Earth Hour

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well the conclusion we come at is that, there is no way 1 person or 1,000 people can make a BIG impact on "Global warming", It only comes down to some stuff like government policies (which are really effective), etc..

Apart from that, most of the people tent to believe it is a natural process, while in 3rd world countries majority don't even know global warming, but they don't need to anyways, as they have very limited supply to their homes.

The thing about global warming is debatable though.

http://www.tamug.edu/labb/images/97 CO2 by countries 3.gif

erm! America, please!

10 years out of date, Usy!

China and India will have increased big time in the 10 years since.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I'll support Earth Hour, in fact I'll turn my lights out for 2 hours on Saturday.

2am thru 4am seems as good a time as any ;)

usy

Chairman of Selectors
What next?

ICC ban day/night matches to save energy?

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
I back earth hour and he said I 'dont want refferals for this' I didnt know what they were and thought he may tell me

A refferal is when you reccommend someone to a site and when they sign up they put you as their "Refferer" to say that you reccommended them. When signing up this option is generally optional.

On topic and I can't really see the point of this idea, as it won't save much as SS pointed out earlier. Of course it's a good cause but there isn't going to be a life changing change.

Sureshot

Executive member
Not Really. Last decade has been stable. Population bomb exploded before 1990's.

The graph was about Carbon emissions, which in the case of exporting goods like coal and steel isn't relative to population.

Nothing to be proud of Usy.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
is google kidding me on ??

"We've turned the lights out. Now it's your turn - Earth Hour"

usy

Chairman of Selectors
everybody on the internet knows it already...

The Majestic

Club Cricketer
Well in any event I am turning the lights out tonight, if you don't well that's your choice :) I thought I would share with you the Earth Hour info and well if you decided to supported well and good if not I was going to harp on about it.

:)

Ibitmybut

School Cricketer
It's not so much about saving energy for one hour, it's more about increasing the awareness of Global Warming and it's effect on the environment today.
If you do not wish to contribute to this gloval movement then it is your own choice, and to those of you mocking it you should have a good hard think about your future and the futures of your children/grandchildren.

I for one am going to certainly participate in this as I wish to participate in this global movement, but if you do not wish to it's your decision.

ivanvdm15

International Cricketer
Here in SA we have it every second day , but we don't have the choice they just shut off the power and then we cant use any thing , stupid South Africa goverment :(

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Had it finish an hour ago. We forgot about it until 8:10 but then turned it off and only turned it back on when we needed to go to the toilet. Lights are still off now and it's 10pm.

Users who are viewing this thread