England in Australia

id say 4/5 times that would be out, he didnt offer a shot, making it so likely to be given out. And mate, dont talk like you know I have umpiring training or not, coz for the record, im qualified to umpire 1sts rep cricket

rickyp said:
id say 4/5 times that would be out, he didnt offer a shot, making it so likely to be given out. And mate, dont talk like you know I have umpiring training or not, coz for the record, im qualified to umpire 1sts rep cricket
You asked me a question and I answered it. What's the problem?

It seems everyone is an umpire here. :laugh

Collingwood and Anderson are blocking and so far they are restricting the number of overs for Australia to bat.

Whether it will be a win for one side or a draw, this is entertaining.

Dam Hayden drops Collingwood if only Gilly didn't get his glove in the way :( Next ball hits for 4 too which could prove costly.

Oh well McGrath finishes it off. This chase is going to be very hard as 160 in one session isn't the norm we will need to bat like we do in ODIs.

Sounds interesting,although Im not going to be tempted into watching it,how many overs are still left to be bowled in the day though?

McGrath grabbed the final wicket just before tea.

Australia will need 168 runs of 36 overs to reach the target.

I was giving him out LBW. I dont care if it was going over the top padding up is as bad as ball tampering in my book and you dont deserve to be given not out if your not going to use the willow.

ZexyZahid said:
McGrath grabbed the final wicket just before tea.

Australia will need 168 runs of 36 overs to reach the target.

Should be definately on then,the aussies normally score at a runrate of that sort in test matches,england should look to attack so that if they get early wickets the aussies could be forced into a defensive shell.Darn,Im going back to study anyway. :mad

s2sschan said:
Gilchrist might come in early. Australia can do it with Ponting firing off.

Maybe at 4, Langer is a very aggressive scorer which hes shown previous tests matches and in our OD domestic games.

I don't want people to think this is a post complaining about the decisions, as I often make clear it is swings and roundabouts in cricket and I thought the umpiring was spot on in the first test, perfect in fact.

However the little things haven't gone Englands way, we had a fair few shouts that were a lot closer than the Harmison dismissal, in fact as close as the Anderson one (clipping a stump) that weren't given. That however does not excuse the individual errors, and it is those that will cost England this match. The unforgiveable drop by Giles with Ponting still in his 30's and a chance to see Australia reduced to 70-4 with their star batsman back in the hut. Then this time around Kp, Flintoff and Jones all playing quite inexusable shots.

And finally the selection issues before the game even began, end of the day England have thrown away any chances they had to win this game before it started, and the chances they had to draw it in this days play.

Fair enough the Aussies have bowled well, but England have batted appalingly. I said yesterday that bringing KP on against Warne merely stood to get Warne back in the game and 43 runs later it had done, here he is looking the very same player that has terrorised England for years.

Anyway, as I was saying it is a shame that England haven't quite had the run of the green with Strauss and Harmy, but when your batsman throw away their wicket, and your bowling attack isn't strong enough because you left out your number 1 spinner, you are already asking for fate to conspire against you.

Oh and one other thing before I head downstairs - Would someone explain the LBW law to Warney please! You would think he had forgotten that you can't be out if the ball pitches outside leg with how much he's been appealing today :p

(yes I know it's to build pressure, but still :p )

If Australia is smart they will play like 3 runs an over till about the 20th over and then attack.

Just as I type it Langer hits a four. :)

ZexyZahid said:
If Australia is smart they will play like 3 runs an over till about the 20th over and then attack.

Just as I type it Langer hits a four. :)
When the pitch is slow and it's easiest to bat while the ball is hard? If we get away early the game's over, a lot easier than trying to up the rate later on

I think the Aussies will attack until they lose too many wickets. Going good so far, taking quick singles and what a shot by Langer. Maybe stating a late claim to open for our ODI side :)

KP misses a runout chance Langer was miles out too.

Users who are viewing this thread