner can bowl a doosra or a googly.
It is a unique skill of a spinner and should not be available for every bowler because even if you reduce the attributes for the doosra ball to 0 , on a crumbly wicket that bowler will still be able to bowl doosra that troubles the batsman even if it is not his forte
What I'd like to see is just a standard set of skills for each level and then they are tweaked up and down IF you add strenghts and weaknesses. That'd allow for tweaking players if you have knowledge. Definitely would like to see doosra and googly as skills that are limited to specific bowlers.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
International Cricket Captain 2017 releases this week. It's a management style sim game for anybody that doesn't know. Criticism of the game is that each year it's nothing more than a statistics update which to be fair isn't far from the truth. Anyway, basically if Don Bradman had the attention to detail of the stats on ICC then we'd have a great game.

Users who are viewing this thread