GOLF EA Sports PGA Tour

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
More info.

EA SPORTS™ PGA TOUR™ Community FAQs​

I thought this was interesting:

"The 2023 major courses including Oak Hill, Los Angeles Country Club, Royal Liverpool as well as Olympia Fields as a part of the FedExCup series and Marco Simone for the Ryder Cup will be released prior to each major championship.

We will also be releasing updates alongside golf’s biggest moments like The Majors, FedExCup and Ryder Cup with compelling new content tied to current and historic golf moments for players to enjoy. "

I was hoping that meant that the Ryder Cup was in the game, but I don't think it does.

disco123

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
More info.

"The 2023 major courses including Oak Hill, Los Angeles Country Club, Royal Liverpool as well as Olympia Fields as a part of the FedExCup series and Marco Simone for the Ryder Cup will be released prior to each major championship.

We will also be releasing updates alongside golf’s biggest moments like The Majors, FedExCup and Ryder Cup with compelling new content tied to current and historic golf moments for players to enjoy. "

I was hoping that meant that the Ryder Cup was in the game, but I don't think it does.
Interesting, I wonder how a Ryder cup would work gameplay wise , and the fact they mention it gives us hope !

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
More info.

I have found over the years not to get too excited by releases claiming to have this that and the other as there is always most certainly a catch. Clauses and T&C's are always shrink wrapped with limitations. If the Ryder cup was entwinned with an in-depth career mode then this would be a major selling point and one facet that would drive interest but I feel it wont be and just standalone but, we can hope? Can we?

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Took a bit of time to get into but getting a handle on it.Even on the easiest levels it can be unforgiving.Was rubbish on augusta with ian poulter but did better with scottie on pebble beach at one point got to -3 but finished 2 over.
Certainly has the old tiger woods games vibe.Much more involved and technical that pga 2k23 from what i can see and also pretty heavy on my laptop.Probably the first game that i haven't been able to turn up to max and 60fps .
That said when the 10 hr trial finishes i will only buy it once its reduced.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Interesting to read the posts on here. I enjoy golf games, used to have a fairly active society on the last few 2K releases, so played plenty of hours on there.

I like sim golf, so minimal hud, scout cam off, all that. From the snippets of content I saw pre-release, the ability to turn all the typical "Tiger" stuff off was there, the power boost and instant hole in one heat seeker shot arcade nonsense. If it has the ability to deliver solid sim golf, I may end up getting it. A lack of course designer makes me cautious, though. Going down the EA Sports DLC route is never enjoyable.

Was interested to see the posts on the Ryder Cup as well. I can't imagine that the Ryder Cup will be in the game, it reads more like "we'll have the course it's on for you to use, and we'll do some content on it around the time" rather than "You'll be able to play the Ryder Cup." Though I agree, having the Ryder Cup as part of a detailed career would be awesome.

disco123

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
How’s everyone doing who has bought this game , is it better than 2k , I read it is different, career mode more substantial, planning my strategy on purchasing, as we have cricket and rugby games expected quite soon as well…

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Firstly have to say after the game is much smoother after update have everything on high or ultra and unrestricted fps on pc.
The actual game is difficult I have all the settings on easy and to make par on a hole is an achievement but i am generally useless at games anyway though that doesn't stop me playing.Its different to to 2k this is less pick up and play.I probably should have started with the lower tours than going straight to the pga tour.Will do that next time i play.Its a hard learning curve and i have had many putting disasters where it goes from one end of the green to the other and back and i have no control.Never had this type of thing with 2k.In career mode on 2k you can just play the last round here you have the option of a few holes on each day or playing the entire round from day one.The commentary is extremely repetitve but no one buys the games for that.2k costs a fraction of the price but you can get 10 hrs on the ea game if you get subscribe to ea play for a month for a few quid .I don't play proper golf so can't say how authenic it is and if the physics are bang on or not.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
How’s everyone doing who has bought this game , is it better than 2k , I read it is different, career mode more substantial, planning my strategy on purchasing, as we have cricket and rugby games expected quite soon as well…
At some point I will join EA Play for a month to get my 10 hours of free play, but yes, there are several games coming up this year, including cricket, rugby and tennis. Obviously hoping they'll all be worthwhile. This game is on my buy-when-on-sale list.

Users who are viewing this thread