England in Australia

Warney gets Hoggard with a wrongun, looked like Hoggard thought it was a leggie so he went for the drive. Still going to be a tough chase for the Aussies if they can get these 2 wickets.

MUFC1987 said:
We can win this. :cool:

Just so nobody deletes this; Australia always struggle with small totals. Here we go.

Australia only struggles to get small totals against decent bowling attacks. Unless Hoggard takes 10 for i cant see England winning. It'll be interesting to see if Flintoff bowls under an injury cloud and to see if Giles can get some turn and bounce out of this wicket like Warney is.

If we get 50 runs from here. I'd say we have a great chance. 200 in about 30 overs could be great to watch.

50 runs? they are batting at 1 an over... they wont make 50 more runs unless collingwood just starts smacking them but thats too irresponsible for him to do so he wont. The barmy army are much quieter now aye?

If Australia get the two wickets now, it will be 145 runs from 48 overs, which is a different prospective. But I would like to see Australia chasing a total of 200 runs in 30 or 25 overs. But that doesn't seem likely now.

England are obviously just trying to survive giving Australia less time to get to the target and in the process less time to bowl the Aussies out. Thing is no team has scored over 4 an over this match and that looks like what we will have to score to win this.

Short Leg said:
Australia only struggles to get small totals against decent bowling attacks. Unless Hoggard takes 10 for i cant see England winning. It'll be interesting to see if Flintoff bowls under an injury cloud and to see if Giles can get some turn and bounce out of this wicket like Warney is.

And normally in dead rubbers.

Not sure what you mean about the BarmyArmy being a lot quieter in your next post though, it still seems to be them making most of the noise, they've seen far worse England sides lose by far more and still sung to the end ;)

I do find it unbelievable that Jones and Giles, the two selections that baffled most England fans, who both did nothing to win back their places, have both been in pretty dreadful form throughout this tour. Jones will keep his place no doubt as Read wasn't given a single practice match to stake his claim, but Giles, how much longer can Fletcher/Flintoff keep him in the side. This collapse despite his dire performance seems almost just the fuel they need :(

Anyway, well played Australia, but it is slightly worrying that until Giles and onwards in the wickets, not one bar Cook was a good piece of bowling that deserved a wicket instead it was all atrocious batting. England, you can't score 550 in a test and then just go to sleep.

Anyway, back downstairs for me, com'on England, at least make a fight of it. I have a horrible feeling Australia will smash it to all parts and chase it down at 5-7 an over.

I'm surprised Warne has only got 3 wickets though, it seems like a lot more than that.

hahaha wooooooooo harmison doesnt offer a shot and OUT!!! wow that seamed like a biatch though, 1 wicket to go, x amount of overs left, can someone tell me?

just saw hawkeye, dear god not out

I could stand on top the stumps and that ball would still have gone over my head. :rolleyes:

Right, I've got Warne for 3, Lee for 2, Clark for 1, Run out for 1, Koertzen 1 and Bucknor 1.

Harmison is out and I see this will be a runchase of 4 runs an over.

MUFC1987 said:
I could stand on top the stumps and that ball would still have gone over my head. :rolleyes:

You must be really short then :)
Poor call though which is a pity as the umpiring was so good before today.

MUFC1987 said:

Right, I've got Warne for 3, Lee for 2, Clark for 1, Run out for 1, Koertzen 1 and Bucknor 1.

so you wouldnt of given it out? i was certain it was out before i saw the replay, and so were every single one of the commentators. he didnt offer a shot to a ball that was going for middle stump.

PS: Dont use the umpires as your excuse, they are as much a part of the game as a bat or ball.

aussie1st said:
You must be really short then :)
Poor call though which is a pity as the umpiring was so good before today.

Very true and it wasn't even a smidgen too high it was well over. I have stayed up with the knowledge I have college in about 5 hours. I am so close to regretting that. :p

rickyp said:
so you wouldnt of given it out? i was certain it was out before i saw the replay, and so were every single one of the commentators. he didnt offer a shot to a ball that was going for middle stump.

PS: Dont use the umpires as your excuse, they are as much a part of the game as a bat or ball.
Using my years of Umpire training and experiences on the pitch, I would have given it not out, as it hit him above the knee roll and he's 6'4'' tall. I mean it's hardly marginal is it?

Users who are viewing this thread