Don Bradman Cricket PS4/Xbox One version discussion

Are you going to get the game for PS4/Xbox One?

• Yes - on PS4

Votes: 97 55.1%
  • Yes - on Xbox One

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Yes - on both

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 29.0%

• Total voters
Is Cricket that niche? American-Football isn't as global as cricket I would presume but there games are priced the same. The problem might be due to a small developer but then Pcars is made by a tiny developer and I think the cost will be the same as other games.

NFL would be far more popular in the gaming market though. Madden is huge in terms of popularity.

was wondering if there was an ETA on when this would be released on PSN for North America?

Thank you in advance. looking forward to the release.

This is the problem though is it not? What we need is more cricket games.

Recent history of cricket games shows having more released may not be the answer. Quality over quantity, DBC is comfortably head and shoulders above all cricket games to date. This truly is the benchmark set now. IT's clearly a hard one to work out as many have tried and failed making cricket games popular there's no set guidelines for success. But i feel DBC is turning that corner, the foundation is there to push on to bigger audiences.

My Amazon says 'Delivery Estimate Saturday' still not been shipped :noway:noway:noway
I mailed em on tues i think saying others had got their copy please ship asap!! They upgraded me free 2 1st class one day delivery:cheers:yes[DOUBLEPOST=1423779743][/DOUBLEPOST]
NFL would be far more popular in the gaming market though. Madden is huge in terms of popularity.
Yep Madden is cool. GO Skins:yes:clap

I mailed em on tues i think saying others had got their copy please ship asap!! They upgraded me free 2 1st class one day delivery:cheers:yes[DOUBLEPOST=1423779743][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yep Madden is cool. GO Skins:yes:clap
Madden is top. [HASHTAG]#GoPackGo[/HASHTAG]

Recent history of cricket games shows having more released may not be the answer. Quality over quantity, DBC is comfortably head and shoulders above all cricket games to date. This truly is the benchmark set now. IT's clearly a hard one to work out as many have tried and failed making cricket games popular there's no set guidelines for success. But i feel DBC is turning that corner, the foundation is there to push on to bigger audiences.
Even with how well DBC has been done I still don't think it has the same wide spread appeal of games like madden, nba2, fifa etc. The baseball games kind of have the same issue where for the average gamer it's not really a pick up and play action type sport and for someone who isn't really in to the game it's not much fun because they aren't good enough to actually play the game.

Even with how well DBC has been done I still don't think it has the same wide spread appeal of games like madden, nba2, fifa etc. The baseball games kind of have the same issue where for the average gamer it's not really a pick up and play action type sport and for someone who isn't really in to the game it's not much fun because they aren't good enough to actually play the game.

The thing is them games have been coming out year after year building on the past years game for about 10-15 years? Keeping their audience engaged in improvements and such, this is a 1st iteration blooming impressive 1st attempt too. Them games you mention now have fan bases that just buy it every year in habit of buying it like me i buy Fifa every year no matter what really as i know ill get hours of gaming out of it and enjoy it. It'll be the same if dbc gets into 2nd 3rd 4th versions you'll see the same thing. Every game has to start somewhere to get the loyal fan base which this has, maybe not to other games numbers but good for a 1st attempt on a limited advertising budget. Not that dbc will be a yearly release as it won't but it'll build momentum from more dbc's it releases like them games you mention.

The thing is them games have been coming out year after year building on the past years game for about 10-15 years? Keeping their audience engaged in improvements and such, this is a 1st iteration blooming impressive 1st attempt too. Them games you mention now have fan bases that just buy it every year in habit of buying it like me i buy Fifa every year no matter what really as i know ill get hours of gaming out of it and enjoy it. It'll be the same if dbc gets into 2nd 3rd 4th versions you'll see the same thing. Every game has to start somewhere to get the loyal fan base which this has, maybe not to other games numbers but good for a 1st attempt on a limited advertising budget. Not that dbc will be a yearly release as it won't but it'll build momentum from more dbc's it releases like them games you mention.
I agree with that. But I still think that while I will absolutely love the series as a die hard cricket fan if I try and get a friend to play who isn't that in to cricket they won't want to learn it where as if I get a friend who's not in to fifa or nba2k to play those games they are more of an action title and more engaging and easy to pick up for non fans.

I guess you are right though in that we don't know how the series will develop as it goes a long and this was getting off topic anyway as to why it was priced higher than competing titles.

Users who are viewing this thread