Download the Cricket Revolution Demo!

In regards to the placement metre, think of it as the angle of the bat face, so that untouched a straight drive would hit the ball straight, but moving it up a couple of clicks would mean that the ball would go slightly more to the offside( for a right handed batsmen). I imagine moving it up or down too much would increase the chances of edging the ball too as you wouldn't be hitting the ball with the full face of the bat.

In regards to the placement metre, think of it as the angle of the bat face, so that untouched a straight drive would hit the ball straight, but moving it up a couple of clicks would mean that the ball would go slightly more to the offside( for a right handed batsmen). I imagine moving it up or down too much would increase the chances of edging the ball too as you wouldn't be hitting the ball with the full face of the bat.
That's an interesting way of explaining how it works.

Placement does not increase the chances of producing an edge or anything. The shot you play stays exactly the same, except that it changes it's direction by a few degrees.

Not a slog-a-thon. Guaranteed 101%. Playing in the nets is so much different then playing online or even offline. Good way to practice all the shots but no way to judge the game based on it

So how am I supposed to get any feel for the game from the demo? The point of the demo being to "sell" the game to people, and then they just let us use the nets. Might as well not have bothered with a demo, certainly doesn't help me make a decision on buying it. It's a pretty poor business model, like going in to a supermarket and finding one of those food stalls, and instead of tasters of the product, they just let you look at the packaging and smell it. It's just daft.

From what I played in the nets, it felt very arcadey too.

So how am I supposed to get any feel for the game from the demo? The point of the demo being to "sell" the game to people, and then they just let us use the nets. Might as well not have bothered with a demo, certainly doesn't help me make a decision on buying it. It's a pretty poor business model, like going in to a supermarket and finding one of those food stalls, and instead of tasters of the product, they just let you look at the packaging and smell it. It's just daft.

From what I played in the nets, it felt very arcadey too.
It's an online-focussed game so I guess if there was a single player demo people would base all their opinions on the AI which would not be the right thing to do.

At least this game is better than Ashes Cricket 2009, which is holding with its grubby fingers onto PlanetCricket's support.

I don't like the animations seem quite sluggish the pace of everything is too slow and the graphics are quite poor.

I prefer Ashes 09 but that's just my opinion.

It's an online-focussed game so I guess if there was a single player demo people would base all their opinions on the AI which would not be the right thing to do.

At least this game is better than Ashes Cricket 2009, which is holding with its grubby fingers onto PlanetCricket's support.

Why not a multi-player demo of say a 5-over match?

^Agree with Sureshot multi player demo would have been nice to tell how is the game,Perhaps if they can add it at the moment approximately in next 1 or 2 week 's it can really force the fan 's to but this game.

Just played the demo and here's what I feel:

Cons:
- Graphics suck (but so do the graphics of AC09).
- Could not make much of the animation as gameplay is limited to nets. The batsman moving around the crease is funny. Almost reminds me of the aliens in District 9 :)
- Keyboard controls can be annoying at times. There's got to be an easier, more intuitive way.

Pros:
- Batting feels awesome.
- Sound of the bat on ball is sweet
- Online multi-player

Bottom-line, I'll buy it to show support to a group of guys who seem to be as crazy about cricket as I am (and also to keep listening to that sweet sound of bat on ball :)

Their will be changes in game that is why I think full demo was not released.

Is it just me, or do the slog shots remind you of MS Dhoni? :spy

Jesus i was just going to say that really it is same as Dhoni 's helicopter shot.:spy

I'll be negative, graphics are mediocre at best, with very low quality textures, the controls are completely unintuitive and that bowling cursor is a pain.

I'll buy it, because it is really cheap and is a cricket game, but really needs a huge control rethink to get somewhere. Perhaps if the demo actually involved a match I might be able to say something positive about the AI, but as it stands, there is nothing good about the game besides really snappy loading times.

I am sure AI will not disappoint

Jesus i was just going to say that really it is same as Dhoni 's helicopter shot.:spy

Yeah, huge backlift and beastly swing. :spy

IMO, the feel of the game is a lot better than other cricket games I have played. I really enjoy the batting, it actually feels like I am timing the ball properly and the ball comes nicely onto the bat.

I'm really liking the 34shots. You can put your own stamp on it as well with the different categories of shots. Midwicket Slog FTW!

Users who are viewing this thread