Editing EA Cricket 2000

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
duffarama said:
I've never made a cricket game patch myself, so I guess this is a good place to start. :)

I have never made it too.And I would like to start here also.
however, I don't have c2000.but getting it is no problem ;)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Great! :)
First, lets do the lineups. Check what I posted on the previous page. They should be located in the C:\Program Files\EA Sports\Cricket 2000\data file.

Also, I have taken a few videos for those who are interested in what this game is. Only problem is, they are a tad large. So I'll email them to you if you want.

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
ZoraxDoom said:
Great! :)
First, lets do the lineups. Check what I posted on the previous page. They should be located in the C:\Program Files\EA Sports\Cricket 2000\data file.

Also, I have taken a few videos for those who are interested in what this game is. Only problem is, they are a tad large. So I'll email them to you if you want.
why don't u compress them?
try using x264 or xvid types compression.they are very good and better than divx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X264

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
ZoraxDoom said:
I put them into .Zip files if that is what you mean :)
Still 70,000+ KB though...
no!
.zip file hardly achieve compression ration less tahn 99%!

try going to the above link, and find out converters for x264 codec.install them and convert your video file to x264.
I think going for .wmv codecs would be lot easier for u to start.
Use this encoder
http://www.blazemp.com/mpeg_encoder_software.htm
or
http://www.virtualdub.org/

If u face any problems ask it away.

tell me the format in which these video files are, and I can help u more.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I dunnow which format they are in, sorry.
And I'll try those links...

EDIT: Yup, I have no clue on them :(

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
My Cricket World Cup 99 CD is surprisingly still intact as you can see by the picture. ;)

I will create patches when my Cricket 2000 CD arrives, Zorax! :)

Last edited:

duffarama

Chairman of Selectors
Skateboarder said:
My Cricket World Cup 99 CD is surprisingly still intact as you can see by the picture. ;)

I will create patches when my Cricket 2000 CD arrives, Zorax! :)
You are bloody hilarious Lee. Or maybe I should call you Mr.Copycat. ;)

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
duffarama said:
You are bloody hilarious Lee. Or maybe I should call you Mr.Copycat. ;)
he wasn't showing off duff.:p

P.S. I am having problems getting c2000 :(, however I will get it.

and zorax, if u can't convert them, then zip and send them.

Ritwik

co-founder
Why the hell you guys are so keen to get cricket 2000? It is a bloody useless game, trust me. It doesn't have test matches, there is no variety of strokes, bowling is worthless, and I am not sure whether it even has autoplay or not. The graphics are crap, I don't think there is any commentary, the music and sound effects are crap - in sum total it is one of the worst commercial games (cricket or otherwise) of all time, surpassed in terms of lack of content and gameplay only by Cricket World Cup 99. All cricket 2000 did was to add left handed batsman (yeah, CWC 99 was missing them!), a few more venues, night mode and that's about it. It is a BROKEN game.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Ritwik said:
Why the hell you guys are so keen to get cricket 2000? It is a bloody useless game, trust me. It doesn't have test matches, there is no variety of strokes, bowling is worthless, and I am not sure whether it even has autoplay or not. The graphics are crap, I don't think there is any commentary, the music and sound effects are crap - in sum total it is one of the worst commercial games (cricket or otherwise) of all time, surpassed in terms of lack of content and gameplay only by Cricket World Cup 99. All cricket 2000 did was to add left handed batsman (yeah, CWC 99 was missing them!), a few more venues, night mode and that's about it. It is a BROKEN game.
A) It has a larger variety of strokes than C2004. It has:
The cut
Late cut
Off drive
Lofted over midoff
Straight smash
Drive through midon
Straight drive
Sweep
Reverse Sweep
Hook
Pull Paddle
Flick off the hips
Flick off the legs
Pull through midwicket (It is a different shot, trust me. I has a whole different animation)
Nudge to midwicket
And a variety of defensive shots.

The physics are also by far the best there is. There is no 'pre-planned' placements of such. The ball can literally and does go anywhere depending on the swing, seam, cut of the ball and the timing of the stroke, as well as the line and length.

The graphics are more than adequate. There gameplay is simple and you can swing/seam/cut the ball and the batting is fun as above.

There is commentary and music, and they are better/as good as any other EA game!

Content may be less, just ODIs, but there is a good gameplay engine with promise. Sure SLA bowlers may turn out to be LM bowlers, and you can't save a game anytime you want, and it may crash occasionaly from time-to-time, but is is still a good game! The AI is crap, and that is what I want to fix. Also, the lineups are out-of-date and fairly incorrect. Just need to fix that too.

Ritwik

co-founder
More gameplay and fun batting ? lol

As far as I can remember, you could just head to the pitch of the ball and use both the mouse buttons simultenously to belt every ball for six.

kuttakumar

International Coach
Ritwik said:
More gameplay and fun batting ? lol

As far as I can remember, you could just head to the pitch of the ball and use both the mouse buttons simultenously to belt every ball for six.

Hey I used to do that as well:).
Anyway, there are many people aiming to make their first patches. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread