Don Bradman Cricket PS4/Xbox One version discussion

Are you going to get the game for PS4/Xbox One?

• Yes - on PS4

Votes: 97 55.1%
  • Yes - on Xbox One

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Yes - on both

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 29.0%

• Total voters

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
How big will the install size be? I only have three games for my PS4 and already it's eaten up a quarter of my memory!

indrajeet1811

School Cricketer
Any discount or goodies for preordering it?

I'm planning to buy it digital this time since this is one game i don't plan on selling. Hope there is some sort of discount for preordering or buying it on day 1 of digital release.

Chief

Panel of Selectors

Lol. There was... an incident... Sadly they became very well known for one rather bad night a few years back when a few of their staff behaved very poorly at an industry event. I'm sure the public probably didn't register, but in the industry the name usually conjures an eye-roll.

EDIT: So no: no bad retail experience. But I've not had a bad retail experience with Amazon either, and I wouldn't make them my first choice. Trouble is your nice, local independent shop is unlikely to stock a Cricket game.

Last edited:

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm just waiting for ShopTo to stock the game but as each day passes it seems unlikely that they will. If not i'll just go with Amazon.

dontboycottme

School Cricketer
I eventually picked up db14 for ps3 at an independent games store in sheffield. The price was appallingly high for a budget product.The problem with this game is that the retail distribution is an absolute joke. Therefore very few stores, including GAME want anything to do with them. If stores can't get any stock then they can't sell them. I really don't think that whoever has been distributing DB14 has a clue what they are doing.
i am not going to pre order this game from anyone. I actually am not convinced that anyone will have stock available to ship on the release date. it is entirely possible that Amazon have the stock cornered, hence the ridiculous price.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
I eventually picked up db14 for ps3 at an independent games store in sheffield. The price was appallingly high for a budget product.The problem with this game is that the retail distribution is an absolute joke. Therefore very few stores, including GAME want anything to do with them. If stores can't get any stock then they can't sell them. I really don't think that whoever has been distributing DB14 has a clue what they are doing.
i am not going to pre order this game from anyone. I actually am not convinced that anyone will have stock available to ship on the release date. it is entirely possible that Amazon have the stock cornered, hence the ridiculous price.

I think you're barking up the wrong tree a bit: it's a very tough job for a distributor to sell this game into stores.
The issue is that retailers don't want to stock niche games on the high street: they'd rather carry larger amounts of the AAA games and dedicate a lot of space to trade-ins. This is where their biggest margins are. If they don't think they can sell a game in good volume, then they don't want to stock it: a bigger company might prefer to stock it online-only and not on the shelves.

Picking a few key retailers and offering them exclusives and/or incentives is pretty much the only way to do it, but the key thing it comes down to is numbers: last year it was a new property which struggled to make an impact: this time will be better, next time will be better still, as reputation and sales grow.

Users who are viewing this thread