Editing Tier 1 Players

Hi all

Really appreciate all the awesome content everyone contributes - not sure I’d be able to play the game without it.

I was wondering if anyone could help - I know some of the real players that can be downloaded allow you to edit the equipment etc even though they are licensed players. Being able to change shoes and gloves but keeping the official play face makes a huge difference. Would anyone be able to explain how to do this? I know @Llewelynf has several recreations where this is possible

Thanks

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
From what I can see there's little consistency to it. Most licensed players you can only edit the bat, a few you can edit everything and one or two you can't edit anything at all (ie Abrar Ahmed).

cam2709

School Cricketer
thanks for your reply.
It seems as though some of the academy creations have find a solution where the downloaded player still has the licensed face but you can then edit them completely. (almost as if the player was not licensed)

I was wondering how those creators had managed to do that? As an example I downloaded the Hardik Pandya from Llewelyn and I am able to edit all his equipment, give him a popped colour, arm sleeves etc.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
thanks for your reply.
It seems as though some of the academy creations have find a solution where the downloaded player still has the licensed face but you can then edit them completely. (almost as if the player was not licensed)

I was wondering how those creators had managed to do that? As an example I downloaded the Hardik Pandya from Llewelyn and I am able to edit all his equipment, give him a popped colour, arm sleeves etc.
Once a link is created for a player, if you unlink them you can edit them quite extensively like hair colour, equipment, body size and tattoos, personality traits etc. It creates a copy though, it's not the original licensed player. I do this as a workaround for a lot of the player issues.

cam2709

School Cricketer
Once a link is created for a player, if you unlink them you can edit them quite extensively like hair colour, equipment, body size and tattoos, personality traits etc. It creates a copy though, it's not the original licensed player. I do this as a workaround for a lot of the player issues.
Thanks Llewelyn that is really help - and goes a long way to improving the realism. If you don't mind me asking - how do you create a linked version of a particular in the first place? I wanted to try and do it from some of the players not shared on the community? (Would also be good to know in advance of them releasing the photogrammetry of the Pakistan team soon)

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Thanks Llewelyn that is really help - and goes a long way to improving the realism. If you don't mind me asking - how do you create a linked version of a particular in the first place? I wanted to try and do it from some of the players not shared on the community? (Would also be good to know in advance of them releasing the photogrammetry of the Pakistan team soon)

If you edit an on-disk version of a licensed player a link is formed between said player and the edits you made.

cam2709

School Cricketer
If you edit an on-disk version of a licensed player a link is formed between said player and the edits you made.
thanks Bevab. Just to confirm - if I were to take say Kagiso Rabada and edit his skills or proficiencies, it would create a linked version. If I were to unlink that version I would be able to edit the equipment etc of that copy it creates? the reason I ask is because when I tried to do this it didn't work, it seems it only works with licensed players I download from the community - I may just be doing something wrong though. Apologies if this is the case.

Bevab

Staff Member
thanks Bevab. Just to confirm - if I were to take say Kagiso Rabada and edit his skills or proficiencies, it would create a linked version. If I were to unlink that version I would be able to edit the equipment etc of that copy it creates? the reason I ask is because when I tried to do this it didn't work, it seems it only works with licensed players I download from the community - I may just be doing something wrong though. Apologies if this is the case.

Yeah you’re right, I was mistaken. Let me see if there’s another way.

cam2709

School Cricketer
Thanks Bevab - I have tried a bunch of different ideas over the last couple of days but haven't had any luck.
@Llewelynf would you be able to share how you create the linked version in the first place?

PJ13

Club Captain
They just need to make licenced players editable. It's really dumb and annoying that they don't. Make them keep licenced equipment, it's fine but you should be able to change someone from a bowler to an all-rounder etc.

Bevab

Staff Member
They just need to make licenced players editable. It's really dumb and annoying that they don't. Make them keep licenced equipment, it's fine but you should be able to change someone from a bowler to an all-rounder etc.

No idea why they made them locked too, it wasn’t the case in previous editions of the game.

Wish they at least opened up the game to unofficial channels of editing to bypass it.

V13w3r

School Cricketer
Agreed, as well as update stats if you want... particularly for those whose stats are completely wrong (!) eg. 0 games played for a bunch of Windies players.

vishalp

School Cricketer
Anyone who can guide me through this, I can’t get through it

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
It seems they patched it or something. I've tried different methods to bypass the lock on licensed players, but it doesn't work. I tried deleting the link, but the unlink option is now gone. Furthermore, I uploaded a licensed player, downloaded it as a custom player, and still, the lock was there. It's unfortunate that we cannot change batting styles, mentality, bowling style, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread