Editing EA Cricket 2000

duffarama

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Would Cricket 2000 patches/graphics etc work with Cricket '99 World Cup because they are basically the same game.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
duffarama said:
Would Cricket 2000 patches/graphics etc work with Cricket '99 World Cup because they are basically the same game.
I'd guess, why? Do you have C'99?

duffarama

Chairman of Selectors
Thanks sid and zorax.
I don't have Cricket '99, but my friend still does and he plays it from time to time.
If something does get released regarding this game, I might as well test it on both versions.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
The saved games are saved in one giant .GAME file, so we now know what that for...

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Heres what we know so far:

1)The large ICD file most likely contains the graphics for the game, such as kits, adboards, the bat, etc.
2)Saved games are stored in the .GAME file, so if we can crackthat, we could edit World Cup fixtures, etc.
3)Commentary is stored in two files-commentary and Play-by-play, and are in .CAA format.
4)There are 4 files for each team-wcf, wcl, wcs, wct. Presumabley one is the batting lineup, one bowling order, and one player charateristics. The fourth one is unknown, and there are 10 teams with this, and 12 ingame.
5)There are three extra files, venues.wcv(venues), weather.wcw(weather and pitch conditions), 5555?.cff(unknown). There are also two .DAT files called base_catch_data and base_field_grid, most likely the files for the fields.

sid_19840

International Coach
good work zorax,Im having really busy times lately,pl forgive me,as soon as i have some free time ill start working on it.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I guess this is going nowhere fast, so I hearby promise to bump this every alternate day!

usy

Chairman of Selectors
great if i can help i will ... love the fun play game

Last edited:

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Ok, I am reviving this.
I have discovered some stuff:

1) Graphics are stored in .PAF (Batsmen, Bowlers, Fielders and Umpires), .PGF (I think it is the clothes, hats/glasses and hair), and .TCA (Stadiums and Ball/Bat/Stumps/Sky and the pictures which you see when editing field formations)
2) Textures for the stadiums, pitch, outfield, crowd, menus and even a few fielder/umpire textures are also available in .CAZ format.
3) Commentary is in .CAA format
4) Replays which have been saved (While playing a game, you can save replays you like) are in an odd .REPLAY format. They probably can only be played by the game application.
5) Lineups (I think) are stored in .WCF, .WCS, .WCL and .WCT.
6) Custom fields are stored in .CFF
7) There are 4 files which seem interesting - pitch.wcv, venues.wcv, weather.wcw, extra.wcx. I think these are just the options which are available before you start a game (You can select pitch, weather, venue, match length, etc.)
8) There are several animation files for menus and stuff.
9) Loading screens are in .LBM format
10) Menu screens are in .CAZ
11) Sound effects are in .CAA
12) There is a 'gfx' folder with a variety of files in it(Including .LBM, .SPR and .OFF)
13) There is a 'play_by_play' folder inculding a large number of .CAA files

Any idea on where I can find AI, or does editing the AI involve editing the .EXE (Ala BLIC)??
Also, I am interested in editing the team lineups, but I don't have the foggies how to. Could anyone help?

Last edited:

usy

Chairman of Selectors
yup should be at older games forum.

Users who are viewing this thread