Don Bradman Cricket PS4/Xbox One version discussion

Are you going to get the game for PS4/Xbox One?

• Yes - on PS4

Votes: 97 55.1%
  • Yes - on Xbox One

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Yes - on both

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 29.0%

• Total voters
Will DBC ever end up on PSN store??? I would love to preload it before launch and start playing from day one ;)

It will be on the store for sure, timing is the key - I need to find out if it is day one or before.

Is it exactly the same, but smoother and better frame-rate? Or will there be significantly better graphics also? I hope there's enough to make your existing console generation audience want to upgrade. Surely there must be a few minor things which add up to being worth the upgrade? :)

They mentioned earlier they want to keep them the same across generations as it's still DBC14 just on a new console. I'm guessing any new features it does include will be patched into the old version.

Wondering if it means we won't see a DBC15 though and will just see DBC16 the year later?

Either way I will probably buy this again for xbox one as I've just gotten back in to it and even though it doesn't have as much features in the career mode as I would like it is still a lot of fun and still the best cricket experience around. When they do get around to DBC15/16 they really just need to update the graphics a bit and flesh out the career mode with more options/realism and it would be the game I've dreamt of for years. Big praise from me because when this game launched I was critical of the bugs and did not want to judge the game based on future promises but big ant have done a great job of fixing things up and deserve a lot of credit for their work. I'll be looking forward to this so I can unplug my 360 and free up some room on my TV unit for when I pick up a ps4. DBC14 is the only reason my 360 is still plugged in these days

So much easier capturing those amazing moments you encounter on next gen too, especially on the PS4 with the share function. :)

I look forward to the PS4 version but for me PC is still top dog due to the mods.

With the PS4 version, it will be possible to do Remote Play via the PS Vita. :)

We've even altered the controls to ensure that it plays perfectly!

Remote play is mandatory for PS4 games isn't it? Gotta sell dem Vitas. :)

When you say the controls have been altered, does this mean changes to the mechanics? Have the controls been tweaked for the new PS4 controllers maybe (I'm thinking specifically using the touchpad?)

I suspect the game is already ready and Ross is playing it in his secret testing DonCave. :p Porting a game doesnt take that much effort nowadays with PS4 architecture being so similar to a PC. So I think a preload on PSN is realistic. Any chance you can comment on the download size and price @BigAntStudios ;) I hope you price it around the same price as other Remastered games.

I suspect the game is already ready and Ross is playing it in his secret testing DonCave. :p Porting a game doesnt take that much effort nowadays with PS4 architecture being so similar to a PC. So I think a preload on PSN is realistic. Any chance you can comment on the download size and price @BigAntStudios ;) I hope you price it around the same price as other Remastered games.

Can't talk about size and price, we're not the only ones in the equation, but given today is the last day at work for the year you'd have to think we've been playing it for a quite a while ;)

I have the game on PS3 but will be looking with interest to the reaction that the PS4 version gets from players - in particular how the game plays on the Vita with remote play. Will also be great to play with/against my brother who has a PS4 but not PS3 :)

90% sure I'll buy this again!

Remote play is mandatory for PS4 games isn't it? Gotta sell dem Vitas. :)

When you say the controls have been altered, does this mean changes to the mechanics? Have the controls been tweaked for the new PS4 controllers maybe (I'm thinking specifically using the touchpad?)
It is mandatory, but thankfully the PS4 has the function effectively built in so it really doesn't require much work.

We altered the control layout for the Vita, as the back touch wasn't useful for batting (when you use aggressive more than the other two bumpers), so we put those onto the L and R bumpers and moved what is L1/LB and R1/RB onto the back touch.

Touchpad is used, but only as a button and function for the virtual keyboard.

Users who are viewing this thread