Dravid fined for ball tampering

Remember an aussie or an english player calling sanathjayasuriya a black monkey

Yes Lehman racially abused a Sri Lankan player. And he got a huge ban for it..... what's your point there? I thought you were trying to prove the ICC was racist?

Andrew i was just saying that it wasnt and England player or nether Australia it was just Darren Lehman cause that Adi guy didnt know

he wasn't pouring any acid on the ball...
he was just rubbing the ball and wasn't tampering with the shape of the ball as clive lloyd said
i have seen many players using saliva to shine the ball isn't saliva a froeign body?

i think 50% fine is fair enough even though it was an accident.

Originally posted by nikhilverma@Jan 21 2004, 11:51 AM
i have seen many players using saliva to shine the ball isn't saliva a froeign body?
So you think that saliva is a foreign substance..... so what is that liquid that is naturally produced by my mouth then?

i think 50% fine is fair enough even though it was an accident.
I don't think. If that was a case then he should immidiatly go to the umpires telling them what happened and ask the umpires to change the ball if possible. ;) -_- <_< :angry:

Originally posted by andrew_nixon79+Jan 21 2004, 08:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(andrew_nixon79 @ Jan 21 2004, 08:38 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-nikhilverma
@Jan 21 2004, 11:51 AM
So you think that saliva is a foreign substance..... so what is that liquid that is naturally produced by my mouth then? [/b]
well the ball doesn't produce it's own salive humans do and hence for the ball it is a foreign body
actually everything could change the shape of the ball

now see

a hard hit by a batsman would change the shape of the ball or just a drop of jelly form a player's mouth!
that peice of jelly wouldn't have changed the shape of the ball as much as other things

I'm sorry, but you are beginning to sound a bit silly here..... there is a big difference between saliva and a throat lozenge. Saliva is a substance that is always present on the cricket field, so players shine the ball with it. A throat lozenge is not always on the cricket field and therefore by using it Dravid was gaining an unfair advantage. It's quite simple.

Originally posted by andrew_nixon79@Jan 22 2004, 12:13 AM
I'm sorry, but you are beginning to sound a bit silly here..... there is a big difference between saliva and a throat lozenge. Saliva is a substance that is always present on the cricket field, so players shine the ball with it. A throat lozenge is not always on the cricket field and therefore by using it Dravid was gaining an unfair advantage. It's quite simple.
what unfair advantage? can some caugh lozenge affect the ball and make it swing?? if yes then so can a chewing gum!

Chewing gum prolly can, because there is more weight one side of the ball :lol:

Yes Chewing Gum can and yesterday Wasim Akram said(at the cricket show) that even a thing like mint can make the ball shinier thus helping in getting swing(orthodox).
He said that it is being done in county cricket for more than a decade.

And andrew do u remeber the Dennis incident.He took half the Indian side out.
Sourav has always been on the wrong side of things .Though sometimes he did deserve it some of them were harsh.

but still 50% was too harsh they should have just given him a warning

What about 'saw dust' is that a foriegn object?....players use that to help grip the ball so thats an advantage. But how come thats not banned?

Users who are viewing this thread