Editing Tier 1 Players

Hi all

Really appreciate all the awesome content everyone contributes - not sure I’d be able to play the game without it.

I was wondering if anyone could help - I know some of the real players that can be downloaded allow you to edit the equipment etc even though they are licensed players. Being able to change shoes and gloves but keeping the official play face makes a huge difference. Would anyone be able to explain how to do this? I know @Llewelynf has several recreations where this is possible

Thanks

vishalp

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
It seems they patched it or something. I've tried different methods to bypass the lock on licensed players, but it doesn't work. I tried deleting the link, but the unlink option is now gone. Furthermore, I uploaded a licensed player, downloaded it as a custom player, and still, the lock was there. It's unfortunate that we cannot change batting styles, mentality, bowling style, etc.
Fr so many licensed bowlers have bowling action 1 and it’s such a turnoff

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
which players was this working on?
I know for sure it worked on Iyer and Bumrah. So, it probably was a glitch/bug/mistake on the devs' behalf. Whatever it was, it's no longer there. There's also a video on YouTube that shows how to edit licensed players that shows this trick.

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Fr so many licensed bowlers have bowling action 1 and it’s such a turnoff
Agreed. Also, batting styles and mentalities of a lot of licensed players are off as well. For example, Shaheen has "conservative" when it should've been "aggressive" or "brute", as he starts swinging from the first ball he faces.

cam2709

School Cricketer
which players was this working on?
It was definitely possible on licensed IPL players (excluding those also mapped to licensed national teams like England and Australian). It still works if you download versions of players already uploaded to the community (I have done this with a few of the South African and Indian players) but doesn't look like you can do it from scratch on a different player.

V13w3r

School Cricketer
Not sure how it's happened, but this seems to have happened to me when I downloaded Llewelyn's SA20 squads... bunch of much more customisable South African players have appeared... was this done by design or has something bizarre happened on my game?! Mostly the South Africans mind you - Ngidi, Markram, Marco Jansen, David Miller, Imran Tahir. Did not choose to save as custom versions etc. Instead, I had downloaded all teams initially, then tried to download the unamended (attributes-wise) South Africa team from Llewelyn... predictably, despite asking the game NOT to overwrite all the players, it obviously did. So then re-downloaded all the SA20 teams and ended up with 3 Aidan Markrams etc... They all look like their licensed selves but are not licensed and therefore not restricted etc...
Once a link is created for a player, if you unlink them you can edit them quite extensively like hair colour, equipment, body size and tattoos, personality traits etc. It creates a copy though, it's not the original licensed player. I do this as a workaround for a lot of the player issues.

Last edited:

cologino118

School Cricketer
Is there a way you can do this with England or Australian players for example? Theres the odd English player (Dan Lawrence, Liam Livingstone, Ben Stokes, etc) who you can get editable players for, but tried downloading most of the James Anderson’s on community and can’t find one that’s editable or says can be unlinked. Is there a way to do this?
Thanks
Brad

cam2709

School Cricketer
Does anybody know who the the academy username GameDriveOrg is? he seems to have had some luck with this topic - found a couple of West Indian players for download that are unlocked for editing?

vishalp

School Cricketer
Is there a way you can do this with England or Australian players for example? Theres the odd English player (Dan Lawrence, Liam Livingstone, Ben Stokes, etc) who you can get editable players for, but tried downloading most of the James Anderson’s on community and can’t find one that’s editable or says can be unlinked. Is there a way to do this?
Thanks
Brad
Which stokes did you download?

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Does anybody know who the the academy username GameDriveOrg is? he seems to have had some luck with this topic - found a couple of West Indian players for download that are unlocked for editing?
Can you check when were these players uploaded? It's possible that BA did an update to fix this loophole, as any tier 1 players that are uploaded recently have their personalities and identities locked.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Can you check when were these players uploaded? It's possible that BA did an update to fix this loophole, as any tier 1 players that are uploaded recently have their personalities and identities locked.
Did anyone find out if they are able to edit tier 1 players or use their likeness for career mode player?

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
So… I don't know how it happened, but I just checked my Indian team, and I have Mohammed Shami and Prasidh Krishna fully editable :goggle:. Now, if only every other licensed player was like that (minus their names and DOB, obviously), it would have been the life. BA's stubbornness about locking everything only makes the game worse.

Screenshot (356).pngScreenshot (351).png

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
So… I don't know how it happened, but I just checked my Indian team, and I have Mohammed Shami and Prasidh Krishna fully editable :goggle:. Now, if only every other licensed player was like that (minus their names and DOB, obviously), it would have been the life. BA's stubbornness about locking everything only makes the game worse.

View attachment 293493View attachment 293494
Might be a bug, but take advantage of this while you can. I recall this happened to me once with Faf Du Plessis back in Cricket 19/22.

Users who are viewing this thread