Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Lastly this gem from Tendulkar against Pakistan in 1999 in Chennai. Chasing a target of 271 to win in the 4th innings, India were in the doldrums against one of the best bowling attacks of recent times comprising of Akram, Younis and Saqlain Mushtaq. Only one top order batsman got into double figure scores - Dravid who got 10. The rest of the scorecard read like a phone book - Ramesh - 5, Laxman - 0, Dravid - 10, Azhar - 7, Ganguly - 2. Tendulkar kept battling however, the ever lone ranger in the 90s for India, and scored a remarkable 136, with Mongia blocking up one end to a fighting 52. Even after Mongia fell, Tendulkar batted with the tail to bring the score to 254, needing just 17 runs for the win and that is when he finally got out. Still Tendulkar had brought India to the brink of a win that seemed impossible just a few hrs ago. India's score when he got out was 254/7. Sure the tail would complete the victory ... sadly it wasn;t to be as the tail could add only 5 more runs and India lost the match by 12 runs. Still it was an epic innings.
This truly was an absolute gem of an innings. Although thankfully Pakistan won at the end.

PokerAce

Banned
^Interesting vid, as I didn't remember him getting a 100 on that tour. I remember him getting a 47 in the first innings 1st test, with Azhar getting a 100. Then the second test I remember for Dravid 100 in both innings.

grkrama

National Board President
S

Satan666

For all those Haters. That's why he is "God Of Cricket". Respect

See you come in and destroy the spirit of this thread. I can post videos of Sachin cheating but would refrain from doing so. Again he may be your god but in cricket there are no gods. I respect your beliefs as ludicrous they may be so please respect those of us who refuse to refer to an immortal man as a god.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
See you come in and destroy the spirit of this thread. I can post videos of Sachin cheating but would refrain from doing so. Again he may be your god but in cricket there are no gods. I respect your beliefs as ludicrous they may be so please respect those of us who refuse to refer to an immortal man as a god.

There is a difference between "God of Cricket" & "God of Humans". I clearly mentioned the earlier.

grkrama

National Board President
Sachin 116 at MCG 1999 rated best by Dravid, one of sachin's captain's knock.

*video is shaky but its the best i could find.

Full credit to the uploaders for the vids.

PokerAce

Banned
What is so important about getting a 100 at Lord's? Also a lot of people forget that on the 99 Tour To Australia, despite India losing 3-0, Tendulkar was the Man of teh Series. It was pretty much a one man show that tour for India.

grkrama

National Board President
What is so important about getting a 100 at Lord's? Also a lot of people forget that on the 99 Tour To Australia, despite India losing 3-0, Tendulkar was the Man of teh Series. It was pretty much a one man show that tour for India.

Its being mentioned in the Hall of fame at the home of cricket, plus playing on the slope pitch of lord is supposed to be tough though i dont think either lara , srt or ponting would have had trouble with that but still didn't get a century there, incidentally Agarkar has one there :D

PokerAce

Banned
Its being mentioned in the Hall of fame at the home of cricket, plus laying on the slopy pitch of lord is supposed to be tough though i dont think either lara , srt or ponting would have had trouble with that but still didnt get a centruy there, incidently agarkar has one there :D

The standards are weird. I mean for instance a Sub-Continent batsman has to score outside sub-continent to be considered good. As if playing Spin is a piece of cake. if batting in the sub-continent is so fking easy, why doesn't everyone average 150 here.

A sub-continent batsman if he doesnt average well abraod is not considered a good batsman. Ponting averages 42 in Asia, no one holds that against him.

Not related to the topic I know, but thought I should mention it any way :)

grkrama

National Board President
Young brash sachin in 92 WC, no centuries there but quite a few half centuries with a MOTM against pak

PokerAce

Banned

His First Ever ODI 100, came 4 years after his first test 100, in 1994. In the following 4 years he got ODI 100s for fun, and broke the then record for most 100s in ODIs.

grkrama

National Board President
yup after that first century he just piled it on in odi's, the next 96 WC he was the top scorer with 523 runs

Users who are viewing this thread