Dubstep, house, trance!

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Pretty much every song now has some kind of Dub beat to it, or failing that a DnB metal riff to it.

I remember going to a rave, being in a world of my own, going mental to some serious basslines, all the while surrounded by other people having the best night of their lives.

Now, most raves are full of some knobs who want a mosh or a fight, 16 year old kids so fried chickened on god knows what that they're just stumbling around the club looking like they've just been told the lunch break is an extra 30minutes long and their homework has all been cancelled.

When I was 16 and I wanted a mosh, I went to a bleedin' rock club, not a rave!!!

----------

Oh, and good shout with Datsik. Unfortunately, unless you've got some nice speakers, nothing on youtube really does his baselines justice :)

Come to Australia and go to stereosonic or raves in Australia. I know some people that go to to them (I'm not 18 yet) and they haven't seen a single fight and it's just filled with high people trying to have a good time :P

2black2good

School Cricketer
Couldn't be bothered posting videos but I dig the following artists:

Burial (I rate his debut album as the best dubstep album ever)
Vex'd
Distance
Kryptic Minds
Pinch
James Blake
Untold
Actress

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pretty much every song now has some kind of Dub beat to it, or failing that a DnB metal riff to it.

I remember going to a rave, being in a world of my own, going mental to some serious basslines, all the while surrounded by other people having the best night of their lives.

Now, most raves are full of some knobs who want a mosh or a fight, 16 year old kids so flinged on god knows what that they're just stumbling around the club looking like they've just been told the lunch break is an extra 30minutes long and their homework has all been cancelled.

When I was 16 and I wanted a mosh, I went to a bleedin' rock club, not a rave!!!

----------

Oh, and good shout with Datsik. Unfortunately, unless you've got some nice speakers, nothing on youtube really does his baselines justice :)

I guess England is no different to Australia deep down.. The same happens over here. Fresh 18yos with no idea on what a good time is go to these raves and ruin them with their deathpits and moshing.

Shits me to tears! If you want to mosh and create a deathpit, go to a damn Slipknot concert. Let us enjoy the music and rave out without smashing into eachother?

Seriously, I hate going out these days to dub or d'n'b gigs.. too many tossers.

Datsik was incredible when he came to Perth, played at the most stingiest, smallest club in town but has a great sound system.. Absolutely killed it!

@cricketdude.. Wait till you go to a stereosonic or a summadayze or any of those gigs. There are always fights, drunk tossers and ??????s 'too high' on the good stuff that ruin it. Gigs aren't fun anymore!

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I had a really good night on New Years, because the ticket prices were so extortionate that the crowd was definitely older and wiser.

Datsik in a small club with a pumping sound system? I imagine it was killed, reanimated, and killed again :cheers

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Just started listening to Avicii and tbh, I really like it, not over the top with the dubstep like some are these days.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
I am not the biggest fan. But my friend makes Dubstep beats, which are sick. Not quite at skrillex level though

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
What my bestfreind mate. Wait for the drop. Tell me what you think...

Last edited by a moderator:

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
Avicii is subpar live. Saw him at Austin Music Hall earlier this year and it was a waste of $50.
I can't wait till he comes to Toronto though...tiesto was here on boxing day...can't believe his tickets were 80 bucks...ended up not going :P

Users who are viewing this thread