Download the Cricket Revolution Demo!

I'll reply to WHM later as I am in a library at the moment meant to be working :p But for jkartik. I got an edge in the nets with the batsman on 10 when I went for an Afridi style slog and it went sort of 1st/2nd slip region. I've also mis-timed plenty of shots, especially when trying to go over the top

also, the bowling cursor is too fast with the ball speed being too slow.

I agree and hope this gets addressed in the final version. The fast bowlers are not fast at all.
Did anyone notice any significant difference when comparing their speeds with medium pacers?

That is not a good thing in my book. If you need to memorise 34 shots to even play on easy, then the control structure is ill thought out

The comment you are responding too is completely misleading, you certainly dont have to memorise all those shots, just the basics, forward/backward defence, straight drive, ondrive etc, the rest of the shots will come with practise as with all games...

I'll reply to WHM later as I am in a library at the moment meant to be working :p But for jkartik. I got an edge in the nets with the batsman on 10 when I went for an Afridi style slog and it went sort of 1st/2nd slip region. I've also mis-timed plenty of shots, especially when trying to go over the top

you were a beta tester ?

the bowling cursor is too fast with the ball speed being too slow

With the bowling cursor you will notice that it moves more quickly for fast bowlers than it does for the medium pacers, same for spin which is the easiest to manouvre, this is too represent the bowlers different strengths ie: fast bowlers will be less accurate because it's harder to control. Also bowler skill is taken into account I think but could be mistaken.
I get the feeling a lot of people are going to be pleasantly surprised when this game is released

With the bowling cursor you will notice that it moves more quickly for fast bowlers than it does for the medium pacers, same for spin which is the easiest to manouvre, this is too represent the bowlers different strengths ie: fast bowlers will be less accurate because it's harder to control. Also bowler skill is taken into account I think but could be mistaken.
I get the feeling a lot of people are going to be pleasantly surprised when this game is released

i disagree. it doesnt matter whether you start your run-up from the boundary
or near the crease.....its all about rhythm and what your comfortable with.

likewise, being a spinner doesnt mean you'll be more accurate than the quickies.
on the contrary, leg spin requires far more control and accuracy than pacers.

There's nothing to disagree with mate, thats how it is set up, I never mentioned anything about run ups.

If you have read the player guide on their website you would have seen that it states that fast bowlers are more difficult to control

There's nothing to disagree with mate, thats how it is set up, I never mentioned anything about run ups.

If you have read the player guide on their website you would have seen that it states that fast bowlers are more difficult to control

ok....but isnt that a flawed system then ?

ok....but isnt that a flawed system then ?

I wouldn't say its flawed but its not perfect either, but it should prevent people spamming the same spot. I had big issue's with it to begin with but after a while I got used to it, it's no different to when I used to play EA07 on the keyboard, just that its a bit harder to control.
At the end of the day I'm willing to give every cricket game a chance as I will yours, and this, although it has a different approach has grabbed me far more than codemaster's kiddie effort.

URGHHHH.. why the hell do cricket fans have to be so needy! they are worse than girls! Everything has to be right for you lot, can't you just be happy there are about 4 cricket games on the market now?

Rafey has been saying this is primarily for online gaming, but apparently all the games have to be super complete packages for cricket. Cricket fans are now gonna be spolit for choice with games so can't we just play what we have instead of just bloudy complaining every time a new one comes on the market?

Played the demo, only did some batting though and I quite like what I saw, I enjoyed playing with the batsmen and thought he played the shots well.. had a bit of a problem with the forward defensive. It's more of a dhoni-esque prod forward than forward defensive and I've never really rated dhoni as a batsmen.

To the PC guys, you are actually being far OTT with the negativity and it makes you wonder how much the transmission guys have given you, is this why the site hasn't crashed recently? Rafey actually comes and comments quite a lot here so is being more interactive than the Transmission guys anyway. You were so positive about Ashes Cricket 09 and now you have thrown it all back in Rafey's face.

Okay maybe a net session wasn't an ideal demo but it does the job. If it's primarily an online game why do you need a 5 over test demo to see what the AI is like?

I wouldn't say its flawed but its not perfect either, but it should prevent people spamming the same spot. I had big issue's with it to begin with but after a while I got used to it, it's no different to when I used to play EA07 on the keyboard, just that its a bit harder to control.
At the end of the day I'm willing to give every cricket game a chance as I will yours, and this, although has a different approach has grabbed me far more than codemaster's kiddie effort.

my point here is to know your audience.know your strengths and weaknesses.

now, this game gave the impression of a casual and fun online experience.
if it turns out to be hard, then i'll be disappointed.

I imagine you have enough gaming experience behind you to be alright mate, plus once you are online a lot of it will depend on the strength of your opponent surely?

You never know you might even get to face me!!:p:laugh

Users who are viewing this thread